News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for midorigal

Member Name: midorigal
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

West End shows for the coming holiday
 Oct 12 2023, 01:56:34 PM

Hi all,

I'm the wife and I'm busy taking notes! 

We already have Crazy for You on our list as that's one of my husband's favorite musicals. I did the research and panto Peter Pan is definitely on our list. I am already feeling like we are running out of time. I'm sad to see that Totoro tickets are sold out for the time we are there. Do you think there will be some returned tix? I am also thinking of skipping Christmas at Kew Gardens and just focusing on shows like we normally do in NYC...lol. And is Back to the Future just too silly?

Edit to add: Operation Mincemeat is on our list now! Big Thanks!

You all are always so great with recommendations for Broadway shows and the same for London too! Thank you!

Thank You! 12/25-12/30 Show Quick Recap
 Jan 1 2022, 02:30:47 AM

Wick3 said: "Really glad to hear you enjoyed your trip!!! Love your attitude and Flying Over Sunset is the only Broadway show that has a performance this evening starting at 7pm. I'm guessing that's why it didn't have a matinee yesterday.

"

Yes, I debated on getting tix on TodayTix today since they finally started offering cheaper seats. We’ve been monitoring it since we loved Tony Yazbeck when we saw him from On the Town and wanted to se

Dec 31 2021, 10:21:05 AM

adotburr said: "So happy you were able to get to NYC and still enjoy your time even with all the sudden cancellations!! MOMA is on my to do list and is my backup plan if I get to NYC and my show is cancelled. But good to know that MOMA is packed even with timed tickets."

It may have been the time we went to MoMa, Tuesday afternoon at 2pm. Maybe if you go early in the day it would be better. Good luck and I hope your show is not cancelled!

Dec 31 2021, 07:49:26 AM

Hi all,

As our trip is winding down, I wanted to give a big THANK YOU to the board as this chat board has always been so helpful for our trip planning. We come to NYC about every 2 years to see shows and thought of canceling this year when shows started canceling again but so glad we still came. We wore our KN-95 masks during shows and felt safer in the theatres than at “timed entry” at MoMa. That place was PACKed!

We did have to be flexible/nimble and pivot with our

COVID performance cancellation
 Dec 30 2021, 11:07:54 PM

dearalanaaaa said: "Hairspray0901 said: "thecometbringsnofear said: "The topic of audience members in the front rows is interesting. At Slave Play, my friend reported that the entire front row had kn95 masks taped to the seats, with a note requesting they be worn."

I read that audience members who sit in the Can Can seats at Moulin Rouge are given (k?)N95 masks.

This is honestly one of my concerns sitting in the first few rows - germs

COVID performance cancellation
 Dec 30 2021, 12:07:13 PM

Just received an email that our matinee show for today 12/30 of Moulin Rouge is cancelled. Disappointed that we won’t be able to see this on our trip even though we have touring tickets coming up this summer in LA since we heard the set is amazing. Looks like the evening show is still on. Hope everyone is ok. 

COVID performance cancellations
 Dec 26 2021, 07:09:07 PM

I’m going to Music Man tonight!!! 

Kimberly Akimbo matinee was AWESOME!!! I shed tears! The had understudies for Bobby and Deliah and they were terrific. Our American Utopia was cancelled for tonight. We were going to stay in the neighborhood and catch a show at Comedy Cellar but since Music Man was on for sure and so was Hugh Jackman I didn’t want to risk missing him on Thursday so we rushed to the box office and got tix. We couldn’t get seats together but at le

Dec 26 2021, 12:13:00 PM

Yup. Our 9 pm for America Utopia is cancelled for tonight Received an email from the theatre, re-booked for Tuesday night, fingers crossed. Will be headed out to Kimberly Akimbo soon and then I guess checking out Comedy Cellar tonight. Pivot! Pivot! Good luck everyone! 

Dec 26 2021, 06:38:05 AM

adotburr said: "midorigal said: "

Now I just hope the rest of my shows pan out as Telecharge has frozen my account as I was trying to order tickets from the hotel room and since the IP address is in NY and my home address is in another state I was flagged as violating some kind of security breach but that’s another story."

