News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Blonde

Blonde Profile Photo
Member Name: Blonde
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I have an unfortunate personality.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: spring awakening: clearly the greatest musical ever produced on the gr  Jun 11 2007, 03:50:45 PM
I am 18 and I wanted Grey Gardens to win the Tony.
re: Witches of Eastwick- Signature Theatre  Jun 10 2007, 11:54:20 AM
I need to get my tickets for this soon. I really want to see it.
re: Maureen Moore in Grey Gardens this afternoon  Jun 10 2007, 10:36:06 AM
I thought Moore was wonderful when I saw her in GG. It makes me sad that people can be so negative towards her performance simply because she isn't ebersole. As other people have stated only ebersole is ebersole.
re: Victoria Clark to Record Solo Disc!  May 16 2007, 04:53:38 PM
this makes me so happy!!
re: The Official Tony Nominations Thread  May 15 2007, 03:22:57 PM
As someone who has only seen Maureen Moore in Grey Gardens I think it has a great deal of merit outside of Christine Ebersole and Mary Louise Wilson (who was great as well), and it is reflected in the nominations and I am happy that it got some well deserved nods. I'm sure Christine is wonderful, but for those who think that GG simply cannot survive without her I wonder if you have seen Moore in the role. If you have that's a different story, but if you haven't then to say that the entire show h
re: Outer Critics Circle Award Winners  May 14 2007, 03:47:54 PM
thanks jordangirl! I don't live in the city so I still wouldn't get a chance to see it there, but I'll have to check and see if it tours in my area.
re: Outer Critics Circle Award Winners  May 13 2007, 08:11:25 PM
hooray karen ziemba and frank langella! I really wish that I had gotten the chance to see No Child.
re: Karen Ziemba  May 13 2007, 12:18:00 PM
What a depressing thought, Rath. I hope you find it!
re: Karen Ziemba  May 13 2007, 12:09:59 PM
I adore Karen Ziemba. I thought she was great in Curtains but I wish the role was a little more fleshed out, it could have been even better. Also loved seeing her here in DC.

I Wanna Be a Rockette anyone? Makes me grin like an idiot.

re: GREY GARDENS for Best Musical 2007  May 11 2007, 06:44:41 PM
hooray! count me in!
re: Nominess Announced for 2007 Broadway.com Audience Awards: Spring Awaken  May 11 2007, 05:03:49 PM
i got tears coming out of my nose? sounds tony worthy to me! but what do I know.
re: Nominess Announced for 2007 Broadway.com Audience Awards: Spring Awaken  May 11 2007, 04:50:52 PM
the new broadway song choices are interesting....no another winter in a summer town? i miss the music? anything that isn't from spring awakening? (not that i'm against it) but come on people.
re: Riedel on the Tony Nominations  May 11 2007, 04:19:31 PM
I would still really like to see the documentary, haven't gotten around to it yet, as you are probably right. I was just responding to a comment earlier on whether or not it was possible to enjoy grey gardens the musical without seeing the doc first, and in my experience it was.
re: Riedel on the Tony Nominations  May 11 2007, 03:49:07 PM
I saw Grey Gardens without seeing the documentary and really enjoyed it. So at least for me, my enjoyment of it did not hinge on seeing the source material.

Riedel's points seem valid, it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

re: When I think about it...Is Wicked THAT good?  May 11 2007, 03:38:06 PM
"People just start not liking something because it was successful."

Or maybe people just saw flaws in the show that you didn't.

re: When I think about it...Is Wicked THAT good?  May 11 2007, 12:06:02 PM
no

I like the show, but I'm baffled by the fact that it's still at 100% capacity. There are many other shows that deserve that box office more. Though I guess that's not how it works is it?

re: Advice on what to see...  May 7 2007, 09:25:46 PM
If you're looking for a great cast, I agree with Curtains and Grey Gardens.
re: Gilmore Girls: The Musical!  May 7 2007, 09:13:19 PM
I don't think it would turn out very well either, but for some reason I find it fun to imagine.haha. The Kirk Song, Lorelai's Lament...
Gilmore Girls: The Musical!  May 7 2007, 09:03:35 PM
From The Ausiello Report-

So, when's the Gilmore Girls reunion?
Graham: (Laughs) We're totally doing the Gilmore Girls movie. I'm never, ever going to do anything else. There's Gilmore Girls: The Musical. The line of clothing called Lorelai. And the perfume called Stars Hollow...
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Lauren-Grahams-Final/800014383

I get that she was joking, but I'm wondering what your reactions would be if this ever happened. Personally I would love to see Kelly Bishop on Broadway again if she did a reprise as Emily Gilmore.

Unpopular Opinions You Hold  May 7 2007, 08:18:26 PM
I really enjoyed Curtains despite itself. And on that note

For the most part I liked the score, and thought that its weakness was in character development and the book.

I didn't like "thataway" or really anything dealing with the western plot.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You