News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Yostertag

Yostertag Profile Photo
Member Name: Yostertag
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
 Dec 21 2008, 02:04:58 AM
See Boeing Boeing. Please. Why would you see anything a second time when you have yet to see Mark Rylance? Why would you not see Boeing Boeing a second time after seeing Mark Rylance?

I'm sure Gypsy is great, but I can endorse Boeing-Boeing having seen it.

Please and thank you, you will not regret it.

If that didn't convince you, this will:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU9iCgGDjRI

re: How Great Curtains was.......
 Dec 19 2008, 02:56:07 AM
Curtains is a great show, and those lucky enough to experience it on Broadway should consider themselves truly blessed. I was fortunate enough to see it before it's untimely closing, and it just left me with the sense that I had seen something before my time. I loved that the songs seemed to reflect on Kander and Ebb's partnership (I Miss the Music in particular). It closed too soon, but it should do well in the high school, college and touring circuits.
re: Worst Tony Award Performance Ever
 Sep 19 2008, 08:32:31 PM
I had never heard of Starmites, but that was bad. How in the world did that find it's way to the Tony's?

Grease was really bad. It looked like a pretty good high school production. Cry Baby, a show that seems very closely related to Grease, showed Grease up big time.

re: Fantabulous Broadway Recordings (of the video variety)
 Aug 10 2008, 03:49:15 AM
I really like Company, and Raul Esparza is amazing. I think the whole production was magnificently cast and directed.

Sunday is great, but the second half just isn't. Act II cannot ruin the stunning performances of Patinkin and Peters, so I would still highly recommend it.

There is a 1985 recording of Follies in concert, which is pretty good. A lot of songs were cut, and it is kind of half documentary, but Comden & Green perform brilliantly. Purchasing the recording is wor

re: If you could travel back in time and see ONE show...
 Aug 7 2008, 12:34:22 PM
One of the original Ziegfield Follies; perhaps 1917 with Bert Williams, Eddie Cantor, Will Rogers and Fanny Brice.

The Last 5 Years with Sherie and Norbert

Either Broadway edition of Assassins

re: Favorite books about Broadway
 Aug 5 2008, 03:55:02 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Broadway: The American Musical by Michael Kantor and Laurence Maslon. It is a pretty general view of Broadway but it covers a lot of ground, from Ziegfield to Disney. Definitely an essential read for show people in my book.
re: Jason Robert Brown Posts Singing Contest On His Blog
 Aug 5 2008, 03:29:34 AM
Due to bad planning (I live in rural Arizona and forgot about the time change), I missed the deadline for JRB Karaoke Freak 2008 by approximately 12 minutes. So, even though I am no longer in the running to be the next Elle Woods on Broadway or something, I thought I would still post my version of "She Cries" since I had already recorded it.

This is my humble attempt at singing a great song that is rather out of my range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YChC2cIW44g

That said, it was a lot of fun to sing and I hope someone, somewhere, might glean a small amount of pleasure from it.

Thank you so much for listening to my desperate plea!

Aaron Yost
Pinetop, AZ

re: What month are you going to see Young Frankenstein on Broadway?
 Aug 20 2007, 07:10:07 PM
I am hoping to see it in July. I would like to see it sooner but unfortunately I live in Arizona.
re: Spring Awakening
 Aug 20 2007, 07:04:52 PM
Ok so far I have not gotten an answer to my original question. I did not intend to assault Spring Awakening and be attacked by the fan base, but inevitably this is exactly what has happened. So let me ask again: why is Spring Awakening so great?

Great acting, fantastic singing and songs are good reasons, but frankly they are not nearly specific enough. If an actor/composer is featured on broadway for an extended period of time, the chances are incredibly great that said person is ver

re: Spring Awakening
 Aug 19 2007, 11:16:45 AM
Yes I believe that it does have something going for it, that something being good music. The lyrics, not so much. The story, not so great. And what could be funnier than someone masterbating on stage?

Maybe I've been misinformed, but the synopsis I read does not seem like a happy ending. It maybe at best is not as sad as the rest of the play.

As for having everything a musical should have, there are plenty of better musicals that meet the aforementioned qualifications. Spa

Spring Awakening
 Aug 19 2007, 03:08:29 AM
Ok. I will be strongly opposed on what I'm about to say, but I want to be enlightened.

In my opinion, Spring Awakening has nothing going for it but shock value. The story is sad, but if thats all it takes to win a tony for best musical, anyone can produce a hit broadway show.

Now admitedly I have not seen the show, but I have heard the music and read a detailed synopsis. I have also read the broadway abridged version of the show(www.broadwayabridged.com), and I whole heartedly

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You