News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Aswatrowinkenbo

Aswatrowinkenbo Profile Photo
Member Name: Aswatrowinkenbo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/emyems
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Low Budget Milky Whites  Apr 19 2015, 09:47:27 PM

I must say my castmates and I were surprised to see our Milky White had made the list, but still got a good laugh out of it of course. We had the pleasure of getting the "stunt double" cow from the 2002 revival. It just didn't have the animatronic elements.

ROCK OF AGES gets a new  Jul 23 2013, 11:18:29 PM
It's been great seeing Seattle actors making their Broadway debuts recently. First Eric Ankrim in FIRST DATE and now Aaron Finley! He's been a local favorite since his big break in Brian Yorkey's "Jesus Christ Superstar" a couple years ago. Broadway has got a new leading man who will not disappoint!
Aladdin Clips?  Aug 18 2011, 04:40:02 PM
Here's a behind the scenes feature from our local news station. It has a bit of a montage of the show.
"Never Say Goodbye" Sheet Music?  Aug 18 2011, 12:31:07 AM
Does anyone know where I could get sheet music for "Never Say Goodbye" from A Tale of Two Cities? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Favorite Stage door experience?  Aug 9 2011, 02:38:12 PM
For closing night of "Catch Me if You Can" in Seattle, I had a lovely experience with Karl Warden. He had been carrying out all his stuff from his dressing room but put it down to sign autographs and take pictures, and finally picked it all back up to leave. I had missed him but figured I'd let him go since his hands were full, but as he stepped out he saw me and said, "Oh did I miss you?" He set down all his stuff and graciously signed my Playbill and posed for a picture. It was quite nice of h
What Original Show Props Do You Have?  Aug 9 2011, 02:18:56 PM
Not exactly a prop, but I have a box of used microphone batteries from ALADDIN at the 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle.

I also have a piece of "Sherry" sheet music from JERSEY BOYS autographed by Frankie Valli.

Disney's ALADDIN to premiere at Seattle's 5th Ave. Theatre this summer  Jan 11 2011, 10:48:47 PM
The audition notice just went up. It says "ALL ETHNICITIES ENCOURAGED TO AUDITION". It seems like they're going to be pulling from the Seattle talent, but knowing the 5th Avenue, they'll have some "big names" too.

The notice includes roles for some new characters:

BABKAK – 20s, chubby, romantic desert dweller, part of Aladdin’s band; the “Crosby” of this Arabian “Road” picture, although perhaps with a bit more flair

OMAR – 20s, nervous, diminutive desert dweller, part

Catch me if you can  Jan 10 2011, 04:04:39 AM
*SPOILERS*

I loved the Seattle production. In fact, I saw it 3 times. The show was supposed to be presented like a TV special. "The Frank Abagnale Jr. Show" or something like that... including an onstage band and a sing-along session where you followed the bouncing ball. I felt that the "TV" concept was lost after the opening number. The set was very plain, aside from the wavy bandstand. A projected background was used in about every scene, and new set pieces of all shapes and sizes would be carted in to match.

Being familiar with the movie and book, it seemed that the musical never really showed you how/what Frank was doing to pull of his schemes. We knew he was passing bad checks and using fake IDs, but there were few explanations. When I first saw it in previews they had a scene where he bought a check machine and supplies. It was cut when I came back the next week. Maybe an entire song wasn't necessary, but I liked seeing what Frank was doing to pull off the scheme.

There were many mixed reviews about Kerry Butler's big ballad, "Fly, Fly Away". Yes, it was a wonderful song and even a highlight of the show. It was just placed in a weird spot... It's a high action sequence with Frank frantically getting his things together and confessing to Brenda while the FBI is pounding on the door. He jumps out the window right as the FBI breaks in. They start to question her and then she goes into her song. The placement feels like a huge break in the action because after that, the chase resumes and Framl sings another big song. He gets captured, they do an epilogue song, and then it's done.

Overall, it was a very fun show. The cast may have been worth it alone. Aaron Tveit was wonderful to look at and listen to, and Norbert Leo Butz brought great comedy to the character. Major props to him for pulling it off when his sister had been murdered just days before opening. It was also great to see some of my favorite local actors alongside the Broadway stars.

As far as I know, it had many more positive reviews than negative, though nearly all of them would say there was work to be done. There's probably a lost thread floating around somewhere with a lot more information, but I'll post some links to the local reviews.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/thearts/2009618992_catchme08.html?cmpid=2628

http://seattlepostglobe.org/2009/08/09/catch-me-if-you-can-launches-a-solid-head-start

http://www.examiner.com/fine-arts-in-seattle/catch-me-if-you-can-5th-avenue-theatre-review

Catch Me If You Can music  Nov 13 2010, 12:14:26 AM
The 5th Avenue's official YouTube channel used to have videos from their "Spotlight Night", which is what peerrjb is probably referring to. There were also a few clips from the show itself. It's a shame that they took them down.
Catch Me If You Can music  Nov 12 2010, 11:04:49 PM
www.5thavenue.org/interactive/

There's a music player at the bottom of the page that includes a few songs.

Tracks
2. Live in Living Color
9. Someone Else's Skin
15. Goodbye (unfortunately not sung by Aaron Tveit)
19. Jet Set

You can also find Kerry Butler singing "Fly, Fly Away" on YouTube

Amazing Instrumental Pieces from Musicals?  Oct 22 2010, 02:37:09 PM
One of my favorites is the Candide Overture
What random Broadway covers do you get on Pandora?  Oct 18 2010, 06:15:15 AM
I've got a Forbidden Broadway station going right now. An a cappella version of "You Can't Stop the Beat" by Toxic Audio came on. Wasn't fan... But I did sort of like the next song that came up. It was a group arrangement of "Maria" but I missed the band.

What songs did you get?

Kelli O'Hara, Matt Doyle, and many more to be featured on Kerrigan-Lowdermilk's first album  Oct 16 2010, 01:41:22 PM
Sounds pretty great! If they reach $30,000 they'll make a 2nd album of live performances.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/511475076/help-kerrigan-lowdermilk-make-the-best-album-ever

Discussion of 9 year old boy's performance of Defying Gravity  Sep 13 2010, 02:06:56 AM
I really wasn't up to watching the whole video... Instead I read the YouTube comments where everyone seemed to be raving about him. All I could say was "really?" Glad to know I'm not the only one.
re: Revised SEUSSICAL Will Get New Cast Recording  Sep 5 2010, 01:27:56 AM
You can hear previews for all the songs on iTunes now.
South Pacific on Ch 13 is repeating in NY. Just Started at 12:30  Aug 22 2010, 05:19:37 PM
It's on in Seattle too!
Channel 9

Weird things you've said to Broadway stars  Aug 13 2010, 03:09:29 AM
Tonight I told Keaton Whittaker she could have my milkshake refill tin if she wanted it. She said something along the lines of "Really? You're so nice!"
BWW TV: RENT in Rehearsal at the Hollywood Bowl!  Aug 5 2010, 05:04:07 AM
First thought: My gosh Aaron Tveit is hot with that new hair.
Your first cast recording was...  Jul 26 2010, 02:21:26 AM
I'm pretty sure the very first cast recording in my house was highlights from Miss Saigon, but I wasn't supposed to listen to it... The first one that I was able to call my own was Cats OBC.
Best BFA Musical Theater Programs  Jul 26 2010, 02:10:08 AM
How often do community college transfer students seem to get into BFA programs? I'll have my AA soon, but is transferring sort of a hopeless cause for me? I never hear anything about this kind of transfer.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You