News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MomofOZ

Member Name: MomofOZ
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dorothy Collins
 Nov 11 2014, 07:43:10 PM
Hi there,
This is Dorothy's daughter Melissa again. Just wanted you to know that the story of Alexis telling Mom she didn't realize how good she was as Sally is true. Meant the world to Mom!

Dorothy Collins
 Sep 23 2014, 04:19:22 PM
I want to thank everyone for their kind words regarding my mother's performance in Follies. She would be so thrilled to know after all these years, that her Sally touched you in some way.
Jayinchelsea: I loved Margery Beddow and was so sad to hear of her passing. Mom and Margery toured in Ballroom together. I was just 11 years old at the time, but have many fond memories of hanging out with Margery and Mary Ann Niles!! It was a wonderful cast and I loved touring with them as well!
mamal

Dorothy Collins
 Sep 12 2014, 03:35:34 PM
I had to respond to the subject of Bernadette crying. My mother had zero patience for anyone who has tears streaming down their face while singing. You can not sing while crying.... it is physically impossible when you're feeling something so strongly enough to cry over. And therefore, anyone who cries while singing comes across as fake. One of the many things my mother (Dorothy Collins) taught me on performing. :)
Sirius Broadway Channel
 May 2 2013, 01:07:44 PM
Does anyone know why the Broadway channel is not playing selections from the OBC album of Follies?? They used to play them often, but I haven't heard any in months!

Thanks!

OBCR of FOLLIES remixed and remastered!
 Aug 7 2012, 03:08:21 PM
Hi there,

This is Dorothy Collins daughter, Melissa. I haven't been on this board in a couple of years and decided to check it out today and came across this thread. Is it possible for me to get a copy of this remastered recording???
Thank you,
M

Sondheim Celebration on 3/16
 Apr 30 2010, 06:32:20 AM
Jewishboy...it's interesting you thought John McMartin was singing to Dorothy Collins....please go to my website www.rememberingdorothycollins.com and read what he wrote on the Memories page.
Quite the insight you have

stage door advice for Victor Garber
 Mar 5 2010, 01:44:25 PM
Me too!! He did Tenor with my dad over 20 years ago, but whenever I've seen Victor since, he has been nothing but kind and charming. Love him!
New Dorothy Collins website
 Feb 26 2010, 05:49:07 PM
We just added new videos of Dorothy singing live on the Jerry Lewis Telethon in 1968 and 1975. Please check it out!
PBS to Air NY Phil's Sondheim: The Birthday Concert
 Feb 26 2010, 08:15:55 AM
I know John McMartin is singing "The Road You Didn't Take"
Taylor Hicks in Memphis?
 Feb 20 2010, 06:09:50 AM
well, that's good...I hope I'm wrong!!
Taylor Hicks in Memphis?
 Feb 19 2010, 02:33:48 PM
A friend of mine does hair at one of the theatres the tour came to. He said the EGO was unbelievable...not a very nice guy.
Taylor Hicks in Memphis?
 Feb 18 2010, 07:49:39 AM
Have any of you heard about what he's like to work with?? I don't want to say anything that's already been talked about. :)
 Feb 16 2010, 02:17:54 PM
BUMP!
 Feb 15 2010, 01:29:58 PM
Just added a new photo I found in my collection of the Follies cast taking their bows. Neat picture :)

Melissa

Oliver Cast Recording
 Feb 15 2010, 12:28:18 PM
I would purchase the Original London Cast version. Simply due to Georgia Brown. I adore her voice!! Plus, you also get Ron Moody..that best Fagin ever!
 Feb 15 2010, 12:10:26 PM
Thank you...we felt the same way!!! We are very proud of her!
 Feb 15 2010, 09:09:55 AM
Hello!

I am here to announce that Dorothy's daughters have created a website to honor Dorothy and her career. There is a full biography, pictures, videos, a memory page where anyone can share their thoughts ( several Follies friends have already done so...John McMartin's is especially moving)and much more.

Hope you enjoy!!!
Melissa

re: An observation on Follies and Grey Gardens
 Feb 18 2008, 04:29:43 PM
"The part I don't get is why the dead Dorothy Collins and the dead Little Edie would be friends"

I'm not sure I follow that either...

My mother was nothing like Sally. The only reason they would be friends is because my mother would be unbelievably kind and caring towards Little Edie.

re: Most Romantic Showtunes
 Jan 29 2008, 12:16:04 PM
"Last Night of the World"-Miss Saigon

"Not a Day Goes By"- Merrily We Roll Along

re: The Follies Movie Casting Thread
 Jan 22 2008, 09:22:02 AM
Ok, I just searched IMDB for people who are turning 50 this year. I just picked out well known names that could possibly work. What do you think....
Miranda Richardson
Sharon Stone ( Carlotta maybe?)
Holly Hunter( if she can lose the accent)
Alec Baldwin
Michelle Pfeiffer
Annette Bening
Kevin Bacon ( he can dance..maybe Buddy)
Angela Basset
Madonna
Shaun Cassidy (my childhood crush)
Tim Robbins
Megan Mullaly
Bebe Neuwirth

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You