News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for suicidalmickeymouse

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
Member Name: suicidalmickeymouse
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews  Feb 25 2024, 02:03:27 PM

I forgot to add that there was an opening night gift taped to the seats in an envelope. A cute beaded elephant bracelet!

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 25 2024, 12:24:34 AM

His performance was great. We were initially very sad to miss Cardoza after seeing him in go on in Jagged and then Moulin Rouge. But he was great. Beautifully sung and sublimely acted. A treat!

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews  Feb 24 2024, 11:55:21 PM

First preview fun tidbits:

-Isabella McCalla gave a short speech/ after  curtain shout out to the cast and crew making their debut tonight. 

-A hilarious mishap occurred at the very end of the show when an ensemble member entered too early loud and proud with their line announcing the cab was here. Everyone in the scene just looked at him and just kept talking and he ran off. My husband didn’t even catch it was weird until 45 seconds later when

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews  Feb 24 2024, 09:55:54 PM

Intermission is wrapping up here. The audience is loving it. Paul Alexander Nolan is giving an outstanding performance. The thrilling circus parts are great, there are a few too many slow moments and the score is pleasant to hear but hasn’t stuck with me. Some great visual moments throughout all design- scenic, lighting, and costume.  Hoping to be more emotionally moved by the second act but I can say that it has the makings of a successful show that I think many would enjoy. Will

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Jan 28 2024, 08:42:03 PM

I came in here to say that over the past week or so I’ve seen a lot more people talking about the absences on Facebook and Instagram on Merrily’s ads. Just an observation that it seems to be reaching the “wider public” and that they’re not happy it was a surprise even though they enjoyed the understudy. 

Aaron Lazar’s ALS Diagnosis  Jan 1 2024, 09:29:33 PM

Ugh. What a gut punch. 

He is so talented and I’m hoping for whatever the best possible outcome is.

The Avett Brothers’ SWEPT AWAY musical at Arena Stage  Dec 6 2023, 07:52:15 AM

Saw this last night and thought it was fantastic. The leading 4 men all did a really incredible job. The lighting was amazing and the set received a round of applause. I’ve been thinking a lot about it and hope to take a trip back to see it again to catch some nuances I may have missed by going in blind outside of the title, cast, they were on a big ship, and that the music was by The Avett Brothers which I had heard of in passing but knew nothing about. I thought the music worked well

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread  Nov 4 2023, 03:25:41 AM

He’s leaving 12/17 apparently. What a short contract!

OFFICIAL: SUFFS to open at Music Box Theatre, April 18, 2024  Oct 19 2023, 10:29:58 PM

The new artwork looks like Six to me.

GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! Previews  Oct 7 2023, 03:09:34 PM

It’s unknown as of now about tonight. Josh said in his video he’s hoping to be treated and go on tonight. I happen to have tix for tonight, and will be happy either way. Russell is HILARIOUS. One of my favorite actors I’ve ever seen in Titanique.

GUTENBERG! THE MUSICAL! Previews  Oct 7 2023, 12:55:21 PM

Josh Gad is out dealing with a medical emergency per his insta, Russell makes his Broadway debut at 2!

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed  Oct 7 2023, 12:43:49 PM

A friend said Dennis O’Hare was back in last night. How many did he miss?

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Sep 29 2023, 08:06:04 AM

I also heard Laurel Harris talking about how strict they are on Broadway with riffs/opt ups.  I wish that weren’t the case, it’s one of my favorite things about seeing the show live. 

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Sep 28 2023, 10:04:55 PM

Makes complete sense. I can absolutely co-sign that she was not particularly memorable in the acting department. And if it was a night with less riffs and opt ups, I could also definitely understand the Wicked Mid label, lol. 

Sondheim/Ives HERE WE ARE @ The Shed  Sep 28 2023, 10:01:38 PM

I’m interested in the run time, if anyone can report back!

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?  Sep 28 2023, 05:41:31 PM

Wow, I’m surprised to see you say Alyssa Fox did nothing for you vocally! I’ve seen Wicked and 19x since 2007 and when I saw her as standby this past January I thought she was one of the best I’d ever heard sing the role. I also really enjoy the videos of her time from Frozen. 

I wonder if perhaps she’s under the weather or singing it more conservatively now that she’s the lead. 

Telecharge different availability Mobile Site vs Desktop site?  Aug 13 2023, 09:21:02 AM

I, too, have noticed this about Telecharge. So weird, right?

SPAMALOT To Play The St James This Fall  Aug 9 2023, 10:05:23 AM

Jeez, what a disappointment. I already saw at the Kennedy Center, so without an exciting replacement I don’t plan to return. I guess they’re banking on the show’s title to sell tix?

Shoulda transferred Sunset Blvd instead. Now that was a show. 

Titanique  Jul 30 2023, 12:54:00 PM

I have only ever found the beginning to land when the Seaman is played by Avionce Hoyles. I def miss him!

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)  Jul 19 2023, 12:06:11 PM

I got tickets a little before noon. There was a lot available.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You