News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Rigazzi2

Rigazzi2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Rigazzi2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Fergie Joins Cast of Nine Film...
 Jul 18 2008, 03:08:37 PM
JasonF, I love that I'm not alone in my childhood obsession with Kids, Inc! I SWORE I'd be on that show at some point, playing Stacy's and Renee's brother. HA! And I actually was a big fan of the group Wild Orchid (with Stacy and Renee) a good ten years ago or so.

Indeed, WHO KNEW!?

re: Fergie Joins Cast of Nine Film...
 Jul 18 2008, 01:48:54 PM
Well, she did get her start in television as a kid. I used to watch Kids Incorporated RELIGIOUSLY in the early 80s and she was an original cast member (first seven seasons, or something like that) so it's not as though she's coming out of NOwhere.
re: WEST SIDE STORY Revival will have an Orchestra of 30 players...
 Jul 16 2008, 02:08:51 PM
I couldn't be more excited... I WILL make a trip to NYC just for this. It's been my very favorite Broadway musical since birth, essentially, and to finally get the chance to see a production of it on Broadway is a dream. 30-piece orchestra!! OY!

(I'm currently doing a community theatre production of the show in Alameda, California... That's ramping me up that much more to be there next spring!)

re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
 Jul 16 2008, 12:47:56 PM
All we can do is hope she'll be gone after those two weeks. And then perhaps Autumn will take over -- she may not be the STRONGEST dancer, but I do believe she'd get it and she doesn't look awkward. She is, however, a strong vocalist and probably the strongest actress of the bunch. They're shooting themselves in the foot by going with the look rather than the package. Why give a show to someone whose acting is her weakest skill? Makes no sense.

Again, ah well... it's showbiz...

re: The Search for the Next Elle Woods: The Spoiler thread
 Jul 16 2008, 12:28:52 PM
It's definitely Bailey based on that snippet... That makes me ill. Bailey is cute, looks the part and dances well... but the girl's voice is weak and her acting is weaker. She's great for theme parks, but not right as a leading lady on Broadway (based on what I've seen thus far, which is every episode of this series to date). If, indeed, Bailey is the winner, I'll be more than just disappointed.

Ah well... that's show business...

re: After Patti Leaves... fill in your dream blank
 Jun 25 2008, 06:32:08 PM
Debra Monk
re: What Got u Hooked on Broadway
 Jun 12 2008, 02:47:46 PM
I grew up in a rather artsy family -- we always had cast albums and movie musicals, etc (I watched West Side Story, Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Grease, The Wiz, Jesus Christ Superstar, The King and I, Oklahoma, etc from birth, essentially). My parents actually started dating in high school while working on their production of Hello Dolly in the early 70s (playing Irene and Cornelius)... that's just always kinda' played through in life, really. I think what kinda' RE-introduced me to Broadway
re: First show you saw alone..
 Jun 11 2008, 03:30:03 PM
My first show on Broadway that I caught by myself was SWEENEY TODD, I think... either that or DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS. I think it was SWEENEY, though...

I did, however, see the touring production of Miss Saigon by myself nearly ten years ago in San Francisco...

re: Best Evita Album
 Apr 18 2008, 02:29:18 PM
For me, it's the concept album... I just think everything about it is brilliant -- both lush and raw. The arrangements are fantastic, early Colm is great to hear and Julie Covington just gives me chills. It's my favorite recording.

My next favorite is probably the 2006 London revival.

re: WICKED will have open-ended run in San Francisco's ORPHEUM THEATER.
 Apr 10 2008, 04:37:21 PM
Let us not get our proverbial panties in a twist. I think the "second sit-down show in the Curran" rumor is false. I know SHN well enough to know that even they know that would be a sketchy choice to have two of its three theatres booked with open-ended sit-downs.

The Orpheum isn't nearly as bad as many are moaning about. Granted, the Curran IS in the better neighborhood and is a lovely theatre, but the Orpheum has had some MAJOR restoration work over the last decade and is in fant

re: Pulitzers Announced Today
 Apr 7 2008, 06:11:13 PM
WOOOHOOO for Tracy Letts (from my home town of Durant, by the by)!
'Your' first broadway cast recording
 Mar 26 2008, 04:11:13 PM
I grew up on my mother's OBCR on vinyl (My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, South Pacific, Camelot, etc). I think the first OBCR that was INTENDED to be mine was probably "Chess". I think I bought that my 8th grade year around the same time I bought "Miss Saigon".
re: TALES OF THE CITY... casting?
 Mar 20 2008, 01:40:10 PM
...Too true... hard to tell what to expect from the Scissor Sisters (a group I, incidentally, adore).

Still, I think it's fair to say that there are some things we could expect -- Anna Madrigal would most likely be a fiftysomething alto, Mary Ann would probably be an ingenue (with some spice), etc...

TALES OF THE CITY... casting?
 Mar 20 2008, 01:26:59 PM
Just curious how you folks would cast the show... Any wish lists or personal thoughts on the possible casting of the musical?
re: Song and Dance Dream Casting
 Mar 12 2008, 01:46:26 PM
Dani Marcus
Martine McCutcheon
Leslie Kritzer

NO Idina... no, no, no, no, no...

re: Comic number for tenor
 Feb 21 2008, 06:50:25 PM
THANKS! And I'm actually not too concerned with a "showing off my voice" type of song. I'd rather have a fun character number than a big-ol' warbler. SO that might be a really fun choice!

Comic number for tenor
 Feb 21 2008, 06:35:54 PM
Hello, luvvies!

I have a gig approaching and I'm looking for a fun, comic number. I'm pretty much your standard tenor. ...I'm going COMPLETELY brain dead and can't seem to think of anything, but I'd like to sing something I can sink my teeth into in terms of character -- something to break the monotony of ballads and the like (it's for an annual benefit concert/cabaret and most of the solos are typically ballads). For reference, the songs I've sung in the previous cabarets have bee

re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on MAKE ME A SONG
 Jan 2 2008, 03:11:39 PM
I so wish I could have had the opportunity to see MAKE ME A SONG. Sally Wilfert was my voice teacher when I lived out in NYC and she is, indeed, a BRILLIANT vocalist. Truly. She's the warmest person I know and she is the most gifted and fabulous vocal coach I've ever worked with. The woman is magic. LOVE HER!

I'm glad you enjoyed the show and I cannot wait to get my hands on the cast recording! Thanks for the wonderful review, m'dear!

re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
 Oct 16 2007, 03:34:35 PM
I'd have to look for their contact info, but SALLY WILFERT (RIDICULOUSLY talented, charming as all get-out and amazing at making things just make sense) is a DREAM, and I've heard nothing but good things about MICHAEL FORMAN (a dear man with a fantastic library of music). Sally taught me voice while I was there and her insight and technique just blew me away. I love, love, love her. She's a fantastic performer, as well, and has quite a resume.

I've known folk who have studied with

re: The 'Du Crew... a new place where nobody dared to go...
 Aug 20 2007, 03:59:53 PM
Thanks, puddin'!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You