Spamalot Sat 11/15/08

beacon1
#1Spamalot Sat 11/15/08
Posted: 11/17/08 at 11:27pm

I had the pleasure of seeing "Spamalot" during my trip to NYC this past weekend. What a fun show. I am a Monty Python fan and, remember "The Holy Grail" playing endlessly on HBO when we first got cable. My siblings and friends could practically recite the entire film.

The tried and true jokes were wonderful. Even when I knew what would be said/done in certain parts, the humor rang true and my laughter was genuine. "Bring out yer dead!" "Bring us a shrubbery". "The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch"...

The sections with new/different elements were perfectly Pythonesque and won me over immediately.

The cast was fabulous--the actor playing Prince Herbert was just phenomenal! And, when the friar skipped in place, I lost it. A simple joke but it grabbed me.

Merle Dandridge (The Lady of the Lake). That woman is amazing. She can really bring down the house.

It was a last-minute decision to see the show (it was rainy and budget was too tight for shopping) and worth every penny. So glad I had the chance to see it.

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

JEK216 Profile Photo
JEK216
#2re: Spamalot Sat 11/15/08
Posted: 11/18/08 at 12:31am

Cool, I envy you! It sounds wonderful!

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." G. Marx

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#2re: Spamalot Sat 11/15/08
Posted: 11/18/08 at 2:44am

Did you see Tom Deckman as Prince Herbert? If so, he is absolutely hilarious, and cute. :) Good choice for a show, it's one of my favorites.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#3re: Spamalot Sat 11/15/08
Posted: 11/18/08 at 6:49am

Merle Dandridge is absolutely phenomenal as the Lady of the Lake. She was brilliant at her first performance. I can only imagine how good she is now.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#4re: Spamalot Sat 11/15/08
Posted: 11/18/08 at 8:15am

Yay for spreading the Merle love!

::bust a move::

Videos