News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for webcomix

webcomix Profile Photo
Member Name: webcomix
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
 Apr 12 2010, 07:06:59 PM
Hercules and Enchanted, if they can pull it off.

I love Newsies, but I think that's going to be difficult, with all the kids. But hey, they managed Annie, Oliver, and Billy...so I guess we can see where it goes.

What do people think of Miss Saigon?
 Apr 12 2010, 07:04:18 PM
I love Miss Saigon. Though my friend and I have also dubbed it as "the saddest musical ever written." (Note: This is opinion.)

re: TLM: Ariel's original wig
 Oct 21 2009, 11:16:34 PM
Well, is the Broadway one different from those that the face characters wear at Disneyland?
re: Sex in Theater Paper - Examples Needed
 Oct 20 2009, 11:22:12 PM
Lysistrata is all about WITHOLDING sex.
re: Best movie based on a musical
 Aug 22 2009, 02:56:11 PM
I also really like West Side Story. But my favorites are probably Little Shop of Horrors and Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
re: Strange images that haunt your mind while listening to specific songs
 Aug 22 2009, 12:18:16 AM
Whenever I listen to "It's Gonna Be Good" from Next to Normal, I like to see it played out in cartoon, complete with Snow White-esque bluebirds and bunnies joyfully hopping around Dan as he sings.
re: Into The Woods! what's your favorite song!
 Aug 19 2009, 02:10:34 PM
Giants In the Sky
Prologue
No One Is Alone
Agony

re: Musicals You Wish You'd Seen
 Jul 23 2009, 11:45:28 AM
A Chorus Line original

Nothing else immediately comes to mind, except for perhaps the original run of of Into the Woods too.

re: Wicked Movie Question
 Jul 17 2009, 12:24:34 AM
I think Amy Adams would make a good Glinda.
Awkward Stage Door Moments
 Jul 1 2009, 02:48:13 AM
I have a few contributions C:

In the Heights - it was less than a week after LMM had left when I went to see it. I had the souvenir program and was planning to ask every cast member to sign their respective "character" pages. When I opened it to Usnavi's page for Javier Munoz, he was really pleased and said, "Oh! You know who I was in the show!" and I was actually surprised to hear that, and said without thinking, "Other people don't?" But he just laughed a little bit and said "Yeah."

re: Enchanted: The Musical
 Jul 1 2009, 02:10:05 AM
Personally, I'd love to see Hercules as a stage musical. Don't really know how to pull it off, but I think the music is so fun.
re: Official
 Jul 1 2009, 01:40:02 AM
No James, George, Liam?
:3

Not saying this very seriously though. I get that at the moment people are all about the Broadway Billys.

Hilarious Comments...
 Jun 24 2009, 10:00:41 PM
BUMPing for love!

I'm sorry I don't really have any of my own stories to add.

re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Jun 16 2009, 06:29:09 AM
I just about died with laughter. I went through this entire thread, oh what gems!

I died especially at the HKAPA SMS one because that's my friend playing Dorothy O.O I totally understand why people find it hilarious (I kind of do, as well) - but just for the record, it's their summer musical, so I think that (probably) most of the cast AREN'T APA students, who at least, in my opinion, are terrific dancers. I don't know anyone taking voice there anymore though, so I won't speak for it.

re: Broadway Crush?
 Jun 13 2009, 03:24:48 AM
Wow. I totally checked back posts and actually found one I wrote maybe a year ago. Anyhoo, I've got to admit that I find Jason Tam and Jarrod Spector painfully irresistible.

But I STILL swoon over Michael Maguire in Les Mis. Always will.

re: 4 Billys and 2 Michaels??? I'm confused...
 Jun 10 2009, 02:07:30 PM
Oh...well, that sort of disappoints me, because I thought that perhaps he came back because he's also American. But hey, the Londoners can enjoy his performances too C:
re: 4 Billys and 2 Michaels??? I'm confused...
 Jun 10 2009, 01:52:42 PM
Actually, there are five Billys in rotation right now: David, Trent, Kiril, Tommy and the newest is Tanner Pflueger who, like Trent, had done the part in London but came back to the US.
re: 'BE' Tonight (6/9)
 Jun 10 2009, 12:25:39 PM
Oh dear :C I guess this means that I won't be seeing David perform, since I'm definitely not going to NY anytime soon. I did watch Kiril though, and he was just amazing. Dances like a maniac, in a good way.
re: Billy Elliot Kids
 Jun 8 2009, 10:14:51 AM
Trent was the one performing. Although I enjoyed the performance, I was also a bit disappointed not to see more of Kiril and David. After all, Trent also got to fly in the opening number....

But I also believe that Trent is the best at tap, so I'm not surprised they chose him to do that song.

re: Songs That Sound Suspiciously Similar
 Jun 4 2009, 01:00:34 AM
So, I dutifully checked all the previous posts to see if anyone had posted these:

The first one I'm not going to take full credit for because Seth Rudetsky talked about it on one of his deconstructions, but I always notice it now: the beginning of "In the Heights" from In the Heights and "America" from West Side Story.

And I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes I'm reminded of Jason Robert Brown's the Last Five Years when listening to Tom Kitt's next to normal, ESPECIALLY

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You