News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SmokeyLady

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
Member Name: SmokeyLady
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 7 2024, 03:33:59 PM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "barcelona20 said: "I really don't understand Cabaret. Eddie Redmayne is that much of a draw despite the mostlynegative reviews?"

Word of mouth is not the same as critical acclaim (or lack thereof). The vast majority of people I know personally who have seen the production come out of it recommending it to others.
"

I don’t know who your people are .  But everyone I have talked to has been very mixe

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'  Apr 25 2024, 05:15:58 PM

There are production truck permit sheets in front of the Lunt Fontaine for next weekend. Are they filming? Is this being saved for posterity for the library or for PBS? I would love that. Would this be the first time with a replacement cast?

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadwa  Jan 20 2024, 04:15:05 PM

BETTY22 said: "The limited run so well in London but not great.

UK critics were much more mixed than US outlets.

St James is a big theatre.....
"

I don’t know what you’re talking about .  This was an absolute smash hit beyond anything they were expecting.  And the reviews were great  It will do extremely well in its transfer .   First time in a while where people were coming into London just to see the show.

Operation Mincemeat planning Broadway transfer.  Sep 24 2023, 03:19:51 PM

This show is the best time to be had at the theater in London right now.  Glad it has blossomed into such a hit.  And I think this will do very well on Broadway.  This is the must see if you travel to the West end right now.  

HERE LIES LOVE Reviews  Sep 22 2023, 01:55:19 PM

I saw last Sunday’s matinee.  I rushed one hour before curtain and we got great gallery seats .  The show was meh. But worth a rush ticket for..Also;I think what they did to the theater is an abomination.  Hopefully it gets restored.  That theater has tons of history for me.

TKTS seat locations shared  Aug 3 2023, 10:35:38 AM

A hot Goodnight Oscar Sounds like a fun night to me.  I am begging people to relax and not worry about it .  
Tuesday night had &Juliet , tkts time square .  Orchestra row S.  Lousy  seat.  Lousy show.

Lea Michele to Star as Fanny Brice in FUNNY GIRL starting 9/6  Jun 21 2023, 02:01:31 PM

Skip23 said: "

Funny...it seems like the Beanie fiasco never happened. Like...how could the Producers ever let her go on??

"

The whole thing needs to be a book or a movie or mini series or something. Everything from the miscasting to the alleged nepotism accusations to the infamous Sitzprobe to the crazy TikTokers. It should all be covered.  It’s part of Broadway history now .  

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/18/23  Jun 20 2023, 06:44:15 PM

alovingfan said: "DAME said: "I believe with Funny Girl .. the stars return from vacation helped.. but the Tony show performance also had a positive effect. Looking at what is available on SeatGeek.. I suspect the Lea performances available on TKTS might be winding down. That is not to say that there isn't good availability. So if you are wanting to see it with Lea at decent prices go now. Benko has other performances scheduled in addition to her Thursdays. So there are

TKTS. Lea Michele as Fanny TKTS  May 24 2023, 06:41:15 PM

Now that some Lea performances have been up at the booth;  can someone share where the seat locations have been ?  And what have the prices been?  Thank you.

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl- Vinyl  May 6 2023, 12:39:41 PM

The new double record vinyl release sounds stunning.  For those that have turntable with a legit set up it is totally worth it.  You will be playing the overture and star over and over again.

Seth Rudetsky's new book is FABULOUS  May 6 2023, 12:34:46 PM

It’s a hard pass from me.  

Broadway Channel part of Sirius XM Layoffs.  Mar 11 2023, 11:45:31 AM

As long as they keep Christine Pedi.I am fine.  I stopped listening to Seth a few years ago.  And Julie James doesn't let her guests get in a word edgewise.

Broadway's Kyle Dean Massey & Taylor Frey star in new gay Xmas movie on Lifetime  Dec 11 2022, 06:33:08 PM

They are a little much on social media.  Especially Taylor.  But Kyle is cute and I do like their business venture.  I don’t find them representative of anything .

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Nov 29 2022, 06:17:43 PM

Streisand is in New York this week.  And this might be a every day thing.. but there is paparazzi parked in front of the theater.

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl  Nov 29 2022, 06:13:46 PM

Rumpelstiltskin said: "For those of you who have seen Julie multiple times, do you believe that her acting choices have changed since Lea joined the cast? Many on this board have written that a standby’s acting choices and overall performance are based on the actor she covers, so I’m wondering if/how this standby has massaged her delivery to reflect a very different leading lady. Similarly, she has always been highly regarded on this board, but do you think she has pushed

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/27/22  Nov 29 2022, 03:36:43 PM

DAME said: "Does anyone know how they handled Lea's unscheduled absence? Do they refund people the difference between Lea ticket prices and Julie's? I would understand a understudy.. things happen. But I would be upset if I had paid $400.00 as opposed to the $90.00 that is typical for Julie Thursdays."

If you purchased directly from the show the box office will work with you.  Unfortunately most tourists don't know to ask.

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Oct 15 2022, 07:44:26 PM

Phillyguy said: "Finally saw Funny Girl. Lea was perfect in the role as expected. She was funny, vulnerable, and relatable. You feel her emotions throughout the show. The entire cast was amazing, Tovah had so much energy and was perfectly motherly. Ramin and Jared were both great as expected.

What surprised me based on all the reviews, was how quickly the entire show went by. It never felt slow and all the numbers just flowed naturally from one to the other. Even Act

We Love Tovah!  Oct 15 2022, 07:40:12 PM

Penna2 said: "Plannietink08 said: "SmokeyLady said: "Lea, Ramin, and Tovah would have all received Tony Noms for sure. "

Ramin was in the show from the start and didn’t receive a Tony nom.
"

Couple of reasons - the show was such a clunker initially, also, he was out with Covid when the Tony people were making the rounds. Still, the main reason was the original presentation. He got some of the best reviews at the time an

We Love Tovah!  Oct 15 2022, 04:43:13 PM

Lea, Ramin, and Tovah would have all received Tony Noms for sure.  

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Oct 14 2022, 02:12:31 AM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "We have now reached the stage of comparing Beanie's and Lea's celebrity popularity which is so utterly childish and silly (and speaks volumes about how so many here sadly view the world), but is also HILARIOUS since Lea Michele is literally FAMOUS for how unliked she is by her peers and coworkers. Which is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT TO HER TALENT or ability to play this role (just as Beanie's being so adored by so many Hollywood big names is irrelevant to

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You