News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for noracharles89

Member Name: noracharles89
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
 Aug 28 2018, 12:14:46 PM

Oh my God. The "hard pass" was clearly a *joke.* Benanti's campaigning for the role has been part of her comedy schtick for years.  

Trigger Warning or Content Advisory for Hair?
 Aug 8 2018, 02:23:50 PM

bk said: "JBroadway said: "bk said: "That's swell, only where do you stop. You might cover content that covers this person or that person's "trigger", but then another person might be triggered by something you haven't thought of."

This is another argument I hear a lot. The fact is - you're right. We can never predict everybody's triggers. There will always be people who are triggered by random, unpredic

Ruthie Ann Miles return to K&I in London
 Aug 6 2018, 12:01:29 AM

Yeah, that's totally fair. 

Ruthie Ann Miles return to K&I in London
 Aug 5 2018, 08:37:44 PM

Isn't it possible that the producers can't guarantee when Ruthie will be on? I doubt they are being purposely vague or misleading--how would that help them sell tickets? It seems like they've been allowing Ruthie to return to the role at her own pace. 

Waitress Without Mueller
 May 17 2016, 10:17:17 AM

"Yikes. Even after she posted doctors notes and pictures of her legitimate ilness? Incredibly uneccecary to even bring her up. How pointed."

And Benanti didn't perform at Studio 54 until after she was back in the show, and she hasn't been out since. So iluvtheatertrash's point is moot. 

Congrats to Lincoln Center's CAROUSEL on 3 Emmy Nominations!
 Jul 19 2013, 05:45:35 PM
I think wdwfreak is a little cranky because his darling went into Spiderman.
Annie From Script to Stage
 Jun 29 2013, 09:43:20 PM
Dramamama, I'm genuinely curious as to what gave you that impression of "Molly". I thought all the kids seemed well-adjusted, but her especially.
EVITA national tour?
 Jun 29 2013, 06:05:24 PM
Eva was of average height-- 5'5. In my opinion, Sara is way prettier than Eva was, but she really has the wrong build. Except for a very short period of time after Juan was first elected, Eva was rail thin. She was either starving herself or, y'know, dying. She was also very pale. The differences may not matter so much in a production whose "curtain" isn't a giant painting of her.
Pippin Rush
 Jun 22 2013, 05:00:56 AM
Do people still tend to start lining up at 5:00 am, even on Sundays? I don't want to wait on line for seven hours if I don't have to.
Follies Closing Night
 Jan 22 2012, 03:34:38 AM
Musicismylifee, I was joking. Didn't mean to make you feel like you had to defend yourself.
Follies Closing Night
 Jan 21 2012, 06:26:44 PM
I got the same info, Emily. Nice try, musicismylifee.
MTC 30 under 30 party
 Jan 21 2012, 12:42:40 AM
Has anyone ever attended one of their events? I'm thinking about going to the party for Wit, and I was wondering what they are like. Worth sticking around for?
Why were so many lyrics cut from
 Sep 24 2011, 11:02:32 PM

I was in a production of Peter Pan this summer; the British musical version, not the Mary Martin. No Ugg a Wugg in that.

Flea Market 2011 Thread
 Sep 23 2011, 04:21:55 PM
According to the BC Facebook page Roseland already has an event scheduled that day. So whatever happens the flea market won't be there.
Flea Market 2011 Thread
 Sep 23 2011, 11:49:10 AM
Any loners want to exchange info and meet up? I just moved to NY, so I don’t know anyone yet. I would love a BCEFA buddy to chat with at the flea market.

PM me if you are feeling similarly pathetic (or if you feel sorry for me).

Sutton Foster in Anything Goes. First Preview.
 Mar 13 2011, 03:46:55 AM
Honestly, there are some issues with this production in addition to the show's weak book but I walked on of the theatre in a fantastic mood on Thursday night.

Sutton is a more vulnerable, kookier Reno then I am used to seeing but there is nothing in her performance that is clashing with the script, only my preconceived notions. And she is tough and sexy...very, very sexy.

I too found myself caring about the Billy/Hope plot for the first time in seeing this show. I think

New Addams Family Cast
 Mar 13 2011, 03:37:00 AM
Heidi sounded a little raw vocally, but even so she was fantastic. She is acting the hell out of the role and almost walking away with the show in the process.

Foard was hitting most of the jokes tonight, I don't know if he has gotten better or if the audience was more responsive but I didn't have any issues with his performance.

The rest of the cast was solid. The show isn't a particularly great one, but I had a good time.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You