News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FelineofAvenueB1025

FelineofAvenueB1025 Profile Photo
Member Name: FelineofAvenueB1025
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Chess In Concert
 Jun 28 2009, 10:19:44 PM
i thought it was absulutely fantastic. the combination of pascal, groban and menzel was golden. highlights, in my opinion were groban's "where i want to be", pascal's "pity the child" and "one night in bangkok", menzel and ellis's "i know him so well", and the mountain duet. i had never heard chess before that concert and i have now come to really, really enjoy the musical. i think it would be great if this concert or something like it came to nyc as well as london. :)
re: Watch Live--Grammy for Best Musical Show Album
 Feb 10 2009, 08:40:06 PM
I'm so thrilled for them!
I was at the show when they found out. It was a really special experience because Lin came out of the stagedoor screaming "We just won a Grammy!" and everyone was cheering.
I truly believe they deserved it. The cast album for In The Heights is PHENOMENOL.

re: Celebrate the Music of Disney: Josh Groban, Butler, Pascal & more!
 Dec 30 2008, 03:38:28 PM
I absolutely loved Pascal and Headley's "Can You Feel The Love Tonight." Absolutely beautiful.
re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
 Dec 29 2008, 07:33:03 PM
I am so excited for this cast! I have tickets for Saturday matinee in Philly and I am ecstatic! I've seen Justin all three times I've seen it on Broadway, and he was fantastic. Adam and Anthony go without saying, and I think Adam still looks amazing with that bright blonde hair! (I may be a bit biased, but oh well) If you ask me, those two guys have still got it, and the tour will be nothing less than mind-boggling.

The only one I'm not looking forward to is Nicolette. I HATED her.

re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
 Nov 29 2008, 11:55:05 AM
Please please please please PLEASE don't tell me that twilight is now infiltrating the BWW boards too!

We can't seem to escape it anymore...

Twilight: the musical = disaster.
Broadway does not need to stoop that low.

re: What Character From A Broadway Show Do You Most Relate To?
 Nov 12 2008, 07:42:06 PM
Cathy from The Last 5 Years. Everytime I listen to Climbing Uphill I'm reminded of myself and what I've thought at every single audition I've ever gone too. Since I'm only 17, I don't know much about the whole failed relationship thing, but every other aspect of Cathy that you get from listening to the recording, and even some between-the-lines stuff I've picked up myself remind me of myself.

Also, there's some Elphaba in me...the outsider who always has someone around to one-up her o

re: who else listening to RENT today?
 Sep 7 2008, 08:28:40 PM
Listened to the obc on my ipod this morning and i had to stop in the middle of finale a because the tears wouldn't stop and i felt like if i listened all the way to the end of the finale it would be too final...

i watched the movie last week and cried harder than i've ever cried watching the movie, because i knew soon it would all be gone...

I Die Without You
 Sep 7 2008, 03:59:49 PM
I'm not gonna lie...I'm pretty depressed.

This show has changed my life. Call it cliche, call me stupid, but it's true. i've seen it three times and i plan to see the tour when it stops in philadelphia. Though I've only liked it for only about 3 years, it has become my everything. It is not the best written, best staged, best choreographed, but it SPEAKS. it's poignant and relatable. while many people can say that they don't care for rent, they do care for broadway, and look at all re

re: [ACTOR] Should So Play [ROLE!]
 Sep 7 2008, 01:42:44 PM
As someone who is TOTALLY EXCITED about the guy and dolls revival, i think that:

Kristin Chenoweth as Miss Adelaide. *if she can sing it*
Norbert Leo Butz as Nathan Detroit
Ashley Brown as Sarah Brown

I also like the idea of Adam Pascal as Judas.

And though they may be a bit old, i've always wanted to see Pascal as Fiyero and Anthony Rapp as Boq. Wishful thinking, I know. :)

who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Sep 1 2008, 03:09:50 PM
last summer i sent a RENT playbill to adam pascal towards the end of his and anthony's run. i sent it c/o the theatre. i never got anything back and i have no way of knowing if he got it or not. does the theatre have to return the playbill if adam didn't get it or what? can anyone tell me how that works?
re: Funniest Broadway Song?
 Aug 26 2008, 12:26:16 PM
I Got Life from Hair
Climbing Uphill from The last five years (the audition verse)

re: Best contrapuntal moments in a show (or movie, or ANYTHING)
 Aug 25 2008, 07:26:40 PM
Every single one in RENT gets to me...i think they're all amazing, especially christmas bells.

i'm also partial to the johanna reprise in sweeney todd, especially the movie one.

what about the next ten minutes from the last five years when jamie and cathy sing together? goodbye until tomorrow/i could never rescue you is so amazing it always makes me cry.