Call Telecharge asap to get it unlocked!!! But also I do hope the rest of your shows happen as planned!
"

Dec 25 2021, 11:37:42 PM

Just came back from The Girl from the North Country. This was on our list but we had not previously purchased tickets ahead of time. Since our Music Man performance was canceled and they had a show tonight we got tickets. Wow! Just wow! The cast is so talented and I was so moved I even bought a shirt! I am not even a Bob Dylan fan! Anyone who’s looking for a show replacement, please consider it!

The only understudy they used was Aidan Wharton for Gene Laine as Colin Bates was out

Dec 24 2021, 04:39:04 PM

Same. Had Tix for Saturday. Only in town until 1/1 debating to rebook on Tuesday or Thursday, so hard to predict. 

THE MUSIC MAN Previews
 Dec 24 2021, 12:44:44 PM

So that’s my question, can one only get a refund if the performer is out if their name is above the title? We have tickets for tomorrow night. Now that we know Sutton Foster will be out (hope she gets better soon) we still plan to go but if Hugh Jackman is out that is a whole different story. Though even with Sutton Foster  out we spent more money on the tickets than we normally would have, the reasoning being we were going to see both of them but now if we can get a refund and get

The Public Theater To Now Require Negative Test Along With Vaccination
 Dec 18 2021, 01:48:52 PM

Well I’d do it for the Music Man and our tickets are for Christmas Day and we fly in Christmas Eve let’s hope that theatre doesn’t do a last minute implement. 

The Public Theater To Now Require Negative Test Along With Vaccination
 Dec 18 2021, 01:26:30 PM

I get it but that does not seem to be any notice at all? Do they have any show running at all currently? For example, for our upcoming trip, we were going to get Sandra Bernhard’s residency show at Joe’s Pub but decided against it. We did pre-purchase 7 other shows at various other theatres if they all decide to implement this last minute and we still decide to come even taking the chance on cancellations (between Christmas/New Year’s) trying to get tested 24 hrs will prove

Dec 16 2021, 09:07:12 PM

Wow...this slow bleed of shut down trickle is nerve wrecking...as stated in a previous post we are coming from Los Angeles on 12/24 and leaving 1/1. We booked 7 shows already, careful not to overlap show that will be touring in LA that we already have tickets for. 

We have the following:

12/25-Swining Birdland Christmas

12/25 Night-Music Man

12/26-Matinee Kimberly Akimbo

12/26-Night American Utopia

12/28-Night Company

12/29-Matinee To Kill

Dec 15 2021, 08:45:51 PM

We are coming in Christmas Eve and flying out New Year's Day have booked 7 shows so far and planned to get a couple more via TKTS/Rush, etc. do the Midnight Run at Central Park. We do this every couple of years, come into town and see as many shows as we can. Our last trip was planned for April 202 and that was cancelled of course. Everything is cancellable/refundable and we are watching things carefully. We are from Los Angeles so well used to masks and vaxxed but of course still monitor

Jagged LP at 2:00 and American Utopia at 5:00 with Vaccine Check?
 Nov 22 2021, 10:27:20 PM

Thank you all! I feel much more re-assured about making it to the 5:00 American Utopia show now! Especially knowing the vaccine certificate check does not take that long and shows tend to start a bit later, we may even fit in a 3rd show after!  

Six vs Girl from North Country vs Company
 Nov 22 2021, 06:34:50 PM

You have a great list!

We are coming for the holidays so Funny Girl and Plaza Suite won't be playing yet. I guess it depends on if you are a big Dylan fan? I'd go with Company and Six if you can get Six at a decent price. For our upcoming trip, Six ticket prices are crazy. So that may be out unless we get lucky with the lottery. Have fun!

Jagged LP at 2:00 and American Utopia at 5:00 with Vaccine Check?
 Nov 22 2021, 06:19:40 PM

Hi all,

We are so excited to be returning to NYC between Christmas and NY this year. Per usual we try to see as many shows as we can during our trip and have already began to strategize and map out our show plans. I see that on Thursday, 12/30 there's a matinee of Jagged Little Pill at 2:00 and have already got tix. The runtime is 2 hr. 40 min. American Utopia is at 5:00 the theatres are on the same street practically across from each other. Normally I think it shouldn't be a p

Great Comet Seating Thread
 Dec 31 2016, 06:22:32 PM

Just came from the 12/31 matinee we were in rear mezz row E aisle right behind a little stage where dancers cane around. We got a dumpling and shaker. Highly recommend for $99!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You