News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BananaFruitcake

BananaFruitcake Profile Photo
Member Name: BananaFruitcake
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Do you ever leave a show during intermission?
 Aug 3 2006, 03:07:10 AM
There are only two shows in which I halfway thought about leaving during intermission: Chicago and Perfect Crime (which was almost funny in a sad kind of way).
re: Martin Short's new show - kid friendly ??
 Aug 1 2006, 04:29:45 PM
When I saw it on Saturday, there was a girl about 11 years old sitting in the front row, and she seemed to really enjoy it.
re: HaIrSpRaY THE MOVIE AUDITION STORIES
 Mar 17 2006, 02:20:20 PM
Well, I auditioned last month in Chicago, and didn't get a callback (only 2 Tracys did). I also submitted my headshot and resume to the casting agency via email over a month ago. And today, I had an email from them asking me to send in a tape! So anyone else who sent in their stuff, keep waiting for a reply.

And to those who are going to open calls: you can sing any 8 bars of "Good Morning, Baltimore" that you want to. The selection on the website is just a suggestion.

PAL JOEY rewrites
 Feb 23 2006, 07:48:52 AM
They were talking about the title song "Guys and Dolls" being a duet between Nicely and Benny.
 Feb 22 2006, 01:32:58 AM
Fxy- Did you stay until all the auditions were over? I can't believe only 5 people got called back! If that's true, then there were only 2 Tracy's that they asked to see again...
 Feb 21 2006, 12:03:42 AM
I was #703, and I think Fxy2003 was #699 so we were in the first group. Looks like we just missed you, Bright.
re: Les Mis song book with extra songs
 Feb 20 2006, 08:34:28 PM
It's easy to find at most music stores. I've had my copy for a few years now.
 Feb 19 2006, 06:36:23 PM
I don't think that the people going out for roles other than the three listed really expect to get Amber, Penny, etc., but instead are hoping to get a smaller role or perhaps an ensemble role. Or maybe they're just going for the experience. It never hurts to put yourself out there, because the casting people may think you're fantastic and want to put you in the movie somewhere. Or they may cast something else later on, pull your resume out, and give you a call...
 Feb 18 2006, 11:03:33 PM
Well, I went to the open call in Chicago today. When my plane landed this morning, it was a balmy 8 degrees below zero. My parents went with me, and when we got to the site, there were about 4 people outside waiting for the building to open in an hour! Needless to say, I waited in the heated car. Anyway, I met some really nice people (including Fxy2003--HELLO!). I was in the first group (there were 32 of us: 3 Seaweeds, 1 Lil' Inez, 1 Amber, and 27 Tracys). There were several people in the
 Feb 16 2006, 05:38:10 PM
This is one time I'm glad that I stopped growing in 7th grade! :)
 Feb 15 2006, 11:51:43 PM
I honestly don't know whether sending in photo-booth photos would be a good idea or not. This kind of audition process is fairly new to me. I'd say take the pictures and see how they turn out, and maybe that'll help you decide? When I had my headshots made, I had them put onto a picture CD, so I was able to email them to the casting agency.
 Feb 15 2006, 11:23:35 PM
Good luck! You never know what ensemble roles (or Link) they might be trying to fill!
 Feb 15 2006, 10:35:00 PM
I personally wouldn't send more than 3, because they've got a lot of stuff to go through, and you can show a fairly wide range of yourself with that many. I sent in two pictures: one smiling and one more serious.
 Feb 15 2006, 08:21:53 PM
From all the stories I've been reading, I think they tell you about callbacks immediately. Everyone sings, then the judges (whoever they are) talk amongst themselves and let the people know.

TheVolleyBaller: Do you have any software on your computer that will let you crop out the other people? I think that would be best.

Fxy2003: I'll probably be getting there about 9 as well. Our plane arrives a little after 8, and I'm going directly there.

Feb 15 2006, 04:18:40 PM
I'm going!
 Feb 13 2006, 10:13:27 PM
What could it hurt to apply? I think BrightEyed sent in her stuff even though she didn't fit any of the 3 characters, and the casting agents contacted her about auditioning. I say go for it, because you can only gain.
 Feb 12 2006, 10:15:26 PM
I'm going too, so I'll keep a look out for you guys!
 Feb 12 2006, 06:40:04 PM
I live about 5 hours south of Chicago (in northern KY), but it's close to the same weather here usually. I'd advise just wearing thick jeans, a sweater, and a heavier coat for normal days.
 Feb 12 2006, 03:57:49 PM
I'm excited about them calling back for Penny too, because a friend of mine really wanted a shot at being in the movie, and I can tell her that she does now (she's a taller, thin soprano)! I'm so excited that some of you guys got call backs, and I hope you get to go farther in the auditions. I also hope that they let people reschedule their call backs if they couldn't make it because of the snow.
 Feb 12 2006, 12:44:30 PM
I looked back just now, and it was BwayBaby:

"but since it is the South and not many people know about musicals, i guess it didn't spark an interest."

Nothing offensive there.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You