News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for exhalemusic

exhalemusic Profile Photo
Member Name: exhalemusic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Hair @ Delacorte - Question
 Jul 15 2008, 11:44:05 PM
I'm a bit confused now, I thought tickets were free? Isn't that what it says on the website for the Public Theater? I thought it was too good to be true!
Can someone clarify?

John Gallagher Jr=Black landlord
 Feb 12 2008, 10:05:43 PM
Weird if it's true...I can't see him playing that part at all...he would be a much better Mark IMO
re: CATCHY Showtunes!
 Feb 12 2008, 10:03:38 PM
I agree with My Junk - that gets stuck in my head all the time. Also Bitch of Living.
Hairspray is very catchy especially You Can't Stop the Beat.
Also...
Xanadu - Xanadu
Church Rulez - Altar Boyz has been stuck in my head for DAYS.
Why - tick, tick...BOOM!
That's What He Said - Parade

& Anything Disney

Worst. Lyrics. EVER.
 Feb 9 2008, 12:10:49 AM
i love Miss Saigon and this song, however...
Why does Saigon never sleep at night?
Why does this girl smell of orange trees?

wtf? (in reference to the second line)
never liked that line

re: Biggest celebrity surprise performances on Broadway?
 Jan 17 2008, 01:06:35 PM
Kate Burton from Grey's Anatomy is in SA right now and it seeing how good she was on stage makes me appreciate her craziness on TV...if that makes any sense.
re: In What Order Should I See The Following??
 Jan 17 2008, 12:59:31 PM
I'm not sure if you intend on seeing all the shows you listed & I wouldn't be able to put them all in an order anyway, but I would recommend A CHORUS LINE to be the first one you see.
re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on THE LITTLE MERMAID with stage door pics (wit
 Jan 15 2008, 01:44:31 AM
lol I totally see the Elijah resemblance...but that's a good thing.

I enjoyed the review especially the pic/description of Under the Sea with that Dumbo ride lmao

re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
 Jan 15 2008, 01:19:55 AM
I would love to see Nikki as Cassie - I'm sure she could handle the heavy dancing with all the crazy moves she has in LB.

I just saw ACL last week with Jessica Lea Patty as Cassie and I thought she and CD were about equal.

Dena DiGiacinto was adorable as Bebe too.

re: Closer
 Jan 9 2008, 01:51:52 AM
Wow I must live under a rock I had no idea it was even a play! Loved the movie though - strong performances by all. Especially Clive.
I'm glad though that Alice's character didn't have some disorder linked to self-mutilation in the movie. That would have been too much I feel and taken away (not amplified) the drama between her and Daniel.

re: pics of new MORITZ??
 Jan 9 2008, 01:38:00 AM
DRSislove: Wow that's amazing I've never seen an understudy of Marta.

Renthead: LOL that's hilarious!

Jan 8 2008, 09:21:00 PM
DRisLove: When you saw Gerard as Moritz was Matt Doyle Melchior? That's the show I was at and it was really different but as someone said earlier, "refreshing" in a way. I thought they interacted really well and Gerard had a great voice.
re: Spring Awakening on Sunday night
 Jan 8 2008, 09:15:58 PM
I was at that show as well - where Eryn debuted. She did very well and was so sweet at the stage door.
Is Lea really gone for the whole week? She's obviously fantastic but I would take advantage of the opportunity to see one of the other girls.

re: Anyone going to the 'Dreaming Wide Awake' CD Release Party @ Birdland
 Jan 8 2008, 09:12:33 PM
haha that picture is hilarious =)

70 people turned away?! That's crazy. Sounds like a great night, wish I would have gone.

re: Congrats Hairspray and Nikki
 Jan 8 2008, 02:38:00 AM
I thought Nikki's reaction was genuine and I was happy for her. She's adorable - the perfect Tracy.

re: If you could play one character...
 Jan 8 2008, 02:34:28 AM

FIRST: Susan - tick, tick...BOOM! She plays every female role. I was lucky enough to see this performed a couple years ago and I fell in love with her character.

Kim - Miss Saigon (too bad i'm white :-/)
Ivy - Bare
Wendla - Spring Awakening

Well I guess that's all. Although Rizzo in Grease would also be a lot of fun.

Jan 8 2008, 02:20:22 AM
"haha. i think gallagher had that same exact coat. i have a picture with him after a show from march. actually...maybe it was groff who had that jacket. hehe"

JGJ does have basically the identical jacket lol. I thought my roommate and I were the only people who noticed. Creeper points to you too!

I can't believe BB is 26!!!

Jan 7 2008, 12:39:31 AM
Here is a pic of blake bashoff the new Moritz and me (I hope I'm posting this correctly!)This is from the show on 12/27 (I think? lol)

He does resemble John Gallagher Jr IMO. His hair in the show looks just like JGJ's.
BTW I thought he did a GREAT job - John Gallagher is a tough act to follow!

re: What's next for Jenna Leigh Green?
 Jan 6 2008, 01:36:04 PM
I'm not too sure about her stage career at the moment, but have you taken a look at BARE: A Pop Opera? They just recorded the whole soundtrack on a 2 disk set (3 if you count the DVD!) It's really good and Jenna was one of the few originals of BARE to sing in the soundtrack. I would recommend looking into it, it's very good and all I've been able to listen to recently.
re: Overrated Musicals?
 Jan 6 2008, 03:28:55 AM
Wicked. And I really enjoyed it, but it just wasn't what I wanted. The set and performers were all fantastic, the music was amazing, but it was such a spectacle I felt like I was "having delusions of grandeur" the whole time. Much of what I described is what brought Wicked all of it's acclaim, but it just didn't suit me. I just got lost in all of it, and although I was entertained, I left the show taking nothing from it.
For me, the ability to relate to he characters and really be moved by t

re: SA Student Rush Question
 Jan 6 2008, 02:48:10 AM
I think that's generally true. Plus, on a Sunday with 2 performances, you should get lucky and be able to get good seats for the evening show if you arrive at a decent time.
I think on Sundays, with the box office opening at 12, many people go to matinees so they only have to kill an hour or so before seeing the show. My roomate and I when we rushed a Sunday, had no idea the box office opened at 12 lol. We were exhausted by the time we got our tickets - but were one of the first people to r

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You