pixeltracker

The Official Rent LOVE Thread: Thank You Jonathan Larson

The Official Rent LOVE Thread: Thank You Jonathan Larson

musicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
#1The Official Rent LOVE Thread: Thank You Jonathan Larson
Posted: 9/3/08 at 8:11pm

OK I have been getting really pissed at all the dissing of people who like Rent. It got me into theater what can I say? So if you don't like Rent don't post in this board this is for the people who love rent and will miss it. I expect to get bashed but I think they should have at least one thread where they can talk about the closing and it's life without people making fun!

Well yah, enjoy

Updated On: 9/8/08 at 08:11 PM

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#2re: The Official Rent LOVE Thread: The Last Season Of Love
Posted: 9/3/08 at 8:15pm

Didn't someone else try this the other night and it was a complete failure?

It got me into theatre as well :)

musicalmaster703
#2re: The Official Rent LOVE Thread: The Last Season Of Love
Posted: 9/3/08 at 8:17pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=31866

If you want a ticket along with the 525,600 people waiting!

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#3re: The Official Rent LOVE Thread: The Last Season Of Love
Posted: 9/3/08 at 8:32pm

It's the last season?

When did the season even start?

SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#4re: The Official Rent LOVE Thread: The Last Season Of Love
Posted: 9/3/08 at 8:35pm

Did anyone else notice that "jess" got deleted?

Weird.

musicalmaster703
#5re: The Official Rent LOVE Thread: The Last Season Of Love
Posted: 9/3/08 at 8:36pm

You know what I mean TDH

stupidbeans
#6I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye
Posted: 9/3/08 at 8:43pm

I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye

such a shame to see it go, but I am glad to see it go away with a title of being one of the most successful runs in broadway history

GOODBYE LOVE!!!

"And We Have A Shepherd's Pie Peppered With Actual Shepherd On Top" - Mrs. Lovett, Sweeney Todd
Updated On: 9/3/08 at 08:43 PM

coolkid11776
#7re: The Official Rent LOVE Thread: The Last Season Of Love
Posted: 9/3/08 at 8:45pm

Such a shame to see it go
Goodbye Love

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

stupidbeans
#8I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye
Posted: 9/3/08 at 8:46pm

why are you copying what I just said

"And We Have A Shepherd's Pie Peppered With Actual Shepherd On Top" - Mrs. Lovett, Sweeney Todd
Updated On: 9/3/08 at 08:46 PM

LittleTvSets
#9I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye
Posted: 9/3/08 at 9:17pm

It's a great show, but it's time has come.

Did you guys expect it to stay alive forever?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#10I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye
Posted: 9/3/08 at 9:17pm

TDH, I believe the season of love comes right after the purple summer.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

LittleTvSets
#11I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye
Posted: 9/3/08 at 9:20pm

Where does winter and fall go?

coolkid11776
#12I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye
Posted: 9/3/08 at 9:21pm

RENT IS SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN SPRING AWAKENING
I Really wish Spring Awakening or Phantom would CLOSE so RENT could Stay open.

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

LittleTvSets
#13I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye
Posted: 9/3/08 at 9:22pm

Even if they did close, it wouldn't make a difference.

It's not those shows that controls RENT's ticket sales.

Even RENT has to close with low ticket sales. Hard to belive, but it's true.

stupidbeans
#14I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye
Posted: 9/3/08 at 9:25pm

coolkid I think spring awakening and rent are too diffrent to compare. They are both great shows. Just because spring awakening closes doesn't mean rent will be open longer

ETA: My Idea is on the title YAY!

Updated On: 9/3/08 at 09:25 PM

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#15I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye
Posted: 9/3/08 at 9:52pm

Oh my god...

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#16I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye
Posted: 9/3/08 at 9:53pm

Coolkid, you do realize that each show on Broadway is a private business. If one show is open it doesn't effect any other shows. I do love Phantom and I hate Spring Awakening. I wouldn't say I would want Spring Awakening to close so that Phantom could stay open. That sentence wouldn't make sense. Phantom being open doesn't have anything to do with Spring Awakening being open and vise versa.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#17I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye
Posted: 9/3/08 at 11:02pm

Coolkid, Rent has been one Broadway for 12 years (if you didn't know) it is a stale old production and it needs a break. Please Accept that.

I'm so sad and glad that it is closing. I am going to the final performance and I am very excited. It's going to be amazing. Rent changed my life, if it wasn't for Rent I don't know what I would be doing now. It got me into theater and I will always love it no matter who or what comes along.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#18I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye
Posted: 9/3/08 at 11:06pm

it is a stale old production

And that was already pretty generous...

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#19I Can't Believe This is...Goodbye
Posted: 9/3/08 at 11:40pm

I remember going to see Adam and Anthony last year and go so angry during intermission. I was so angry that this show that I loved wasn't getting the attention it deserved by the actors on that stage. The material itself is great. However, the actors acting the material acted like they didn't care.

Trekkie2
#20I Can't Believe This is...Worthy Of A Thread
Posted: 9/3/08 at 11:57pm

It's a good show. Good shows close. It had a long run, and most shows don't. Get over it kiddies.

And Drunk Chita Rivera, enjoy the night!

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#21I Can't Believe This is...Worthy Of A Thread
Posted: 9/4/08 at 12:00am

wonder why there's no Standing Room for the final show??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Trekkie2
#22I Can't Believe This is...Worthy Of A Thread
Posted: 9/4/08 at 12:03am

"wonder why there's no Standing Room for the final show??"
I would guess it has to do with the fact that they are filming it, and therefore need room for cameras.

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

galadriel_freak
#23I Can't Believe This is... Goodbye
Posted: 9/4/08 at 7:42am

I was going to post somewhere else, but it seems like anytime anyone mentioned RENT people pretty much brought their claws out...

but I'm not going to lie that, no matter what else comes along, RENT will always be my favorite. Not because it's the best show out there or anything, but because it brought me (a non theater person growing up) into theater and spoke to me as a young, shy teen when it came out. People can hate the show, the fans (some of which I agree are very scary) all they want, to each their own. I'm not angry, surprised, or even really sad that it's closing, who on earth would have thought it'd run this long, every show has to close. I'm overjoyed that I was lucky enough to get a ticket to sunday nights show way back when it was announced, so i can say... not goodbye... but thank you... to a show that means a lot to me.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#24I Can't Believe This is... Goodbye
Posted: 9/4/08 at 11:05am

"if it wasn't for Rent I don't know what I would be doing now."

doing drugs with Mimi.