News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mememe

Member Name: mememe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Biggest differences between OOT tryouts and Broadway  Jul 17 2023, 08:28:12 AM

The footage of the original KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN is fascinating! 

The try-out was specifically not supposed to be reviewed, and yet the press turned up and pretty much tore it to pieces. That absolutely could have tanked the show’s future but luckily they retooled the whole thing (boy did they ever) 

I believe one reviewer actually wrote something along the lines of ‘This might work with a star like Chita Rivera’ 

They also

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Jul 17 2023, 08:00:12 AM

bwayphreak234 said: "Man, this production of Funny Girl has really botched it with casting and/or casting announcements in some way... First we had Feldstein who proved she couldn't vocally handle the role from the second that first rehearsal clip was released. Then we had her "departure" and Michele's casting announcement, both which were pretty poorly handled... and now this...

They're on track to close in the black on Broadway (I think, an

CAMELOT to close in July  Jul 16 2023, 05:51:45 PM

denali.fire said: "Dollypop said: "If this production WAS set on the Middle Ages, how could Morgan call herself a "scientist"? That term didn't enter the lexicon until the 1800's."

Poetic license .
"

Poetic license exactly. 

Same way he meets Thomas Malory.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Jul 15 2023, 04:05:19 AM

Plannietink08 said: "
Glinda’s mother is a British Elphaba

She’s played by Alice Fearn.
"

Bingo

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Jul 14 2023, 01:58:59 PM

Plannietink08 said: "Theatrefan2 said: "Someone on theatreboard has been on set and written a report in the Wicked thread in the films sections

https://theatreboard.co.uk/thread/9796/wicked-movie?page=33
"

That person claims to have inside knowledge yet has never given a serious piece of information and only seems to pop up to shoot down any insinuation that Dorothy is appearing in the film. Take what they say with a grain of salt.
"

Indeed, several things they say go directly against what I know 

One thing coming from anyone involved I’ve spoken to, is they are taking a lot of material from the book and trying to lean into the darker tones.

People have been saying that working on the movie, it feels like it’s a mess tonally BUT that the bits that feel as though they are working, are truly special. Obviously the hope is that everything works out in the edit. But literally anyone I know working on the movie has said that parts of are really, really special and that there is an enormous amount of care being taken. 

Orchestration is a big question. There has been experimentation to bury some of the more bubble gum 2000s pop music feel, to make things more sweeping and cinematic to line up with the darker tonal shifts (which makes sense as that score is pretty campy) so we might end up with something like one of the old school movie musicals in which the soundtrack really stands apart from the cast recording, over some of the more straight adaptions of recent years. 

Glinda’s mother is a British Elphaba 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Jul 13 2023, 04:10:03 PM

WldKingdomHM said: "What is this feud going on? They should be happy they created this show together. This movie can’t come soon enough. Can’t wait"

That’s a totally false rumour. They have been working together just fine 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Jul 13 2023, 04:01:25 PM

Theatrefan2 said: "Someone on theatreboard has been on set and written a report in the Wicked thread in the films sections

https://theatreboard.co.uk/thread/9796/wicked-movie?page=33
"

The report that Idina and Cheno, had to be scheduled separately is untrue. They were rehearsing together, with nobody but the principal creatives 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Jul 13 2023, 03:29:31 PM

BwayLB said: "I won’t believe Idina is in it until I see for myself"

Both Menzel & Cheno have been rehearsing in the UK.

They cameo together, and the plan is that they appear several times. This could obviously all end up on the floor of the edit room but…

Ball to star in ALW’s new reimagined ASPECTS OF LOVE  Jun 30 2023, 01:47:09 PM

imeldasturn said: "mememe said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "mememe said: "You really don’t understand why the assigned that song to the original star and thought it was unnecessary? Really?"

