Catch Me If You Can music

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1Catch Me If You Can music
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:32pm

does anyone know where I can listen to some songs from the musical? *That website* no longer has anything because of copyright issues. Thanks.

bwayfan7000
#2Catch Me If You Can music
Posted: 11/12/10 at 1:33pm

There's a great demo recording out there, if you can find that.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

yournamehere Profile Photo
yournamehere
#2Catch Me If You Can music
Posted: 11/12/10 at 2:00pm

*That website* have anything to do with Kelsey? I was wondering what happened to her!

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#3Catch Me If You Can music
Posted: 11/12/10 at 5:17pm

David Campbell includes a song from the score, "Goodbye" on his new CD ON BROADWAY.
David Campbell - On Broadway

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

hotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
#4Catch Me If You Can music
Posted: 11/12/10 at 7:16pm

Tom Wopat sings '50 Checks' on his 'Consider It Swung' cd. Great big band number, really gets me in the mood for the show. Saw him do a great set at Birdland back in May and got a free cd off the man, which was a really nice touch (but, as he said, it's my show - I can do what I like).

Aswatrowinkenbo Profile Photo
Aswatrowinkenbo
#5Catch Me If You Can music
Posted: 11/12/10 at 11:04pm

www.5thavenue.org/interactive/

There's a music player at the bottom of the page that includes a few songs.

Tracks
2. Live in Living Color
9. Someone Else's Skin
15. Goodbye (unfortunately not sung by Aaron Tveit)
19. Jet Set

You can also find Kerry Butler singing "Fly, Fly Away" on YouTube

peerrjb
#6Catch Me If You Can music
Posted: 11/12/10 at 11:23pm

I'm not sure where, precisely, but there were some clips on YouTube of performances in the original tryout of the show, and it was the composer at the piano, with Wopat and Tveit singing various tunes. I know it's "somewhere out there", because I found it, downloaded it, and learned "Butter Out of Cream" for a club show I did. SO if you go Googling around, you can probably find some of them.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#7Catch Me If You Can music
Posted: 11/12/10 at 11:55pm

Those clips were removed due to copyright issues.

Aswatrowinkenbo Profile Photo
Aswatrowinkenbo
#8Catch Me If You Can music
Posted: 11/13/10 at 12:14am

The 5th Avenue's official YouTube channel used to have videos from their "Spotlight Night", which is what peerrjb is probably referring to. There were also a few clips from the show itself. It's a shame that they took them down.

Videos