News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ULCard

Member Name: ULCard
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: A couple of neat pictures from the original production of THE WIZ
 Jan 23 2008, 04:27:56 PM
Definitely seems that a revival would be good since there have to be many people who either never saw it before or were too young to remember much of it. Lots of shows would be appreciated now from the older days.
re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
 Jan 23 2008, 04:19:25 PM
She definitely has a great voice that needs to be heard by more and more people.
re: Clay On The View!
 Jan 23 2008, 04:09:27 PM
The difference in interpretation is usually the same agenda in everything else, people see and hear WHAT THEY WANT. I think I even recall that statement from another time.
re: my illustration of XANADU!
 Jan 23 2008, 02:39:28 AM
Wow, they are great. I totally love Xanadu.
 Jan 23 2008, 02:32:45 AM
That big guy that is always with him was originally assigned to the whole AI tour, and then was assigned specifically to Clay because of all the uproar everywhere he went. He's still using the same guy 5 years later.

I was wondering what happened to Reuben. Thanks for clearing that up.

Ah, not funny for poor Ruben. He's a good guy.

Reviews of Clay in Spamalot?
 Jan 22 2008, 11:12:51 PM
I'm not sure what "carrying on" refers to in regard to the fans. I watched the videos that used to be on You Tube of Spamalot with David Hyde Pierce in the part and it seemed to be the fans whooped and hollered in various parts of it as well. I thought that was the fun thing about Spamalot as opposed to some other Broadway shows - it's meant to be fun and enjoyed, it's not the typical Broadway show. The cast coming out the stage door has been saying how they have loved the enthusiasm, so I gu
 Jan 22 2008, 11:01:21 PM
You have to be kidding about because it was second season that he knew. They auditioned just as season 1 was finishing. NO one knew what would become of it. It wasn't till they were almost through their entire season before Kelly even had her CD out. How were they supposed to know. There had been tons of "talent shows" on TV in the past, Star Search, the old Ted Mack, etc, and NOTHING had ever blown up and become anything like what the people on AI went through. Most people never even hear
 Jan 22 2008, 01:55:38 PM
"Apparently someone tried to rush the stage at his first performance."

Do these people think he's the reincarnation of Elvis?

Strange I have read quite a few recaps by people who went to the various shows over the weekend and not one mention was made anywhere by anyone about the stage being rushed -- other than by the press Friday night taking all the pictures of the closing and curtain calls. I think someone is pulling your leg or you are trying to pull ours. I d

Jan 22 2008, 01:17:42 PM
I would think his comments are more on the lines of not being used to being there or anywhere other than home for that long of a stretch at a time. Remember, he's not used to living there or being in a play or any setting night after night. He's used to being on a bus in a different city, doing whatever he wants night after night, not the same exact lines, movements, songs, etc. I can totally understand that in some ways as I used to travel a lot for my job. It's great and I love it, but the
 Jan 22 2008, 01:11:42 PM
Because any professional director would put out a release saying how much he hates the newest casting choice.

What the hell do all of you expect Nichols to say?

I'm pretty sure Mel Brooks released a statement saying how much he loved Henry Goodman and how great a replacement he would be for Nathan Lane...

Not saying that but I think people know how to say things without saying more than they want. I don't see a reason Nichols would be over the top if he d

re: Reviews of Clay in Spamalot?
 Jan 22 2008, 07:37:37 AM
I've seen it with DHP and thought he was really good. Love the dead pan looks. His character had some great lines and parts. It will be interesting to see how Clay Aiken can do them. I have seen him on Kimmel a few times and he has good chemistry with him at having fun and shooting one-lines off the cuff, so he may be able to pull it off. Definitely has a voice that would work, especially since the part, while great, is not what you would call vocally challenging for a good singer. Maybe t
re: SPAMALOT - HANNAH WADDINGHAM
 Jan 22 2008, 07:29:34 AM
I've heard her sing before. Boy is she ever good. Hope to see this show before she leaves.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You