News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for orbops

Member Name: orbops
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Apple TV+ Series SCHMIGADOON! - News & Discussion Thread  Sep 18 2021, 02:37:08 PM

NameGreg said: "Also, I don’t know if others thought so, but I really disliked that Do Re Mi parody. The other parodies are still different enough musically from the original numbers, but this was pretty much just the same exact music and the only joke was just putting risqué words into a famous song."

Risqué words??? I thought the song was hilarious. I think that song provided more information than all the sex education class they taught guys

Cinderella 2021 - Amazon Prime  Sep 8 2021, 11:56:10 PM

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this adaption of Cinderella. Ignore the bad reviews, this adaptation of Cinderella is an entertaining jukebox musical. The story is still Cinderella, but feels fresh with it's music, choreography and dance numbers. Obviously you can't compare it to the Rodgers and Hammerstein verison, but would any young people even want to see the original version when they're used to the new musicals like Hamilton or In The Heights? It's refreshing that music

COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release  Sep 8 2021, 11:47:32 PM

Fosse76 said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "“ Yes, $5/month isn't much, but if it's the only content on the service that you are interested in, paying $60/year isn't a bargain, especially when I can watch a Blu-Ray for years for only $20-30 total.”

You can literally cancel once you watch it and only pay the $5. It really ain’t difficult.
"

Are you really that stupid? What if it two months I want to watch it again? I

Stand! Canadian movie Fantom event  Nov 23 2020, 06:57:12 PM

I just received an email for Stand! Movie Musical through Fantom events opening on Dec 1st. I read that it originally debuted in Canada on Nov 29, 2019. Has anyone seen it?

Mulan  Sep 5 2020, 01:07:08 AM

$29.99 for just my wife and I is too much, since we normally go to a matinee. Just found out that it's not a musical and that was very disappointing. We can wait a few months, and it will be on Redbox.

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  Jun 22 2020, 01:11:20 AM

brdway411 said, "Disney cancels 7 day  Disney plus cancels 7 day free trial ahead of Hamilton release on July 3rd."

Living in Portland, scalpers emailed me wanting $350-$1050 for front balcony seats to see the touring company in 2021. Disney+ wants $6.99 for one month. I think it's a no brainer - besides, I already used their free month to watch Encore, The Mandalorian and High School Musical: The Series.

Avenue Q Character Dead @ 42  May 28 2010, 03:02:10 PM
I would think Avenue Q needs to take a few days off and determine how to write his character out. That joke is definitely not going to be funny any longer.
re: Legally Blonde - Saw Lauren Zakrin's Last Performance  Sep 28 2009, 11:03:30 PM
Looks like her latest twitter said, "This time tomorrow, I will be on a plane home..... Mom and Dad, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!8:46 AM Sep 27th from web"
Legally Blonde - Saw Lauren Zakrin's Last Performance  Sep 28 2009, 12:14:44 AM
Went to the Sunday matinee in Tempe, AZ and got to see Lauren's final performance. Don't know if it's standard, but for the matinee, the understudies for the roles of Elle Woods, Emmett Forrest, Brooke Wyndham, Fforzheimer, and then two other roles were also announced before the curtain came up (seems like a lot of understudies - normally when we see a show on the Sunday matinee it's usually just the lead).

Overall, Lauren did a nice job as Elle. Her singing was strong, though she did s

re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?  Sep 19 2008, 12:56:58 AM
Saw this promo on the wpri website. Is anyone planning on taping it?

Looks like Rhode Island's going Blonde... Legally Blonde that is!
The hit Broadway musical kicks off its national tour - right here in Providence.
Before the curtain rises, Eyewitness News anchor Karen Adams takes you behind the scenes. Meet the cast and see what it takes to put on a mega musical road show.

Legally Blonde the Musical:
The PPAC Premiere!
Saturday Sept. 20th at 7:30pm on WPRI 12

re: Billy Elliot Seating Question  Aug 24 2008, 11:06:30 PM
I saw it in London, and was in the 3rd level (Grand Circle) near the front. I would also agree, sit in front mezzanine so you can see the whole stage.
re: BILLY ELLIOT Marquee  May 29 2008, 12:55:32 AM
After seeing Billy Elliot on May 5th in London, I really hope that they don't Americanize it. I still remember how weak The Full Monty was after being Americanized.

The show was wonderful, and it provides a decent history lesson of the coalminers strike in the 80s.

Here's a picture of the full theatre...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You