pixeltracker

"Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage."

"Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage."

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#1"Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage."
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:48pm

COME BACK TO BROADWAY!!!!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#2re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:50pm

Let's hope she does. She has an amazing voice.

Mick2 Profile Photo
Mick2
#2re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:54pm

^^ Yes, she does. I luuuuurve her.

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#3re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 6:54pm

She is definitely a performer that I would LOVE to see on stage.

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

timrobb
#4re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:06pm

how about elphie??

MiniMenzel08
#5re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:08pm

yes she does!!! I love her!!! she's amazing!!!!

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#6re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:15pm

She's incredible ! Broadway needs her ASAP !

futurenala Profile Photo
futurenala
#7re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:17pm

I love her voice!

"Robin De Jesus has issues"~ JANET DACAL "Yeah, and that's putting it lightly"~ ANDREA BURNS "If you watched CBS on June 15th , I was nominated for a Tony... And I was in Camp"~ ROBIN DE JESUS "...but I ^&#$@*% made you believe I was Italian!"~MATTHEW MORRISON http://legallybrownonbroadway.com/

Cartwheel
#8re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:27pm

Oh yes, she is sorely missed. What a voice!

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#9re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:31pm

I don't think that Wicked is the best show for her. If Guys and Dolls were to come, she could make an interesting Sarah.

pushdabutton Profile Photo
pushdabutton
#10re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 7:54pm

Heather's return to Broadway is long overdue.

HoshiForever Profile Photo
HoshiForever
somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#12re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 8:05pm

Didn't she just say in an interview last year that she was beginning to look at theatrical scripts again for the first time in a long time?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

MiniMenzel08
#13re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 8:59pm

let's hope so!!!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#14re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:03pm

Jewishboy, Heather Headley as Sarah in GUYS & DOLLS? I don't see it. To me she lacks the subtlety, charisma, and unacknowledged sexiness that the role calls for. Anika Noni Rose would be a much better choice. What has Headley done that suggests she would be good for Sarah Brown? If anything, she would be okay as Miss Adelaide (though I don't think she is right for any role in GUYS & DOLLS--the fact that I dislike her doesn't help much either).

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#15re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:06pm

I LOVE her, and I don't see her as either role in GUYS & DOLLS.

I say let her do another original show!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

MiniMenzel08
#16re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:09pm

"I say let her do another original show!"

I agree!!!!

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#17re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:11pm

Her performance (based on the recording) in the Encores! cast of DO Re Mi suggests that she could handle Sarah. Both Anika Noni Rose and she probably don't have the legit soprano, but I actually feel that Heather Headley would just fit into that style better. If we were going by her Broadway work then I would understand your hesitations, but I think she is excellent on the Do Re Mi recording.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#18re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:12pm

When I first read this thread, I thought it said, "Heath Ledger, you're needed on the stage." Poor guy. Okay back to the Headley discussion.

MiniMenzel08
jigblob Profile Photo
jigblob
#20re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:22pm

why hasn't she been on broadway in so long?

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#21re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:23pm

I have to get my hands on the DO RE MI cast recording then.
Her butchering of "Ain't No Party" with all the screaming and screeching makes me fear what she would do with the precious Loesser score.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

husk_charmer
#22re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:33pm

I'd like to see her double as Evilene and Glinda in THE WIZ. I think she's too old for Dorothy now.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#23re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:44pm

Yes, she couldn't reach some of those notes in that number, but I think that in every other number she is amazing (especially in the scene right before "Family").

LeadingDude Profile Photo
LeadingDude
#24re: 'Heather Headley, you're needed on the stage.'
Posted: 1/22/08 at 9:58pm

Heather Headley is by far my favorite broadway performer. As much as I would love to see her as Elphaba, it would never happen and I think she is too tall to play Celie. I just hope and pray for the right show to come along for her.
Updated On: 1/22/08 at 09:58 PM

Videos