News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kaz2

Kaz2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Kaz2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: GALLIPOLI
 Aug 13 2008, 07:10:31 AM
No unfortunately, as I live in another State - have heard good things about it though.
re: Melbourne Wicked reviews-spoliers
 Aug 13 2008, 07:05:04 AM
brettystar, just letting you know I tried for the lottery last weekend for the afternoon session, seeing as I had to be in the city that night anyway. No luck, but I've never won anything in my life, so to be expected. I was soooo tempted to just pay full price and go anyway, but I resisted, and went window shopping instead. I might try next time on a Wednesday like you suggested, when I can get a day off work that is.

Lucy's lip smacking in Popular is a crack up.

Aug 3 2008, 11:45:27 PM
Thanks for the clarification re Rob Guest, brettystar. No doubt his voice has deteriorated somewhat since Phantom, but as you say, it goes along with getting older. I noticed too that Maggie pretty much spoke all of her Morrible lines, but her background is in acting of course, not singing.

Nice photos. Lucy so much looks a Galinda, doesn't she. Her sense of comedy was so good, she milked every drop of laughter out of each and every funny line.

Thanks for the tip about the rest

Aug 3 2008, 11:09:05 PM
Thanks for your post brettystar. I've seen the Melbourne show twice so far too, and really enjoyed it on each occasion. The set and costumes were worth seeing in themselves, and I thought the entire cast was great, each with particular strengths they brought to their roles.

I'm interested to know why you found Rob Guest a disappointment as The Wizard. I thought he did a good job, although he did struggle a bit to reach some of the higher notes. Was that the problem for you?

Lu

re: WICKED Australia starts previews today...
 Jun 29 2008, 12:08:05 AM
I saw the Saturday night preview and think the whole production looks in really great shape. I can't deny a tinge of disappointment at not getting to see Amanda, but the alternate Elphaba did a great job. After reading Khashoggi's comments regarding her lack of preparation, it makes her performance even more amazing. Well done to her.

Re the question about Callea, I thought he did the job he's meant to do very well. He was an extremely cute Boq and a crowd pleaser. I don't imagine he'll

re: Wicked: Australia Casting Rumours
 Feb 1 2008, 11:16:46 PM
LOL. The rumours are flying thick and fast now, can't wait till the true cast is revealed.

Here's a link to a recent interview with John Frost that I found on the web.

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2008/jan/27/wicked-experience/

I know that gossip columns aren't an authoritative source of information but for what it's worth, according to the Herald Sun only yesterday, Rachael Beck, Rob Mills and Anthony Callea have signed, and Adam Garcia will be playing the 'male lead'. I also read in the same column earlier in the week that Jolene Anderson was offered a role, but turned it down because there'll be a TV show that traces rehearsals and opening night, and she thought that would be too intrusive.

re: Wicked: Australia Casting Rumours
 Jan 28 2008, 04:04:10 AM
I saw Anthony in Rent and was pleasantly surprised by his acting. I do agree though that he'd be best suited to a role requiring a big sing rather than a big act as his voice is obviously his strength.

I agree that Sylvie Paladino is a great talent and I'd be happy to see her in the role of Elphaba. I keep seeing Amanda Harrison's name as rumoured to have got this role rather than Pippa Grandison though.

Please don't let Rob Mills be cast as Fiyero, or anything for that matter.

Reviews of Clay in Spamalot?
 Jan 28 2008, 03:31:13 AM
Living in Australia, I've unfortunately got no hope of seeing Clay in Spamalot. I'm a big fan of his voice though, first learning of him through discussions about American Idol on an Australian discussion board. It sounds on the whole as though he has done pretty well in this foray into musical theatre, good on him.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You