pixeltracker

What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)

What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)

coolkid11776
#1What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 11:21am

Hi,
I've been having trouble deciding what to see tomorrow
I'm seeing Spring Awakening tomorrow night, Whatever I see for the Mat would need to be cheap ($20-35)
I'm thinking either
Gypsy (I don't know if it's good or not)
Rock of ages (Again 2nd time)
Equus (2nd time)
Wicked (2nd time)
I also haven't seen these and I know they are closing soon
- Dividng the Estates
- Liza
- Spamalot
- All My sons
Any of these I should make an effort to see b4 they close?
Thanks for the help
Also for the rush for Liza could I walk up at 12:30 and get a ticket for the Mat or do you need to be there really early? bc I won't get into NYC till like 12:30PM
Thanks again
I'm also open to other suggestions

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"
Updated On: 12/20/08 at 11:21 AM

PiraguaGuy2
#2re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 11:24am

Gypsy is amazing.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Trekkie2
#2re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 11:37am

Coolkid... I don't understand. Don't you already have closing night tickets to all those shows?

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#3re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 11:49am

"Gypsy (I don't know if it's good or not)"

It's called seeing the show yourself and forming your own opinion. Of course if you actually took the time to read through the threads here (instead of obsessing over rush/lotto and going to last shows), you would get the general consensus of what people here think of Gypsy.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

clever name Profile Photo
clever name
#4re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 11:53am

You really should see Gypsy while you can.

homeimp
#5re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 12:17pm

If you don't see Gypsy with Patti, your theater-going resume will be missing something wonderful. The best production ever of the greatest musical ever.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#6re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 2:07pm

You should go see something appropriate for your age. THE LITTLE MERMAID may be a little bit too much of a 'thinking' show for you...and you only wish to spend no more than $20 anyway. Go to the movie theatres on 42nd street and see THE TALE OF DESPEREAUX.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

jagfkb
#7re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 6:13pm

Die sockpuppet, die...

being.jeremiah
#8re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 6:43pm

This might the only time I'm being nice to you...

Go see Gypsy.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#9re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 6:48pm

Don't see Gypsy, just get a bootleg of it.

See Liza.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#10re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 7:01pm

Honey..the thing is YOU NEED ADVISE on everything! You know..we do charge per advise here! re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)

J*

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#11re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 7:07pm

Gypsy is amazing. I'm glad that I finally saw it on Thursday.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

legallyblondegal Profile Photo
legallyblondegal
Yankeefan007
#13re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 7:17pm

I wonder what shows Coolkid saw this year.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#14re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 7:18pm

SPRING AWAKENING X 6!

J*
Updated On: 12/20/08 at 07:18 PM

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#15re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 9:24pm

So are you telling me that in all the time you have been posting on here about Rent (Although I do love it), Spring Awakening, Wicked and other trash you haven't seen Gypsy? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You haven't seen one of the best productions of this year, forget this year, one of the best productions in ten or more years? You have missed a great legend in a role that can only been seen for three more weeks. You have got to be kidding me. Get your ass out of the Gershwin and out of the Eugene O'Neil and get your ass over to the St. James!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#16re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 9:42pm

I hear "The Blonde in the Thunderbird" is brilliant.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#17re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 10:46pm

Honey..the thing is YOU NEED ADVISE on everything! You know..we do charge per advise here!

Yes, we DO charge. Everyone except for J*, that is. If he had to pay for every time HE asked for advice he would never be able to leave Boston.

By the way, how was your trip to San Francisco? And what did you decide about Puerto Rico? Did you get your passport yet?

PEACE.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#18re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 11:21pm

Go see Cry-Baby. I've heard great things.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#19re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 11:32pm

By the way, how was your trip to San Francisco?

Oh that was 6 months ago, hun. There's a thread at OT!

And what did you decide about Puerto Rico?
Were probably going this coming Holyweek

Did you get your passport yet? Yup. You know me-I'm always ready! Organized and well-labeled! re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)

J*

Updated On: 12/20/08 at 11:32 PM

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#20re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/20/08 at 11:54pm

"Holyweek"? No, don't go then. Those Latin-American countries are SO Christian-y at that time. No gay love during "Holyweek" in those foreign countries.

And you started a thread about a trip? I will have to check that out!

PEACE.

Yostertag Profile Photo
Yostertag
#21re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/21/08 at 2:04am

See Boeing Boeing. Please. Why would you see anything a second time when you have yet to see Mark Rylance? Why would you not see Boeing Boeing a second time after seeing Mark Rylance?

I'm sure Gypsy is great, but I can endorse Boeing-Boeing having seen it.

Please and thank you, you will not regret it.

If that didn't convince you, this will:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU9iCgGDjRI

"I have had lots of failures, but I have never felt like giving up theater. There is a kind of inner conceit that most people have who work in theater. They always feel tomorrow is going to be alright and very often, it is." -Oscar Hammerstein

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#22re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/21/08 at 2:33am

I agree with you Drunk Chita Rivera. For someone who is always asking about opening and closing night tickets, I will never believe you on actually getting them or really wanting them anymore.

And I'll admit, I'm probably one of the only people on this board who has not seen Wicked or Spring Awakening. And honestly, I don't care right now. I'm sure eventually I will see Wicked, but I'm happy with the few shows that I have seen.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#23re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/21/08 at 9:39am

"If that didn't convince you, this will:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU9iCgGDjRI "

Between that and the backstage tour on Broadway.com I decided to see the show, I'm going today front row center (for a discount FYI that I used yesterday)

benny123 Profile Photo
benny123
#24re: What to see (Need help deciding) (Please help me out!)
Posted: 12/21/08 at 9:42am

GYPSY GYPSY GYPSY!! enjoy x

Videos