pixeltracker

Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!

Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!

alfgiotir Profile Photo
alfgiotir
#1Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 6:46pm

Nikki Snelson, from Legally Blonde, has been auditioning for Cassie in A Chorus Line. She may be the new Cassie. She would be taking over for Charlotte D'Amboise

Nikkie Snelson next Cassie? Updated On: 1/14/08 at 06:46 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 6:48pm

You might want to fix your thread title.

That said, I could really picture her as Cassie. That could be good.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Yankeefan007
#2re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 6:51pm

How about just "auditioning?"

"Undergoing" has such a negative connotation to it. About to undergo surgery. In the midst of undergoing chemotherapy. See where I'm going with this?

mijofly19
#3re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 6:57pm

Has attendance really gotten so bad these days that there is only one member of a show that opened just 9 months ago who hasn't missed a performance?

Yankeefan007
#4re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 7:02pm

Hey, if you can't beat 'em.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#5re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 7:03pm

Well, most of the cast has only missed one or two shows. Orfeh missed one because of an emergency problem with her throat, and we all know she never calls out. Also, before she left, Annaleigh Ashford had never missed a show. Most of the ensemble is almost never out. The only people I notice who are out somewhat often are Tracy Jai Edwards, Haven Burton, and Laura Bell Bundy.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#6re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 7:06pm

Well, I imagine the heavy auditions for the role of Cassie must merit using the word "undergoing."
Having said that, I want me some Natascia Diaz or Rachelle Rak--who perhaps would be better as Sheila.
As long as they don't announce Jenna Elfman....

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#7re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 7:14pm

Nikki Snelson can definitely dance. i could see her in the role.

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#8re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 7:23pm

that would make me go see ACL again. Nikki is so talented.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#9re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 7:51pm

I'm not sure why there's talk of attendance on this thread but since there is, if you're not counting vacations, Andy Karl has never missed a show and Orfeh and Nikki Snelson have missed one show each. There is alot of missing shows at LB. The week Orfeh and Andy were on vacation was a little embarrassing.

As for Nikki Snelson and ACL, I thought CD was staying?

dancingthrulife04
#10re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 8:01pm

Oops.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler
Updated On: 1/14/08 at 08:01 PM

dancingthrulife04
#11re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 8:01pm

As for Nikki Snelson and ACL, I thought CD was staying?

Not for too much longer. She extended her contract back in July.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#12re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 8:02pm

Maybe they want a Cassie who can actually do 8 shows a week.

Charlotte started off doing just that. But, as time went by they ended up having to have someone go on Wednesday afternoons.

I think that when your a member of the original cast and they can all do the full 8 shows a week and you can't. Then it is time to go.

Nikki would be a great choice. She is an amazing dancer and an amazingly nice person.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

dancingthrulife04
#13re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 8:05pm

Maybe they want a Cassie who can actually do 8 shows a week.

Charlotte started off doing just that. But, as time went by they ended up having to have someone go on Wednesday afternoons.

She doesn't do all 8 shows, but she does Wednesday afternoons. Just felt like pointing that out.

Yankeefan007
#14re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 8:08pm

d'Amboise takes off Thursdays and Sundays. She does both 2-show days.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#15re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 8:18pm

Sorry,

They must have changed the schedule of when she went on.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Fosse76
#16re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 8:26pm

Oy...Charlotte only does 6 shows a week because she wanted to spend more time with her family...she wanted to leave and the powers-that-be wanted her to stay. So this was the compromise.
As for the auditions, they are sending out a national company, so those auditions could be for the tour.

Yankeefan007
#17re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 8:27pm

No, winston, there were no changes. That was the schedule since she re-signed.

dancingthrulife04
#18re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 8:31pm

Sorry,

They must have changed the schedule of when she went on.

Ah, no. It's always been Thursdays and Sundays.

As for the auditions, they are sending out a national company, so those auditions could be for the tour.

Could be.

dancingthrulife04
#19re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 10:56pm

Slightly related... apparently Dena DiGiacinto is the new Bebe. Weird that they put her up on the website so early, but oh well.
ACL cast page

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#20re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 11:08pm

Nikki Snelson is an amazing talent, dancing and singing wise and I would love love LOVE to see her in ACL.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but even if she re-signed....she could give notice and leave if she gets the role. The contract isn't binding, it just requires notice...right?

Regardless, I wish her teh best of luck. I'm sure she would be a kick-ass Cassie and her attendance would remain just as stellar.

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#21re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 11:10pm

After I read that I thought she would be perfect. I am sure she will get the role if she is discussing it. The girl has talent and deserves to be recogized.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#22re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 11:12pm

Granted, anything would be an upgrade from D'Amboise, but even still Nikki Snelson would make a GREAT Cassie.

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#23re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 11:15pm

Charlotte D'Amboise was fantastic when I saw her.

Since Cassie is the role an someone a little older than the other dancers, Do you think Nikki would suit the role? How old is Nikki Snelson? She may not look old enough for the role.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#24re: Nikki Snelson (LB) could be next Cassie in ACL!
Posted: 1/14/08 at 11:18pm

Jessica Lea Patty understudies Cassie and she looks the same age if not younger than Nikki. I remember Jessica told me that Cassie could be 32ish so I think Nikki wouldn't look that off.

Videos