News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JEK216

JEK216 Profile Photo
Member Name: JEK216
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A Fond Farewell To SPAMALOT!
 Jan 11 2009, 10:06:37 PM
Was anyone here, at the final show tonight? Details please.
re: The Bears are Here (Year 2)
 Dec 30 2008, 05:52:30 PM
Not CW, but here's your answer.

Gilliane - "Diva, the Clay fan who won it donated it to Clay's foundation, where it was auctioned off again at their annual gala last month."

I believe the BAF gala was on Oct. 18th, just after Clay came out. The Spamalot bear went for $31,000. I also read that the person who donated it, won it back the second time. His foundation did substantualy better this year than last year.

SueleenGay -"Last year Clay was straight and the buyer st

Clay Aiken to Receive His Caricature At Sardi's
 Dec 24 2008, 12:05:03 AM
I vote for TheatreDiva for Claymate Of The Year!!! Not only does he come a runnin' every time Clay Aiken's name appears in a thread title. He pitches a tent and Bogarts the entire thread. He has even been known to start random Clay threads on BWW, just because. Now that's dedication for ya. Rock on Diva!
re: Clay Aiken to Receive His Caricature At Sardi's
 Dec 23 2008, 09:20:17 AM
"Donnie and Marie Osmond?"

Do you honestly think they don't deserve it??? What more do they have to do, in the entertainment business, to earn it???

re: Clay Aiken to Receive His Caricature At Sardi's
 Dec 23 2008, 02:22:59 AM
Congrats to Clay. He must be thrilled.
I find all these petty little comments very amusing.
Apparently, the management of Sardi's thinks him worthy of a caricature, on their wall. Really, their opinion is the only one that counts, in this instance.

re: 'There will b no more'
 Nov 29 2008, 02:48:23 PM
"I would call it a grimace."

Naw, a grimace is a big purple harry blob-like creature who's pals with Ronald McDonald. He makes me smile. :)

Rosie sneers when she smiles. There is no joy or genuine warmth in her eyes. She makes me frown.

re: ROSIE Live!
 Nov 26 2008, 10:20:26 PM
That was a monumental waste of time. Rosie has no singing, acting, dancing, or hosting talent. The writing was horrible. I don't think giving her a bigger budget would help much. Class is something that can't be bought. The woman is tacky and so was her show. Hated it.
re: ROSIE VARIETY SHOW! FULL REVIEW
 Nov 26 2008, 10:08:33 PM
My full review? Rosie is completely untalented. The show was tacky, and a huge disappointment. The end.
re: Broadway This or That
 Nov 23 2008, 02:03:56 AM
1. Plays or Musicals? - MUSICALS
2. Rodgers and Hammerstein or Rodgers and Hart? - RODGERS & HAMMERSTEIN
3. LaChiusa Wild Party or Lippa Wild Party? - N/A
4. Ethel Merman or Patti LuPone? - PATTI LUPONE
5. Andrew Lloyd Webber or Frank Wildhorn? - ALW
6. August: Osage County or Angels in America? - AUGUST
7. Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire? - BOTH
8. Judy Garland or Liza Minnelli? - JUDY GARLAND
9. Ben Brantley or Charles Isherwood? - N/A
10. Ken Mandelbaum o

re: Macy's Parade - Mary Poppins, Grease, and Clay Aiken
 Nov 22 2008, 03:15:45 AM
Fantastic! I can't wait!!!
re: Leachman ???
 Nov 20 2008, 12:01:18 AM
Igloos are cool!
re: Spamalot Sat 11/15/08
 Nov 18 2008, 12:31:36 AM
Cool, I envy you! It sounds wonderful!
re: Spamalot this Sunday, is Clay there?
 Oct 24 2008, 12:38:52 AM
Tonight Tom Deckmen, Rick Holmes, and Matthew Crowle were out. Also, the LOTL was played by Jenny Hill. Clay made it through the first act, with an aircast on his right ankle. He was replaced by Mica Duncan, in the second act.
re: Spamalot closing January 18
 Oct 18 2008, 03:05:04 PM
Sorry to hear Spam is closing. I would have loved to have seen it. Some of the Clay fans on here, should really just try to lighten up. Spamalot's closing is not about Clay. It's a show that has had a great 3 year run. It's time has come, to close. I'm sure Clay is very thankful for the experience of working with all the amazingly talented people involved in this show. I'm glad he got that chance. Best wishes to all involved.
re: Best Stage Door Experiences
 Oct 8 2008, 12:52:36 AM
Most definitely Spring Awakening on May 18 - people dangling from the scaffolding across the street just to get a glimpse of the stagedoor, constant screaming, no room to breathe. Absolute insanity, and I loved every minute of it.

You better watch out. Some here will tell you that kind of OTT, out of control, crazy behavior is wrong, wrong, wrong. The stagedoor is a place for decorum at all times. Actors HATE that kind of scene. They all just want to go home after a hard day's work. You

re: Clay Aiken's Blog
 Oct 4 2008, 02:37:54 PM
synecdoche - As much as I love Clay (and I do), I think this thread should have been started on the off-topic board, on this site. This is not about Broadway (even though Clay happens to be in a Broadway show at the moment). I also would not characterize him as a member of the Broadway community. Not just yet. I see him as a TV personality/Singer/Entertainer, who is currently in a Broadway musical. But that's just my mileage. Just a question, why did you BOLD certain paragraphs in the blog? Clay
re: Theatre People Who Have Crossed Over To Pop Music?
 Sep 30 2008, 10:29:42 PM
Thanks for the answers. Meat Loaf? Really?
Theatre People Who Have Crossed Over To Pop Music?
 Sep 30 2008, 03:16:01 PM
Hi there! Thought I'd give this a try. I know many recording artists / pop music stars have crossed over to do Broadway. Has there been, say within the last 20 years, anyone who came from Broadway that has had a "hit" on the pop charts? I know way back when ('50's, 60's), there were some huge Broadway stars with radio hits. I remember Richard Harris's "McArther Park". I can't think of any more at the moment. I know there were others. Are there any recent examples? If not, why not? What do you th
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 9/28
 Sep 30 2008, 01:10:10 PM
BOO!!! Sorry, couldn't resist.
You mean all those homophobic soccer moms and grandma are still there supporting a gay man? Well what do you know about that!

re: Best cast recording of Joseph...?
 Sep 28 2008, 11:37:29 PM
I'm partial to the Canadian cast recording with Donny Osmond. I saw that production, when it came to Chicago.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You