News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DebraR

Member Name: DebraR
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Where were your RUSH seats for these shows (and would you advise for or against them)?  May 5 2024, 12:58:12 PM

My daughter is 23, would that mean we would rush in person for Mary Jane & Mother Play?

Where were your RUSH seats for these shows (and would you advise for or against them)?  May 5 2024, 12:37:17 AM

Thanks so much, I will definitely keep an eye out!

Where were your RUSH seats for these shows (and would you advise for or against them)?  May 4 2024, 11:23:14 PM

Planning out my trip in a couple weeks and will be rushing for most shows. For those who have rushed the following shows, were the seats too obstructed, would you do it again? Are there any cheap (cheaper) ways to see Cabaret since I know the likelihood of winning the digital lottery is pretty bad.

Outsiders
Water for Elephants
Gatsby
Suffs
Notebook
Beautiful Noise (I know, I know but growing up with Neil, I feel like I have to see it :)
Mary Jane
App

Stereophonic seats  May 2 2024, 12:59:04 PM

Those look great! We'll get them! Thanks so much!

Stereophonic seats  May 2 2024, 12:35:35 PM
I have read and hear that I should try to get tickets in the orchestra for this show. I see that there are some $63 tickets in the orchestra row K & L, seats 9-11. It says they are also partially obstructed. Has anyone sat there and can tell me how obstructed they are?

Another "what should I see" post :)  Apr 30 2024, 01:19:46 PM

Haha, just heard. Thanks for the laugh.

Another "what should I see" post :)  Apr 30 2024, 11:57:52 AM
My daughter (23) and I will be in town 17-26th and haven't been back for a few years. We will fill our days with shows and want to make sure to have the best shot of picking great ones. We usually focus on Broadway but would also love Off-Broadway suggestions. Musicals are our favorite but we could throw in a couple straight plays.
&
Thank you Secret Santa!!! Merrily ticket :)  Nov 24 2023, 01:11:17 PM

My daughter, broke grad student, spent time with family in NYC and really wanted to see Merrily. We watched the online tickets, hoping they would go down as it got closer to showtime.

While standing in front of the theatre refreshing her app over and over, a kind person handed her a ticket and said Happy Holidays. I'm blown away and she is thrilled. If you are out there, thank you so much, you have made her day, her week, her year!

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Everybody Rise! Sondheim Celebration at Hollywood Bowl  Jul 31 2023, 10:12:57 AM

Would love to hear why.  Went to closing night of Into The Woods instead but really wanted to see it.

Sweeney Todd Rush/Lotto???  Mar 31 2023, 09:00:34 PM

My daughter ended up buying a fantastic seat for $80 (5th row center orchestra) at literally 7:59 from Seat Geek.  She was so happy to have the chance to see it, especially on a budget.

Sweeney lottery buddy?  Mar 17 2023, 04:59:14 PM

Thats great! She'll only be able to go tomorrow (Saturday) as she leaves Sunday afternoon.  But she is thrilled at the extra chance!

Sweeney lottery buddy?  Mar 17 2023, 04:03:12 PM

Thanks so much!

Sweeney Todd Rush/Lotto???  Mar 17 2023, 03:13:19 PM

Daughter lost again.  I think I heard that someone won last week but could be wrong.

Sweeney Todd Rush/Lotto???  Mar 17 2023, 02:31:26 PM

No worries!  Good luck to you when you are in NYC.

Sweeney lottery buddy?  Mar 17 2023, 02:30:17 PM

That would be fantastic!!  She will flip.  Thank you so much for your kindness!

Sweeney lottery buddy?  Mar 17 2023, 11:56:01 AM

My daughter (who is out and about in town) asked if I could post for her.  She is looking for a "lottery buddy" for Sweeney Todd.  If she wins, she will take the other person.  If the other person wins, they will take her.  She's entered a few times already and lost.  Was hoping to up her chance to see the show before heading back to school on the 19th. 

Ahmanson's Broadway-Bound(?) THE SECRET GARDEN announces further casting  Mar 17 2023, 11:53:00 AM

Saw the understudy Ava and while the entire cast was fantastic, and though Ava's voice is incredible, the acting wasn't and unfortunately was really distracting (in the contrast with the others) for the whole of the show. 

Sweeney Todd Rush/Lotto???  Mar 17 2023, 11:48:28 AM

No rush tickets unfortunately.  My daughter is in NYC and asked me to post if anyone wants a "lottery buddy".  If she wins she will take the other and if they win, they will take her. She has tried the lottery for a few days and so far, no luck. She'll be there till the 19th.

West End shows to see?  Feb 26 2023, 03:31:30 AM

Thanks so much, i'll look into them all!

West End shows to see?  Feb 25 2023, 05:23:05 PM
Contemplating what to see when our family visits London in May. If anyone has been recently, i'd love any fringe theatre suggestions, not sure how to find out what is really good.  Love musicals but also love discovering new shows.

So
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You