News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NJ_BroadwayGirl

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
Member Name: NJ_BroadwayGirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

RENT Live on Fox  Jan 27 2019, 08:44:56 PM
I could understand a weak link here and there or a missed note, but when more of the singing is bad than good, thats a problem. That Life Support soloist guy was inexcusably bad.
Amar Ramasar (Jigger in CAROUSEL) suspended from NYCB over  Sep 17 2018, 03:56:43 PM

ameliewormwood said: "Just a note, I was at the show last night and everyone received entrance applause, though his seemed a bit hesitant and awkward."

I was also there last night. I was actually taken aback by how big his entrance applause was. I chose not to participate. I wasn’t surprised because most people would have no idea about this scandal, but I was caught off guard. I also heard NYCB people there talking about him at intermiss

Amar Ramasar (Jigger in CAROUSEL) suspended from NYCB over  Sep 17 2018, 03:56:37 PM

ameliewormwood said: "Just a note, I was at the show last night and everyone received entrance applause, though his seemed a bit hesitant and awkward."

I was also there last night. I was actually taken aback by how big his entrance applause was. I chose not to partake. I wasn’t surprised because most people would have no idea about this scandal, but I was caught off guard. I also heard NYCB people there talking about him at intermission. 

Amar Ramasar (Jigger in CAROUSEL) suspended from NYCB over  Sep 17 2018, 03:56:33 PM

I was also there last night. I was actually taken aback by how big his entrance applause was. I chose not to partake. I wasn’t surprised because most people would have no idea about this scandal, but I was caught off guard. I also heard NYCB people there talking about him at intermission. 

Seeing shows by yourself  Sep 14 2018, 04:51:46 PM

I never realized there were so many other people who love going to shows alone. I do it all the time. It's certainly nice to be able to discuss the performance with someone else after, but generally, the convenience of going solo is too good to resist. I control the date, the parking, the seats, etc. I just pop into the city, grab an inexpensive bite to eat, enjoy the show, and head home, singing as loud as I want in the car. 

Spotting Celebrities at Shows  Sep 7 2018, 08:08:52 PM

If Monday night is an option for a show (usually in previews), that's often my first choice because I always have the day off (my business is closed). So I often see Broadway actors at those shows. I did attend Hamilton the same night as Joe and Jill Biden in July 2015, during Broadway previews. It was pretty wild - the line was forming outside and suddenly a bunch of black SUVs were out front and there was extra security. I figured it was some politician but never expected it to be the V

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?  Sep 6 2018, 02:40:44 PM

Ryantheatrekid said: "Christine Dwyer is joining the cast on tour as Jenna!!! This will be phenomenal"

Thrilled for Dwyer. She has been a wonderful Elphaba (and stepped back into the role multiple times on short notice) and got positive reviews for her work on the Finding Neverland tour. 

I have long thought she would make a great Jenna. 

"Cosby" Star Ridiculed For Working At Trader Joe's  Sep 4 2018, 12:57:59 PM

Good for Mr Owens for responding to this. I hope, as he says, that this puts him back on the radar and maybe helps open some audition room doors.

I would speculate that he used to get residuals from Cosby show reruns that are no longer airing ... Cosby's despicable actions reach even further than the women he abused. 

Ruthie Ann Miles return to K&I in London  Aug 4 2018, 04:44:29 PM

Kelli's post was very moving:

Last night, our friend @RuthieAnnMiles was a triumph in @kingandiwestend. Every moment was a gift and continues to be. She is singing like an angel and commanding the stage with a heavenly force. An inspiration to all. I knew you would want to know.

Saddest songs in musical theater  Jun 25 2018, 08:57:29 PM
Mostly more contemporary choices that have struck me recently. Some are just incredibly moving not so much “sad.”
“Unlikely Lovers” - Falsettos
“It’s Quiet Uptown” - Hamilton
“She Used to Be Mine” - Waitress
“Prayer” - Come From Away
“Heartbreaker” - Bright Star

Carousel Principals' Attendance  Jun 21 2018, 10:13:22 AM

I have to say, the principals in the Carousel cast have really had a excellent attendance record, especially through the crush of awards' season. I saw it on the Tuesday after the Tonys and everyone was in fabulous voice. 

Jessie Mueller as Fanny Brice?  Jun 20 2018, 03:42:37 PM

enjoyable2 said: "She would be sensational. Her ability to sing anything in any style is unmatched."

Agreed. A vocal chameleon.

Who tied for Best Leading Actress in a Musical nominations?  Jun 17 2018, 09:22:59 PM

I would say definitely LaChanze and either Loudermann or Kilgore. 

How is Phantom these days?  Jun 15 2018, 09:15:41 PM
I saw Phantom a few weeks ago. I agree that Crawford is quite good. The audience was horrible.

The thing that bothered me most was the sound mixing. The orchestra is so overpoweringly loud that it makes it difficult to understand what the actors are singing. I have excellent hearing btw, and was seated about 12 rows back in the orchestra. The poor sound also actually made it sometimes seem like the actors weren’t singing live. I know they were and I don’t know if that makes any sense b

CAROUSEL (2018) Reviews  Jun 13 2018, 03:16:18 PM

I saw Carousel about 2/3 of the way through previews and made a return visit yesterday, Tuesday. Carousel is one of my favorites and while I still struggle with the cuts that were made, I have a great appreciation for this production's existence and I left feeling happy and moved by it. I found the show to be more polished, particularly the blocking of the dramatic scenes. Jigger is still not being played appropriately, which is irksome. The orchestra is sublime. I'd listened to

Robert De Niro.  Jun 11 2018, 09:48:34 AM

yankeefan7 said: "Trump is in Singapore with leader of North Korea , you really think he is going to notice or care what DeNiro said last night. It is not exactly the first time this sentiment has been expressed - lol."

If you think Trump is ever going to miss something said about him on American television, you’ve been missing the past three+ years. All he cares about is himself and ratings and attention. He may not have watched the Tony Awards but h

Robert De Niro.  Jun 11 2018, 09:42:50 AM
I hate Trump as much as the anyone could and I thought De Niro was childish last night. So many award winners said basically the exact same thing in their speeches about inclusion and diversity in a much more eloquent manner. He took the easy way to get a laugh and applause and looked like a moron flexing his arms on the stage.

Its disappointing that he has stolen the headlines from the artists who performed and won awards last night.

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 08:46:32 PM
Thrilled for Lindsay Mendez! Her speech was beautiful and so poignant.
THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 08:16:22 PM

Babe_Williams said: "This doesn’t seem that good. (mean girls)"

Ha I just said the EXACT same line. 

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 30 2018, 04:09:15 PM

sharona39 said: "I’m not sure folks thought she was weak just under utilized. My takeaway was she was doing the best with what she got. I loved her asCarrie in the Lincoln center production. I guess not everyone can have home runs all the time but I am sure I’ll enjoy it. Thank you again for your thoughts. You never know what type of response you get on here - post at your own risk - lol. (I’ve been chided for stupid questions per some. )"

I agree w

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You