News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for UnderTheHill

Member Name: UnderTheHill
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

TORCH SONG (2018) Previews
 Oct 11 2018, 06:43:02 PM

They were handing them out from buckets at the doors when exiting.

Oct 10 2018, 08:51:28 PM

We got two buttons when leaving, one is Torch Bearer and the other is #TheTorchIsLit.  They also gave out "Love, Respect. Vote." stickers at the ticket window.

Oct 10 2018, 07:32:17 PM

I also have to concur, the show was fantastic, the entire cast was great, but especially Michael Urie who should be a lock for a Tony nomination, especially since he is on the stage during the entire performance.  We were 3rd row mezz via TDF and my other half couldn't stop laughing, he has a very distinctive laugh so everyone would have heard him. lol

This is definitely a must see.  Seeing Boys in the Band, then this, it has been a great year for play revivals.
<

Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
 Jun 7 2012, 05:03:49 PM
He's signed on to play Steve Wozniak in a movie about Steve Jobs, with Ashton Kutcher playing Steve Jobs.

What Tony Award Wins Made You the Happiest?
 Jun 3 2012, 12:13:58 AM
Greg Jbara IS extremely nice. He gave us a tour of the theatre after his performance of Billy Elliott, then went out to dinner with his wife and two kids between matinee and evening performances. Funny thing, while walking to the restaurant, we bumped into his ex-wife, Rebecca Luker, her husband Danny Burstein, and their two kids.

We saw him again during a friend's wedding and chatted for a while.

What Celebrities Have You Seen at Shows?
 Jun 3 2012, 12:08:05 AM
Most recently Joe Torre at Jesus Christ Superstar.
Lily Tomlin at The Divine Sister (who was super nice, and we danced with her leaving the theatre).
Barbara Walters, Michael Musto and Carson Kressley at Chita Rivera: A Dancer's Life.
Philip Seymour Hoffman, David Hyde Pierce at various off-Broadways shows at 59e59, Vineyard, etc...

What Tony Award Wins Made You the Happiest?
 May 21 2012, 10:30:15 PM
Michelle Pawk, 2003 Featured Actress in a Play for Hollywood Arms.
re: Wishful Drinking Stage door
 Sep 29 2009, 02:03:07 PM
From Saturday's matinee:

re: Dreamgirls Apollo Discount?
 Aug 21 2009, 01:13:49 PM

re: Charles Busch 'The Third Story'
 Feb 19 2009, 05:12:49 PM
Just got a call from the box office that both tonight and Friday night's performances (which I had tix to) have been cancelled. Anyone know why?

re: Jackie Hoffman Dates Announced for Joe's Pub
 Dec 23 2008, 02:17:09 PM
So who went? I was there for the 12/15 7:30pm performance and it was great, especially her bit on Gypsy.

re: Anyone witness any mishaps on stage?
 Oct 9 2008, 04:34:51 PM
At Mary Poppins, there was a set malfuntion during one of the numbers, I believe it was the one in the park, where one of the large pieces hit one of the dancers at the end of the number, you could see the the set piece bounce and shake, then resumed going off-stage. They stopped the show for about 15 minutes, then resumed.

Also, during a performance of A Christmas Carol at MSG, a friend of mine performing fell in the background while running around back and forth on the stage while

re: Your Worst Musical Ideas
 Oct 9 2008, 01:38:37 PM
From Justin To Kelly: The Musical, just cause there isn't enough American Idols on Broaday...
re: Brantley's take on Wig Out! He likes it!
 Oct 3 2008, 11:55:48 AM
I saw Wig Out two weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's very much like Paris Is Burning, but really shows all that goes on inside a "house" when preparing for an event.

We sat at the end of the runway, which was great.

re: FINAL XANADU Pictures (56k Modem WARNING) MANY Pictures!
 Sep 29 2008, 10:55:25 AM
Last photos:

Sep 29 2008, 10:53:41 AM
Signing autographs:

Sep 29 2008, 10:52:07 AM
Pictures from the stage, kept the flash off so it wouldn't disturb the performance:

Not fair not fair not fair!
 Sep 23 2008, 03:44:59 PM
This officially made my week a whole lot busier, was going to see Xanadu on Oct 3rd, now seeing it this Sunday, plus seeing Wicked on Wednesday night and To Be Or Not To Be on Saturday afternoon.

re: Xanadu to Rollerskate Off Broadway on Oct 12th
 Sep 20 2008, 09:58:15 AM
Yesterday night at Xanadu:

Mary Testa, "why across the street at Equus, Harry Potter has yet to reveal his magic wand."

Tony Roberts broke character.

Going back on stage for Oct 3rd, was going to get tix for Oct 12, but forgot will be out of town that weekend.

re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
 Sep 20 2008, 09:57:52 AM
Cross post:

Yesterday night at Xanadu:

Mary Testa, "why across the street at Equus, Harry Potter has yet to reveal his magic wand."

Tony Roberts broke character.

Going back on stage for Oct 3rd, was going to get tix for Oct 12, but forgot will be out of town that weekend.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You