News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jrb_actor

jrb_actor Profile Photo
Member Name: jrb_actor
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.johnraymondbarker.com
Blog Address:
Profile: #AllBlackLivesMatter

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Brendon Urie of Panic! At the Disco to join Kinky Boots  May 25 2017, 03:26:43 PM

He and his people have been nothing but hard-working, humble, and friendly here at the theatre. And, yes, he can act. He's going to be fantastic. 

Show Choir! The Musical with Kevin Duda & Christiane Noll  Sep 26 2015, 12:04:17 PM

Been a while since I've posted, but I wanted to share this great new musical recording with you guys that I got to be a part of. The musical is fantastic and had great runs at NY Fringe, NYMF, Edinburgh, & ACT. These guys decided that the time had come for a professional recording, and they were able to get Kevin Duda and Christiane Noll (who gets to show you a new, fun side of her talents) to lead the cast. 

You can check it out at https://showchoirthemusical.bandcamp.com/releases. They are selling it for donation, so you can buy it for as little as a dollar. 

FIRST DATE - Previews  Jul 14 2013, 12:23:59 AM
I saw the show Thursday. I enjoyed it. It needs work--it IS in previews, so it deserves some breathing room, but it was very enjoyable with fantastic performances. Levi makes a great Broadway debut in particular.
Tonight at Under St. Marks!  Oct 14 2012, 12:18:28 PM

2 FUN shows:

THE CABARET SHOWDOWN: https://www.facebook.com/events/535326429827475/

Lisa Asher is performing tonight at this monthly game show where singers compete for a free slot the following month to do their show. The fun part is that the singers may or may not know the song they have to perform, but have to make it work regardless. It's super fun to watch and even more fun to compete in. Doors open at 6:30PM $10

Following the showdown is last month's winner, ME! :)

JOHN RAYMOND BARKER UNDER ST. MARKS: http://blog.jerby.com/?p=338

At 9PM, I will be making my East Village debut with some special guests: Deena Marie Manzanares, Jillian Coneys, TJ D'Angelo and Katie Siegmund on piano. It's only $10 (cash at door) and no drink minimum, though you should say hello to Shula, who will be selling drinks.

There will be musical theatre songs, pop songs, standards, and originals. Those of you who know my work know that this is not a show for the little ones or the weak of heart/mind. So, get ready, East Village. I'm coming for you.

If you can make either/both, do! It's going to be a lot of fun!

--John

Under St. Marks
94 St. Marks Place
between 1st Avenue & Avenue A
Basement Theater
no wheelchair access

Broadway Zombie  Sep 14 2012, 04:36:49 PM
Ha ha! Now there's an idea for a funny cartoon. :)
Broadway Zombie  Sep 14 2012, 10:08:06 AM
Good eye, PetitPapillon!

Thank you, Eric & Quiche.

Broadway Zombie  Sep 13 2012, 01:08:30 PM
Thank you both! :)
Broadway Zombie  Sep 12 2012, 11:56:57 PM
This is my brand new, animated short. It features a handful of unofficial Broadway cameos. I hope you enjoy. :)
Theatre Provocateur - Call for submissions  Aug 15 2012, 03:45:37 PM
For any of you who enjoy writing about theatre, my husband, Jared R. Pike (who begins his PhD work at CUNY Grad Center in the Fall), is creator and editor of a new web site that is open to anyone to contribute. Submissions can come in many forms - essays, opinion pieces, personal narratives, reviews, etc. All submissions will be published once he has reviewed them, possibly offering editorial suggestions.

The site will launch officially with a special issue on the topic of "What is The

rise Rise RISE!  Jul 8 2012, 02:06:25 AM
"[She] didn't make [it] for YOU!!"

;P

rise Rise RISE!  Jul 7 2012, 10:21:01 AM

This was created by Abby Wolbe. I thought you all would enjoy. :)

8 the play streaming live tonight  Mar 4 2012, 11:55:33 AM
The purpose of showing the family is a direct response to the criticisms made by Prop 8 supporters. They tried/try to say that we aren't capable of such relationships. This framing device reinforces how wrong they are.

Would anyone want to see a revival of Torch Song Trilogy?  Dec 2 2011, 09:36:43 AM
Torch Song Trilogy is one of my all-time favorite plays. I would love to see it revived. I think it is still extremely relevant.

The film was probably the first time I ever saw two men kiss, which, of course, was mesmerizing to a 15/16 yo just coming to terms with being gay. This was in the 90s, so with AIDS swirling around me in the news and amongst dating/hook-up fears, I found this play to be a break from all of that. I was thankful to have one play I could look to about standing up

Pulizer Prize for Drama - 2011  Nov 7 2011, 06:27:08 PM
I do love when people call each other "dear" on here! :)
Pulizer Prize for Drama - 2011  Nov 7 2011, 10:02:19 AM
I agree that Book of Mormon is much more profound that some give it credit. I find it to be a surprisingly deep discussion of religion, racism, charity, etc. And, it delivers this in the best way possible--by making people laugh.
Just Married: Cheyenne Jackson Weds Partner in NY  Sep 4 2011, 01:35:09 AM
Congrats to him and his husband!
Hurricane Irene and Broadway  Aug 26 2011, 03:06:24 PM
Tropical Storms can devastate and flood--and NYC is very saturated right now. Not trying to add to the paranoia, but this is serious stuff.
Hurricane Irene and Broadway  Aug 26 2011, 12:34:49 PM
If this storm is indeed coming anywhere near NYC, there will not be shows on Sunday, poss Monday & Tuesday. It won't be as pleasant as a blizzard. The flooding alone will halt NYC. Let's hope for the best--and if not the best--the least of the worst.

Also possible that Sat eve shows (and maybe mats) will be canceled. We'll know tomorrow morning.

Avenue Q Puppets Getting Married.....um...  Jul 26 2011, 09:22:41 AM
You know--I do recall the great outrage and scandal and damage that fell upon marriage after Kermit & Miss Piggy got married. Horrifying.

Whether or not there was a press agenda to Avenue Q or Hair's events, I do not doubt for one moment that the bulk of the inspiration was genuine. Genuine celebration for this landmark moment.

Unless you know the people involved in these events (and, I do), don't presume to know their intentions.

Avenue Q Puppets Getting Married.....um...  Jul 26 2011, 08:36:43 AM
I think it's fantastic. If straight puppets can marry, then why not gay puppets?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You