96,000 and Blackout are priceless...so much going on and yet it keeps you completely hooked.

re: Clever Lyrics that make you Smile Every Time!
 Aug 21 2008, 12:46:48 PM
ITH: "Bartender...lemme get an amaretto sour for this ghetto flower...how are you so pretty?" cracks me up every time and i have no idea why.

Guys and Dolls: "I may be down, but I'm not flat as all that." When I did that show last year my mom used to die laughing everytime I sang it because she found it so amusing.

RENT: "I was a boy scout once, and a brownie...until some brat got scared." All I can say to that is...Angel would.

DRS: "I can finally afford to see a Broadway show!" and basically all of "Great Big Stuff"

And this isn't really a lyric, but I love how, in Wicked, the I'm Not That Girl reprise goes right into As Long As You're Mine, which in itself I find to be beautiful and my favorite love song.

re: What are your top three worst shows ever (that everyone else seemed to
 Aug 20 2008, 02:06:37 PM
Spring Awakening - I feel that this show is just too much for broadway. while some of the songs are good, much of the lyrics do not make sense. i don't understand why people would want to go to broadway and see some of the things exhibited in spring awakening onstage. i haven't seen the show, but i think i would be highly uncomfortable.

phantom of the opera - this show has wonderful music, but i just don't see how it has stuck around for so long. the story is not particularly poigan

Awkward Stage Door Moments
 Aug 20 2008, 11:51:46 AM
This thread is great...I have a few...
A few years ago, at RENT, (my first ever Broadway show), my cousin and I were waiting at stagedoor. Since it was my first show and I was completely overwhelmed, I broke out in hives, which were completely visible on my chest since I was wearing a v-neck sweater. When talking to D'Monroe (Benny), he asked me how old I was were I was from, and how many shows I'd seen. I proceeded to tell him I was 15, from South Jersey and it was my first show, and he pl

The Official Best Musical Tony Award Winner 'In The Heights' Love Thread
 Aug 16 2008, 03:04:28 PM
This show is absolutely incredible. Discovered it while watching the Tonys, and I was completely floored by the performance. A friend of mine bought me the OBC while in NYC a few weeks ago and it has not left my stereo or been off of my iPod. (It's the perfect music to work out to as well. Treadmill time goes by in a jiffy!) Every song is filled with passion and can spark something inside of you. Lin-Manuel Miranda is a genius, and I hope to see more from him on Broadway in the future. I wou
re: Best 'Make It Work' instance from you theatre past..
 Aug 14 2008, 12:01:29 PM
In my high school's production of Guys and Dolls last year, we had two awesome guys playing Benny Southstreet and Nicely-Nicely Johnson. Anyway, it was the scene before they sing the Guys and Dolls number, and Benny Southstreet forgets to come onstage. The kid playing Nicely had to improvise this huge monologue, trying to turn the conversation into a one-sided thing, and wondering where Benny was. It took the rest of the cast a while to actually find Benny, while various chorus members ran acros
rent your first time
 Jan 21 2008, 05:15:18 PM
I first "fell in love with" RENT in November of 2005...when the movie came out. I know it's cliche, but I had just really started getting into musical theatre, and RENT really shaped that. (This comes from my first "favorite musical" being Phantom of the Opera, which is even more cliche, to me.) RENT changed my views on many issues and really made me rethink things and learn never to take anything for granted.

So, in October of 2006, it was my fifteenth birthday, and when my parents a

re: Lyric Game...15 Songs
 Oct 24 2007, 10:01:19 PM
Yay!! I love this game!
I'll give it a shot, though this will probably be WAY easy for some of you...

1. Take back the books and pack up the clothes/Clear out the room and drop off the key...

2. Kiss today goodbye/The sweetness and the sorrow...

3. Ever since the dawn of time, if anything, everybody had the right to howl at the moon and to move all night...

4. I should tell you I'm disaster/I forget how to begin it...

5. Someday when it's me/I'll

re: The Official LB MTV Broadcast Thread
 Oct 15 2007, 08:11:45 PM
I personally loved the show. I HATED the Hills girls. They had no enthusiasm whatsoever and looked as though they would rather kill themselves than be there. I was like whatever, they're probably just jealous that they couldn't be in the show. I loved loved LOVED Christian Borle and Orfeh and LBB was good, but not my favorite. I thought the behind the scenes stuff was great, but the commercials needed to go, and so did the Hills girls being all "Will Elle choose Emmett or Warner!!! Find out
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You