pixeltracker

Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?

Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#1Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 5:49am

I just found out via looking online that the college that my town is in (New London CT) is a cheap hour train ride to Providence where the Legally Blonde tour is going to start. Should I go see the tour? I am a little theatre hungry so I am tempted to go. But, what do you think?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

bwaybri2
#2re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 7:26am

I only regret those things I don't do . . .

so yes - GO!

and tell us how it works with no tracking -

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
donnak Profile Photo
donnak
#3re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 7:59am

You should go! The Amtrak station in Providence is about a 10-15 minute walk to PPAC, or there are always cabs available at the station if you don't want to walk. Downtown Providence has undergone a wonderful revival the last few years and is a very safe place to walk around the downtown area. The train station is right across the street from the Providence Place Mall, which has some really nice restaurants if you want to get something to eat. We are going to see LB on the Saturday night - my D is coming in from school (in NY) for the weekend just to be able to see the tour. She got me the ticket as a Mother's Day present. I've seen the NY production once, and I think she has seen it about 5-6 times - LOL! Enjoy the show (the cast and crew has been in town now for about a week or so and staying at one of the hotels downtown. We are looking forward to seeing the new cast.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#4re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 10:03am

Absolutely! Go and enjoy yourself!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#5re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 10:16am

Anytime one has the chance to see Becky Gulsvig's Elle one should go.

regnad kcin Profile Photo
regnad kcin
#6re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 10:43am

The show isn't perfect, but there's something beautiful about pure fun with a heart. I think it's like theatrical comfort food :) I've only ever seen the MTV airing, but I think Legally Blonde is just joyous. A sidenote - the "Margot" is Rhiannon from the reality show, and she will probably be perfection.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#7re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 12:09pm

If I have the money I am going to go. It is only twenty bucks on way on the train from where I am and it is only an hour train ride.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#8re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 12:11pm

Then if you've already made up your mind, why are you asking the board's posters for their opinions?

Just go.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#9re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 12:17pm

Maybe TDH that by reading the thoughts on this forum it has helped me to make a choice?

killertofu333
#10re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 2:22pm

^^^^^ HAHAHA!!!

Winston have a good time.

"I have the prettiest mother..."--Rhoda Penmark~~~ The Bad Seed

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#11re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 3:55pm

As a native of Providence, please PLEASE come see the show. And while you're at it, see the sights. Buy dinner at a restaurant. Stay at a hotel. HELP OUR STATE'S GODDAMN ECONOMY PLEASE!

(steps off soapbox)

Thank you.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

defyinggravity42694 Profile Photo
defyinggravity42694
#12re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 4:08pm

Becky Gulsvig is Elle.
GO!

Goodbye

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#13re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 4:30pm

gvendo2005, I am a college student. I can't really afford to stay in a hotel or anything like that. I would just go see the show and if I can before I catch my train back to New London CT, stage door.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#14re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 5:46pm

"Then if you've already made up your mind, why are you asking the board's posters for their opinions?

Just go."

I find myself agreeing with TDH a lot lately (although his comments about 13 confused me? I thought he said he had kids and I'm guessing you wouldnt have kids in school at 18? Who knows. IDC)

Winston you always post stupid things like this like for Les Mis Philly. Just go if you want to go. It's pretty apparent that you listed you know hwo to get there/have the funds, so do it.

And besides you'll be seeing COLEEN SEXTON. One of my all-time, if not my all-time favourite Broadway (LOL one year) performers!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#15re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 6:15pm

I taped the MTV airing and it has become a guilty pleasure. I have it on a lot at home. it is one of the most fun musicals I have seen. Can't wait to see it live. I say go.

Just give the world Love.

BroadwayMelody Profile Photo
BroadwayMelody
#16re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 7:17pm

If you got tickets to one of the matinees you could take the train in, see the show, grab some food at one of the many great restaurants (Trinity Brewhouse is popular with the local college crowds-great food not too expensive and few blocks from the theater!)and then head back to the train. I am a season ticket holder with PPAC so I will be seeing it on opening night.

Hank
#17re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/15/08 at 7:18pm

Sure!
And if you're hungry afterwards for some comfort food, Haven Bros. Diner, 3 blocks up Weybosset, 3 blocks L on Dorance (they're very short blocks). Right in front of city hall. Open 5pm till late.
5 grease stains from hollyeats.com (their highest rating).

orbops
#18re: Should I go see Legally Blonde in Providence?
Posted: 9/19/08 at 12:56am

Saw this promo on the wpri website. Is anyone planning on taping it?

Looks like Rhode Island's going Blonde... Legally Blonde that is!
The hit Broadway musical kicks off its national tour - right here in Providence.
Before the curtain rises, Eyewitness News anchor Karen Adams takes you behind the scenes. Meet the cast and see what it takes to put on a mega musical road show.

Legally Blonde the Musical:
The PPAC Premiere!
Saturday Sept. 20th at 7:30pm on WPRI 12.

Videos