pixeltracker

Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th

Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#1Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:49pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=32947

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#2re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:50pm

Sh*t. Times are tough, y'all.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#3re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:52pm

I have to say, I'm shocked...

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#4re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:54pm

Why????????????

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#5re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:55pm

"The producers released a statement saying that the decision to close the show early was made to avoid losses in the current economic climate."

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#6re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:58pm

Its a business and its a business half of you shouldn't go into if this is your attitude to it!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

WonderRobbie Profile Photo
WonderRobbie
#7re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 1:58pm

I am beyond right now...

PS: none of the people that work at the Helen Hayes know... well I guess NOW they do.
I can't.
I just can't.

WR: "Jeff, are you going get this game when it comes out?" JB: "I wouldn't be able to write another musical..." ~NY ComicCon 2/8/09

[believe]

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#8re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:00pm

Sad. I feel bad for the people who made travel arrangements for October 12. Getting their money back from telecharge will be the easy part. Refunding hotels/flights will be a horse of a different color.

I got tickets for Saturday night. As I said in the now-deleted thread it's more important that my little sister get to see it on stage than be there for the closing.

The only problem is that I'm going to see College at 1pm. I have to get back to NJ after that to get her and then head back up to the city. Fun times.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

BNN
#9re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:00pm

Well this has completely ruined my day, I only hope I can get tickets refunded and I send my best to the wonderful cast of Xanadu!

Tick Tock

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#10re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:07pm

This is crazy... and just so wrong re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)
Updated On: 9/24/08 at 02:07 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#11re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:07pm

Its a business and its a business half of you shouldn't go into if this is your attitude to it!

What attitude is that? What are you talking about?

PS - Here are your missing apostophes: ' '

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 9/23/08 at 02:07 PM

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#12re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:08pm

how is it possible that Kerry won't play the last performance? that seems strange. I'm sure she'll be there.

BNN
#13re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:08pm

Kerry won't be at the performance? This whole thing strikes me as bizarre.

Tick Tock

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#14re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:10pm

Kerry could be out for a special reason, if she had a prior engagement. I'm sure this knocked everyone off their rockers at the Hayes!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#15re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:11pm

Now I hear she def won't be there Sat night. She might be back in time for Sunday's last show... who knows. It's all so sudden and crazy and sad re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#16re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th

I agree to a certain extent, WB2.

There's nothing wrong with the mezz in that theatre. So, it's not your normal onstage, first 5 row seats. Big freakin' deal. If the show meant so much to you, you wouldn't care where your seat was. Only that you were there.

I guess they should've reserved a block of seats for the real fans.

Any why would you not get a refund BNN? If your tickets are for a date after Sunday, they HAVE to refund it.

You people crack me up.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

Updated On: 9/23/08 at 02:11 PM

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#17re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th

This is where Kerry is scheduled to be, but I bet she'll stay.
link

koolaid mustache Profile Photo
koolaid mustache
#18re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:13pm

ruined my day

I have my flights booked, my hotel paid for...even my signature changed...I still have a lot to look forward to I guess, sad, sad day

25 shows in 14 days folks, anything is possible!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#19re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:13pm

"I refuse to buy another ticket in row O or the mezzanine for Sunday... last performance or not"

I felt the same way - especially if I was going to bring my sister who hasn't seen it before. I don't want her first and last time to be in partial view seat. I found some full price row P center seats online but when I tried to use the discount code they became partial view seats. With ticketmaster you can call and ask for a center seat and then give them the code but with telecharge if you call you give them the code first and they only offer icky seats.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#20re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:16pm

This just in- Xanadu officially closed two weeks ago!

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#21re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:17pm

"Its a business and its a business half of you shouldn't go into if this is your attitude to it!"

WTF!

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#22re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:17pm

I've never had that experience with Telecharge. I have more issues with Ticketmaster

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

landryjames2
#23re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:18pm

It's not that I am upset that there is no stage seating left; I just find it odd. I found out the show was closing over two hours ago now, ran down to the box office and stage seating was already gone (which wouldn't be too unusual if stage seating was usually sold out on weekends except that there is stage seating for Saturday's performances).

Well, whatever. I got two seats in Center Mezz. I am sad the show is closing, and really hope that Kerry will be present as she really is so genius in the role.

landryjames2
#24re: Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th
Posted: 9/23/08 at 2:19pm

Kad--that was actually really funny!

Videos