iabwayfan Profile Photo
iabwayfan
#2Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 1:21am

A well earned break. Congrats!

PlayItAgain
#2Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 1:23am

I am very happy for him, just curious when his last show is....

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 1:49am

I don't think it's just a "break" unless 1600 Penn crashes and burns and he has no other irons in the fire.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

IGotLife2
#4Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 2:01am

thank god he confirmed!

For a moment I thought he was gonna turn down the status and money on the pilot he fought so hard to be a part of!

PlayItAgain
#5Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 2:40am

^Unnecessary snark much?

LizzieCurry
#6Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 2:42am

Necessary. Come on. Logic, guys.

Did you really think when Josh and Andrew signed on for another year after getting substantial bites on TV work that they'd STAY that entire year? (I didn't!)

PlayItAgain
#7Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 2:46am

you never know, there have been plenty of folks who did broadway and shot television shows at the same time.....

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#8Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 4:17am

Apparently, Max Adler [Dave Karofsky on Glee] auditioned for the role of Elder Cunningham.

https://twitter.com/#!/MrMaxAdler/status/199972972650430465

Here's a video of him singing New York, New York from awhile back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHN_9Mfl4L8

He's got a nice voice, and I think it'd be nice to see him play something different than the character he's played on the show.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 5/12/12 at 04:17 AM

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#9Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 6:30am

Sorry, there is no way that Max Adler is Elder Cunningham let alone Broadway material. *shrugs* I personally just don't see the big deal about that guy.

Whoever says money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop. - Bo Derek

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#10Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 6:54am

Plenty? Not these days. It's kind of hard to do both since so very few shoot in NY. Additionally, It's easier when the tv show is established and down to a routine -- work days get much shorter than in the begining -- and when you are a running show, the actor's can demand more. (or of course, if you are a name already)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dexter3
#11Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 9:39am

In regards to Max Adler, it's really weird and unprofessional to announce on twitter (or anywhere publicly, really) that you're auditioning for someone's role, but especially to TAG THEM IN THE POST? I had to look up who he was, but I can tell you that odd behavior like that ain't gonna help him get the job. Reeks of unprofessionalism.

dramamama611
#12Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 9:49am

maybe Josh Gad is a friend of his, and this has been a thing between them. Maybe Josh even pushed him TO audition.

The only way it's unprofessional, would have been if Gad hadn't announced he's leaving.

It's an audition.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#13Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 9:52am

Perhaps Gad doesn't know exactly when his last day is yet, and that's why nothing was announced on his twitter. I'm sure there will be an official announcement in a few days.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

dexter3
#14Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 10:01am

I'm not saying it's unprofessional because he may be possibly replacing someone, it's because you don't tweet about auditions, particularly for a lead role at the broadway level. For any lead role on broadway, they are auditioning hundreds of people, so chances are, you aren't going to get it. It's weird to tweet about an that kind of audition because most likely he didn't get it, and it just doesn't reflect well on him.

Can you think of any other broadway professional that tweets about their auditions for lead roles on broadway?

He probably just got the audition because he was on GLEE.

dramamama611
#15Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 10:07am

I don't actually disagree with your statements, I just don't think it alter whether or not he gets the part.

(Chances are, he may have been ASKED to audition.)

And yes, I know other actors that have tweeted about auditions --albeit not with as much detaiil -- again which could show a connection BETWEEN the two actors.

LizzieCurry
#16Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 12:38pm

I'm pretty sure there has been no open call to replace Rannells and Gad, so I think you're right that he was asked to audition. Still, I don't really like that he tweeted about it (and not just because of what I found when I had to google him; I had no idea who he was!).

dramamama611
#17Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 2:16pm

Nor did I. Is he a Glee regular?

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#18Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 2:21pm

No, he is not - he's recurring.

From the exchange between them on Twitter, they seem to be sort of acquainted (Gad and Adler).

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

ChildrenwillListen
#19Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 3:03pm

Maybe now it will finally close

dramamama611
#20Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 3:16pm

Book of Mormon? Finally? It's barely been a year. Why would you wish it to close?

Ejm105989 Profile Photo
Ejm105989
#21Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 3:37pm

BOM isn't going anywhere. People will see it w/ or w/o Josh and Andrew.

Gaveston2
#22Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 3:46pm

Honestly, I always thought that actors prefer to keep quiet about auditions (a) out of superstition, and (b) because it's embarrassing to later admit you didn't get the part.

I've never heard it is "unprofessional" to mention an audition. I don't see why it would be unless you are auditioning to replace someone who is about to be fired (i.e., for a Jerome Robbins show).

With stars, publicists regularly announce their clients are up for such-and-such a role. Sometimes it's true; sometimes it's a ploy to bring the client to the producer's attention; sometimes it's just an excuse to get their client's name in the paper. Later the p.r. rep can always issue another release giving some reason why the client is going to do something else or "stay home and make time for family".

As with any job interview, whether you talk about it is up to you.

willep
#23Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 3:52pm

I know they had some auditions this week, know someone who went in for Cunningham. I believe it was listed as an audition for replacements for all three productions (Bway, tour, and Chicago), although it seems a bit early to be auditioning for tour and Chicago replacements. I don't know.

JohnyBroadway
#24Josh Gad confirms he is leaving The Book Of Mormon
Posted: 5/12/12 at 4:17pm

I don't see a problem, unless the producers asked him to keep it on the down low . Which we do not know.