pixeltracker

Thank you Secret Santa!!! Merrily ticket :)

Thank you Secret Santa!!! Merrily ticket :)

DebraR
#1Thank you Secret Santa!!! Merrily ticket :)
Posted: 11/24/23 at 1:11pm

My daughter, broke grad student, spent time with family in NYC and really wanted to see Merrily. We watched the online tickets, hoping they would go down as it got closer to showtime.

While standing in front of the theatre refreshing her app over and over, a kind person handed her a ticket and said Happy Holidays. I'm blown away and she is thrilled. If you are out there, thank you so much, you have made her day, her week, her year!

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Listener
#2Thank you Secret Santa!!! Merrily ticket :)
Posted: 11/25/23 at 8:16pm

That is absolutely amazing. I'm sure she was thrilled.

I love it when people do that kind of thing. If you have the power to be one of those people, please do. It's such an amazing thing.

Life can be so dark sometimes. Seeing people just be kind to anyone, generous like that, it restores a sense of hope in the world :)

I hope she had a wonderful time.

Wayman_Wong
#3Thank you Secret Santa!!! Merrily ticket :)
Posted: 11/25/23 at 11:41pm

DebraR, thanks for sharing that wonderful story about your daughter getting that free ticket to ''Merrily We Roll Along.'' 

I'm reminded of an equally heartwarming story about Broadway actor Claybourne Elder. When he was 22, he was just out of school visiting New York, and seeing ''The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.'' A perfect stranger noticed how much Elder was enjoying the show, and offered Elder $200 and urged him to see ''Sweeney Todd,'' starring Patti LuPone. The stranger told Elder: ''It will change your life.'' Fifteen years later, Elder would wind up on Broadway in ''Company,'' co-starring LuPone! And as Elder told this story to the press, he got reconnected with the stranger who gave him the $200. What's more, Elder has paid it forward by starting a foundation that gives out free theater tickets.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/broadway-star-claybourne-elder-pays-it-forward-with-free-tickets-to-his-show-company/

Updated On: 11/25/23 at 11:41 PM

Zeppie2022
#4Thank you Secret Santa!!! Merrily ticket :)
Posted: 11/26/23 at 8:50am

We hear way too much about the negative in life and people who are mean to others. It is very heartwarming reading this wonderful story about your daughter getting that ticket from a complete stranger. There are good people out there who are kind and generous, wish we heard about it more often. I hope your daughter had a fantastic time; it is a great show.

Videos