Oliver Cast Recording

Roger246 Profile Photo
Roger246
#1Oliver Cast Recording
Posted: 2/15/10 at 12:14pm

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering which cast recording of Oliver I should buy?

I don't have any of them in my collection.

Thanks in advance!

MomofOZ
#2Oliver Cast Recording
Posted: 2/15/10 at 12:28pm

I would purchase the Original London Cast version. Simply due to Georgia Brown. I adore her voice!! Plus, you also get Ron Moody..that best Fagin ever!

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#2Oliver Cast Recording
Posted: 2/15/10 at 2:49pm

1994 London cast with Sally Dexter's rough and ready Nancy and Adam Searles' nifty Dodger.

Scripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
#3Oliver Cast Recording
Posted: 2/15/10 at 2:50pm

1994 London cast with Sally Dexter's rough and ready Nancy and Adam Searles' nifty Dodger.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#4Oliver Cast Recording
Posted: 2/15/10 at 3:21pm

London Revival with Jonathan Pyrce as Fagin. Fricking incredible!

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#5Oliver Cast Recording
Posted: 2/15/10 at 3:26pm

I have the original Broadway, and I love it. It came with bonus tracks, like LuPone's "As Long As He Needs Me" and a couple tracks from the London recording, including Ron Moody's "Reviewing the Situation." Also some interview clips with Donald Pippin about the original Broadway run.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Roger246 Profile Photo
Roger246
#6Oliver Cast Recording
Posted: 2/15/10 at 9:03pm

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I think I am going to go with either the Original London or the 1994 London.

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#7Oliver Cast Recording
Posted: 2/15/10 at 9:36pm

For an all around great recording go with the 1994 London production. There is not a single bad performer in the cast.

Videos