News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PeterJamesZielinski

PeterJamesZielinski Profile Photo
Member Name: PeterJamesZielinski
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Avenue Q Puppets Getting Married.....um...
 Jul 27 2011, 12:41:25 AM
HAhahahha so many ridiculous people on this board. You guys kill me.
America Olivio Let's On That Spider-Man Isn't The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread
 Feb 11 2011, 05:14:24 PM
Amen brother (er...or sister?). I'm with you.

But check out how we just had a normal discourse as opposed to 'that sucks! tee-hee LOL"

Wasn't that hard...if you and I can pull it off, surely some professional writers and producers could do it too.

Feb 11 2011, 05:01:33 PM
We can't really know what's going on in her head

But really, in the media, you can't just come out and say, "yeah, things aren't going as smoothly as we hoped." "yes, it's an asspain to be under the constant scrutiny of the backlash" "yes, we were horrified at the injuries."

Instead the captain of a ship had to hold their **** together, keep their chin up, and push forward, again, good or bad...for the cast, for investors, for audiences, etc.

Even if the show was

Feb 11 2011, 04:26:23 PM
Really Rob? I can't write " **** " on this board but I can write bandwagon-dickery? :)
 Feb 11 2011, 03:57:24 PM
Gotta be honest Erik, I don't know because I didn't see what you saw.

I can tell you from my own experience that a lot of times rehearsals run long and your first and second run throughs can end up being with preview audiences. That does happen. On my end I have no clue what it takes to put up a show like this or what kind of hurdles they have to jump over day to day. That's on them, yeah..but I don't know what it takes.

But I actually totally agree with you...Broadway shoul

Feb 11 2011, 03:38:57 PM
Alright, off topic, I didn't say "shouldn't be critical" I just said such massive animosity towards people who actually try to DO something as opposed to arm chair quarter back sucks sometimes. Being critical of art is imperative but the Spidey bandwagon is...well...a bandwagon.

It's so easy for anonymous people and sad_chubby_guy123 to condemn something and make broad statements about how these people should go to hell. Good or bad, at least these artists are out there doing it. And t

Feb 10 2011, 04:33:17 PM
Taz, Peter, is fine. Thanks for being civil :)

And yes, good point. I admit I am a little hostile towards the trend of negativity on this board.

It breaks my heart to see so much negativity pointed at artists that are trying to bring people entertainment. I mean, sure, it's what we do, we love to tear things apart. But the whole band wagon on this show, in particular, just seems nuts.

Julie Taymor, the cast, crew etc. are all a bunch of talented folks and whether

Feb 10 2011, 04:02:09 PM
You're on a fan site. Taking time out of your day to post about the show in a fan forum.

Good or bad....You're a fan :)

If I'm wrong? I do apologize. But then you'd be a random person, who doesn't care about an actor or her show, just being a dick about it.

I agree with the person above...the random hostility from people who do not contribute or create for the very medium that they just can't stop talking about is comical.

Feb 10 2011, 03:17:40 PM
The cruelty of some of you fans is jarring. I sincerely hope you never have it returned to you.
Power Balladz?
 Aug 22 2010, 02:25:50 AM
What's funny to me is that that's the first mention of Power Balladz being created and performed before ROA. No reviewer or person on this board seemed to know about that fact.

Tiny thing everyone likes to leave out :)

That said, absolutely no reason why both of these shows aren't valid. Lot of talented folk created both of those shows.

Full disclosure:

- I am currently a part of the cast of POWER BALLADZ.

Is there another James Earl Jones??
 Aug 4 2010, 04:37:35 PM
If it's a Chicago production that's James Earl Jones II. Great voice and a really good actor as well.
Laura Bell Bundy's not racist at all caricature
 Jul 17 2010, 12:04:26 PM
You can't scream for Equality in life and then not have it go both ways.

If you think this is harmful and racist then you must take this type of humor out of every culture. If Laura Bell Bundy can't do it, then Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle can't do it. Margaret Cho can't do it. Etc, etc.

Eventually people of your hyper sensitive mindset will just drain society of everything makes it great by over labeling it and complaining.

You're ridiculous. Go see a Broadway s

Laura Bell Bundy's racist(?) caricature
 Jul 15 2010, 06:08:34 PM
You need a hobby.

Stop being so PC.

It's unbecoming.

Rock of Ages US Tour Cast
 Jul 7 2010, 11:30:58 PM
dontevenstart - you're a little off on your facts. The base salary on the tour starts at $835.

And agent appointments were in May. I was in callbacks until the end of the month. Calls went out shortly after that.

But yes, there's some dream casting there.

Equity v. Non-Equity Tours
 Jul 1 2010, 01:06:47 AM
Theatrefan - you need to realize you're making too broad a statement there.

"Most" actors do not start with non-Equity tours. But yes, some do get to do them.

"All" actors start out non-Equity.

When have acquired enough weeks through the Equity Membership Candidate program...they can join the Union. They can also be offered an Equity contract directly and immediately join the Union.

They do not, however, start by joining non-Equity tours.

Bloodsong Of Love- a new musical
 Apr 6 2010, 12:24:14 AM
It's a really great time.
Photo Coverage: Roundabout's Sondheim 80 Gala at Sondheim on Sondheim!
 Mar 23 2010, 04:46:26 PM
Thank you guys much for the comments. Happy to be able to bring you this coverage.
Henry Miller Theatre's to Be Renamed as THE STEPHEN SONDHEIM THEATRE!
 Mar 22 2010, 10:15:35 PM
Gotta be honest. Watching/shooting this curtain call for BWW and seeing Sondheim's face the moment they told him was probably one of the coolest moments of my life.
ADDAMS FAMILY's Wesley Taylor Brings 'Wesley & Friends' to Joe's Pub, 5/3
 Mar 22 2010, 02:35:55 PM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/ADDAMS_FAMILYs_Wesley_Taylor_Brings_Wesley_Friends_to_Joes_Pub_53_20100322

Check this show out guys....going to be an amazing night!

Anyone know any good headshot photographers?
 Jan 29 2010, 01:52:10 PM
I mean, if you're a true BroadwayWorld fan...I would check out this guy:

http://www.pjzstudios.com

:)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You