I did research on the show and the song was originally written for the character Alex, a role that Michael Ball created originally. Obviously, he’s far too old for that role and instead plays the older character of George. Yes, it was nice to s

Ball to star in ALW’s new reimagined ASPECTS OF LOVE  Jun 30 2023, 12:29:46 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "mememe said: "You really don’t understand why the assigned that song to the original star and thought it was unnecessary? Really?"

I did research on the show and the song was originally written for the character Alex, a role that Michael Ball created originally. Obviously, he’s far too old for that role and instead plays the older character of George. Yes, it was nice to see Michael Ball sing that iconic song, but I felt i

Ball to star in ALW’s new reimagined ASPECTS OF LOVE  Jun 30 2023, 11:03:18 AM

Dylan Smith4 said: "Saw the show last night, here are my thoughts.

★★☆☆☆

You would think that it would be really cool to see an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical in London’s West End. I’m sure that’s true, but certainly not with this musical, Aspects of Love. I haven’t really heard of this musical before and now I can clearly see why. From the moment the curtain goes up, we are transported to a setting of a dull and confusing storyline. I swear

"Kiss Me, Kate" questions from a college student  Jun 9 2023, 04:02:48 AM

Fan123 said: "https://www.americantheatre.org/2018/12/14/the-taming-of-kiss-me-kate/"

I was about to post this article! 

The story of the Bella Spewack and her involvement is fascinating. That’s a musical in itself! 

re: Last note of 'Phantom of the Opera'  May 31 2023, 08:07:26 PM

Tag said: "Sometime in the last few years didn't they cut Christine & Phantom going down the stairs into the floor, and added Giry & the ballet girls crossing to cover time so that the doubles weren't needed? ...Just something else they changed to sh*t on Prince's legacy."

Well, to be fair it’s Gillian Lynne’s work in this instance but yes.

Nathan Lane Breaks Down His Broadway Career: Playbill.com  Apr 27 2023, 07:08:56 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "

This is rough but so much Addams. I wish they had refined this and kept this vision 

"

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 24 2023, 05:15:58 AM

TheatreMonkey said: "sng said: "few thoughts.

The choreography for NOMTW looks so outta place and ridiculous. This is not Hamilton, why are they incorporating breakdancing into Wicked?

And doesn't the song take place in Emerald City and not Munchkin Land? The set looks like Munchkin land but the dancers look normal size.
"

To your last point, in the source material -- "Wicked", not "The Wizard of Oz" -- the Mu

Most Elaborate/Technically Advanced Scenic Designs  Apr 20 2023, 05:23:01 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "David Zinn's scenic design for Spongebob was next-level:

"

Beautiful but not necessarily elaborate, and certainly not technically complex 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 18 2023, 09:59:44 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "mememe said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Miserent said: "Up-close set photo of Ariana as Glinda"

We’ve all seen and discussed these like 12 hours ago. cheeky
"

Nope. Different photos smarty
"

The 2 official photos Jon M. Chu released, the overhead set photos, plus these 2 of Ariana have been discussed (and dissected) for several hours.
"

Ooh! A few more have popped too. A few different shots of the pink dress, more of Munchkin Country including shots of a giant propaganda poster of Elphaba 

Also, a grainy aerial clip of Grande in a white dress (also looks as though she holding the Grimmirie again) 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 18 2023, 09:57:08 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "mememe said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Miserent said: "Up-close set photo of Ariana as Glinda"

"

"

The 2 official photos Jon M. Chu released, the overhead set photos, plus these 2 of Ariana have been discussed (and dissected) for several hours.
"

Not that I can see in this thread but sure 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 18 2023, 05:40:59 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Miserent said: "Up-close set photo of Ariana as Glinda"

"

Sorkin and Sher to revive CAMELOT for Broadway  Apr 3 2023, 01:04:55 PM

quizking101 said: "Having not read the whole thread, does it not bother anyone else that Trensch is a year OLDER than Burnap and is somehow playing his teenaged son?"

Why on earth does that bother you?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You