News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hopefulundertone

Member Name: hopefulundertone
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Thank you, from American Psycho
 May 28 2016, 04:41:28 PM

And thank you-- this is one of my favorite shows and it breaks my heart that I could only see it once and that not enough people appreciated it like I did! The show is so innovative and technically gorgeous in addition to amazing songs and great staging. Thank you and everyone involved for everything and I really hope that it has a life im the future! 

Unpopular Opinions
 May 14 2016, 02:46:12 AM

-American Psycho is one of my favorite shows that I've ever seen (and I'll be beyond distraught if it closes before I can see it again in the early fall, but that's a tangent sorry) 

-On that note, kinda, I really do love the show but the tech in Hamilton isn't that impressive really. The set and costumes are nice and all but they aren't groundbreaking or new by any means or anything to really rave about. Not bad, of course, but not deserving of t

Seeing shows multiple times
 Apr 1 2016, 02:51:26 AM

I've seen Book of Mormon 15 times on Broadway and 13 on tour... my next highest number is Les Mis with 5 on Broadway and 5 elsewhere. 

If I like a show (and I do like most shows I see, thankfully) I'll see it at least twice... some shows clearly just get ahead.

I can't think of a show I've seen and never wanted to see again, and I am entirely grateful for that. Obviously some shows are lower priority but I love seeing shows

30 Under 30 for Incognito
 Mar 31 2016, 02:07:49 AM

Nope, I haven't gotten it yet either.

Why do you think BOM continues to dominate?
 Jan 7 2016, 02:16:46 AM

On the non-business and non-masculinity side of things: the songs are catchy, the cast is talented and wonderful, the choreography is to die for, it has a lot of heart and a way more uplifting pro-religion message than one might think, there are a lot of extremely humorous moments (this goes without saying but here I am)... etc. Like yes it can be offensive but it's not like people don't know that going in, for the most part. 

Book of Mormon cast as of late?
 Jan 7 2016, 12:25:52 AM

I can (maybe unnecessarily) confirm that Kyle looks 19 and his voice is great and his acting and physicality are amazing. If you look a few replies back I went into slightly more detail.

Daniel and Nikki are both great, Nikki's Sal Tlay Ka Siti makes me cry every single time and I've seen it 7 times! Everyone else is fantastic as well- you'll have a lot of fun seeing this cast. 

Book of Mormon cast as of late?
 Jan 6 2016, 07:22:47 AM

I saw Kyle's first (principal) show yesterday which was especially interesting after having also seen Gavin's last! Kyle was great, I really enjoy what he did with the role and it was fun to see a Price that can more convieniently pass for 19 (not that the older Prices aren't amazing)! I'll definitely be seeing him again during his run. and the other leads and ensemble were wonderful as always. It was especially great to see Nick Spangler back on that stage, too.

BCEFA's Gypsy of the Year Collection Period
 Nov 14 2015, 01:49:39 AM

The Book of Mormon tour is offering an apron and cloth bag for $20 each, a signed poster for $100, and a signed Book of Mormon (apparently used in the show) for $150. I'm assuming that the Broadway company has similar things! 

SOLD (sorry):One ticket to Spring Awakening 10/10 Matinee
 Oct 2 2015, 07:10:30 PM

Hello! I have a ticket to Spring Awakening for the matinee on 10/10 but have had to shift my plans around and see the show another time. I'd hate to let the ticket go to waste, so I thought I would try here! It's in the rear mezz and I'm selling it for $50 (I paid $67.) Let me know if you're interested! I would transfer the ticket electronically through ticketmaster and you would pay me through Venmo (or PayPal.) Thanks!

Les Miserables rush tickets question
 May 1 2015, 12:06:37 AM

It looks like you already got your question answered-- but I've rushed Les Mis and yes they offer tickets for both performances! Enjoy :)

Bryce Pinkham Returning AGGTLM ?
 Apr 23 2015, 12:34:55 PM

Yeah I would think that H.C. closing early wouldn't make him come back earlier, I'm pretty sure he'll wait until Jeff is done, it wouldn't be fair to Jeff if he returned early (also Jeff is doing wonderfully from what I've heard, I'm sorry I probably can't see him) and also I'm sure Bryce could use a short break for a few months.

What should I see this summer?
 Apr 4 2015, 05:32:17 PM

This has been said before, but definitely see Hamilton. And Curious Incident is another great idea! 

Signature Theatre Announces its 2015-2016 Season-What do you think?
 Mar 30 2015, 04:24:52 PM
I once stage managed a partial reading of The Flick, so I'll for sure be seeing that. I also want to see West Side Story because I love it. But since I live in DC I'll probably see all the ones I can make it to see, they all sound great and I'm glad I don't have to travel over an hour to see great shows, like I usually do!
Hamilton spoilers
 Mar 29 2015, 11:26:05 AM
Like people have said, the ending isn't a spoiler because that's the thing that most people know about Hamilton anyway. But there are a few parts where I was surprised by some of what happened because we aren't taught too much about his personal life in school also it's been a few years since.... But yeah the ending can't be spoiled because we all know it. But there are some subplots that should remain unknown until someone sees it, I think. But its not the end of the world because even if you k
Ramin's Replacement
 Mar 28 2015, 01:21:47 PM
In my dreams, they bump up Aaron. Or Nate. Or they bring in Peter because he'll be back from the West End by then.
BROADWAY SECRETS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions
 Mar 26 2015, 10:39:56 PM
-I'm not a huge fan of Ramin's Valjean. I love him as a person and he's not like horrible but I'm not a fan either.
-I loved the Phantom movie.
-I like Wicked enough but I think it's overrated.

Digital Lotteries...the new thing?
 Mar 26 2015, 09:33:12 PM
Because I live a few hours outside the city I infinitely prefer rush to lottery because i can't afford (with time not money) a lottery, even a digital one. That being said, I'd rather have a digital lottery than an in person one, it's definitely more accessible and I think that's a good thing, for others. I just hope that shows continue to offer rush instead of/in addition to lottery.
Phantom Rear Mezz?
 Nov 29 2014, 03:31:30 PM
I haven't bought the tickets yet, but when I do they will not be full price. Still can't afford more than rear mezz though

Phantom Rear Mezz?
 Nov 29 2014, 12:53:14 PM
I'm planning on seeing Phantom for a Saturday matinee in two weeks and all I can afford is rear mezz seats in the back-- is the visibility okay from there? I've seen the show before from the orchestra so I am not too worried about it but I'd still like to check to see how they are! Thanks :)
Code for $20 off first purchase on TodayTix
 Oct 8 2014, 02:01:01 PM
i've heard WCNRM is a pretty good code.................
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You