pixeltracker

stage door advice for Victor Garber

stage door advice for Victor Garber

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#1stage door advice for Victor Garber
Posted: 3/5/10 at 11:16am

Has anyone tried stage dooring Present Laughter after a matinee on 2-show days? I'm wondering if Victor Garber comes out in between shows. (Hopefully he comes out after evening performances.) Thanks!

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Ryguy7 Profile Photo
Ryguy7
#2stage door advice for Victor Garber
Posted: 3/5/10 at 11:23am

I'm curious as to where you can do this? When I went to the evening show, I was told by the usher there were 3 exits for the theatre, so they never know which one he will leave from. I didn't bother hanging around to try and find out..

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#2stage door advice for Victor Garber
Posted: 3/5/10 at 11:29am

When I saw it, noone was waiting for him to sign, so I didn't want to be the only one. But there was a car waiting at the door on 43rd street where the bigger stars, in my experience, have always left from including Harry Conick Jr, Matthew Broderick, Sienna Miller.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#3stage door advice for Victor Garber
Posted: 3/5/10 at 11:38am

When I saw it, Victor came out of the door on 43rd. He was very nice and signed and took pictures for those of us who were waiting, even though it was freezing.

That was an evening show. I don't know if he comes out after matinees.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#4stage door advice for Victor Garber
Posted: 3/5/10 at 11:42am

When I saw the car waiting it was after last Saturday's matinee. I assumed it was for him.

TulitaPepsi Profile Photo
TulitaPepsi
#5stage door advice for Victor Garber
Posted: 3/5/10 at 11:57am

Victor's cool. You should have no problem getting him to sign and pose for pictures. He's also about 50 times handsomer up close and in person than he is on film (though he looks mighty fine there too).

"Hurry up and get into your conga clothes - we've got to do something to save this show!"

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#6stage door advice for Victor Garber
Posted: 3/5/10 at 12:52pm

I'll agree with that!

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

MomofOZ
#7stage door advice for Victor Garber
Posted: 3/5/10 at 1:44pm

Me too!! He did Tenor with my dad over 20 years ago, but whenever I've seen Victor since, he has been nothing but kind and charming. Love him!

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#8stage door advice for Victor Garber
Posted: 3/10/10 at 10:07am

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, but thank you all for your advice! I'm looking forward to meeting him!

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

wonkit
#9stage door advice for Victor Garber
Posted: 3/10/10 at 7:25pm

I was fortunate enough to meet him a few years back during DAMN YANKEES. I will second all the opinions on nice and handsome. Garber is a real gentleman.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#10stage door advice for Victor Garber
Posted: 3/10/10 at 8:39pm

The title of the thread makes it sound like you have advice for Victor Garber as to how to stage door properly. stage door advice for Victor Garber

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#11stage door advice for Victor Garber
Posted: 3/10/10 at 8:53pm

Exactly what I was thinking!

A friend told me that several years ago she had stage doored a play Victor was in (I think it was Art) and it was cold and wet outside. When he got to the door and saw them waiting for him, he invited them all inside so they could get out of the cold. He spent time signing, posing for pics with them, and answering any questions they had. It was a very nice gesture from a very nice man.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

Videos