News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for localonedude

Member Name: localonedude
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Spiderman Musical Update
 May 23 2008, 08:29:13 PM
I heard that Disney is toying with renting out the theater after poppins is done . Since there recent run with musicals hasnt been so hot ! SHOE mocker
re: How well is YF doing?
 May 21 2008, 12:32:12 PM
Im priviledged to have a reply from the almighty wanna be a foster!! I work at YF and Sutton said she DONT want you to be a foster !!They will have to wait till im elderly and helpless!!
re: How well is YF doing?
 May 21 2008, 09:10:58 AM
Now that Mel is down and every one has got there kicks in (reidel,billy,jordan girl etc).Who will be the next elderly target for the do gooders of broadway world???Who will it be ??
re: Actor injured this afternoon in Little Mermaid
 May 13 2008, 10:14:48 PM
I worked on a show in which i was running automation . There were actors flying on a scenery piece in a manner which I thought(knew ) was dangerous . I appeal to all agency equity,board of labor (they have to ok flying in a show and also look at things for saftey),and the actors (surprisingly werent really interested to hear what i had to say and they are very famous right now on broadway) .Every one felt the move was safe .Go figure ???? When they think its not safe they say add a hand loop,tha
Who was robbed
 May 13 2008, 12:53:34 PM
None of these should be a surprise ! If you don't realize the tony's are and always will be political bs and not based on quality then youre new to this world . Lets face it Mel pissed people off and crybaby did not !! It has abosolutely nothing to do with how the shows are . Its a shame thats how it is .. All the Mel bashers should be happy . Just curious who the next target will be . Can't wait for spiderman . The beginning of the end .Mabey they'll do Ironman next. Broadway is becoming just
 May 11 2008, 10:28:33 AM
Its gotten to the point that these so called technical supervisor(former stage hands) will have an actor do something that a stage hand should be doing(untieing lines on one side of the stage cuz they dont want to pay a guy to be on both sides) . All to cut a guy off the show. You're trading safety for money. One of the only ways for them to make more money is to cut stagehands(labor)..There are only so many seats per theater,so many shows a week,So the only thing these techs can offer a produce
 May 10 2008, 07:07:15 PM
Ny 1 just said broken wrists and stable!! 704 pm
 May 10 2008, 06:29:30 PM
Safety should get alot of press!! I've worked on alot of flying shows . Tarzan (which did it right by hiring Foy rigging-expesive but that is there niche.), Beauty(enchatress) and a few others. I was amazed in Pirate Queen they let that actor jump off a 15 foot piece of scenery with just a hand loop. .Hand loops arent harness'. But the labor board and equity allow them . Its like the crane in New York they started checking safety after !!

May 10 2008, 05:34:47 PM
I truly hope he is ok . I hate to say it but saftey is a hot button issue with me . The producers have gotten so cheap especially after this last contract that saftety is put on the back burner . They do things a cheap as possible . Not enough people on the show . These shows are heavily automated . There are nine things moving at once some times . Heavy scenery some times 10000 lb s or more .. Saftey should be paramount!!!!!!!Its not though. I'm not saying this is the case at Mermaid but it g
re: Young Frankenstein should be a case study in how not to market a Broadw
 May 8 2008, 09:39:15 PM
hubris thank god some said it for you billy! Its not a stretch that the economy is in recession ! mabey not in your bubble. You have some weird thing with MEl we get it you dont like him! Giving your opinion is one thing but to constantly go out of your way to trash the show with the intention of getting people not to go is a little weird..We get it you dont like MEl or Yf.beating a dead horse here
It's the economy...
 May 8 2008, 12:10:31 PM
http://money.aol.com/special/real-life-signs-were-in-a-recession?icid=1615984945x1201926519x1200302866
re: Young Frankenstein should be a case study in how not to market a Broadw
 May 8 2008, 12:09:15 PM
http://money.aol.com/special/real-life-signs-were-in-a-recession?icid=1615984945x1201926519x1200302866 dear billy we are in a recession all grosses are down . Have you bought a gallon of gas lately ? Do you have a car ? Get out of your bubble . life doesnt revovle around broadway .
It's the economy...
 May 7 2008, 08:29:40 AM
In case you missed it i was being sarcastic!!!!!!Its the economy no doubt. I've been doing shows on broadway for 15 years and have seen a far far worse crop of shows and we were still in the late 90$ boom and the grosses were up. Now penn station on the weeknights has been empty . People arent spending..How can they spend . When gas is 4.15 a gallon . Groceries are up across the board . property taxes are equal to your mortgage payment etc.I was being sarcastic in my post because people are blam
re: Is Broadway in a recession, Or is it a bad year for New Muscials?
 May 6 2008, 09:22:21 PM
Yeah there's just a recession on broadway ! The world revovles around broadway..
re: spiderman Riedel comments ny post..
 Mar 19 2008, 09:08:43 PM
dearest liz this is where i will take the high road and ignore you.. Any day you feel like coming to my job and take a crack at my show computers your more then welcome.. This is an open invitation to you liz just email me and i will set it up..i would love for you to show me your computer savy.. Have a nice day .
 Mar 19 2008, 02:27:53 PM
Again thanks. Don't like it don't read it . Vociferous poult!There i had to look that one up. Take some of lizzies prozzac will ya or get a life one or the other.. we all think your smart.
 Mar 19 2008, 02:12:46 PM
Not as savy as you theater geeks sorry b3tao7 .Thanks for stopping bye
 Mar 19 2008, 01:52:18 PM
Lizze had i known you'd be reading the post i would have gone s l o w f o r y o u. my bad next time i'll get it right!My deepest apologies . Don't forget you're prozzac lizze!!
spiderman Riedel comments ny post..
 Mar 19 2008, 09:09:10 AM
I wondering if he realizes how dumb that article sounds from a constuction stand point.. Yes Strohman was tacky ,yes Mel has a big ego,yes the show is not as good as the producers(never saw the show just going by the boards).To re rake and to extend the balcony is a huge job .Just because Taymore is doing doesnt mean its gonna work eg green bird,juan darian. Go look at the bill for the redo of the Longacre. Its also my understanding that if the right person comes along the Hilton is for sale.
re: Young Frankenstein/ broadway grosses question.
 Mar 15 2008, 09:52:02 PM
HILTON MATH the hilton has 1800 + seats even if there is 300 empty seats a show. Thats still 1500 seats at aroud 110 a seat thats still a lot of money X's 8 shows especially in feb/march.simple math!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You