News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nyc_etoile2

nyc_etoile2 Profile Photo
Member Name: nyc_etoile2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: In The Heights Understudies
 May 24 2009, 11:00:25 PM
I saw Krysta as Nina and was NOT impressed. I loved Marcy, but I also loved Karen. They are just different, but I can't say which is better. I also saw Shaun on for Sonny, and I have to say I really liked him, which is surprising because I was so upset Robin wasn't on. Eliseo as Kevin is amazing. He was so much better than Carlos EVER was. I have yet to see the new Kevin or Usnavi though. I'll make sure to see it a fourth time soon!
re: Songs That Make You Cry No Matter How Many Times You Listen to them....
 Mar 18 2009, 11:26:33 PM
Flying Home from Songs for a New World
re: Sequels to Broadway musicals???
 Jan 1 2009, 08:49:47 PM
Forever Plaid and Plaid Tidings? offbway, lol.
re: Brantley and Isherwood's Top Ten Lists
 Dec 20 2008, 01:38:18 PM
I'm really surprised In the Heights is not on either these lists.
re: Judy and Me
 Dec 20 2008, 03:36:59 AM
I saw Judy and Me on closing night. I thought some parts were adorable, some were cringe-worthy, and some were touching. In all, it was sweet, but not a very good show. It was pretty self-involved of Peter Mac, but standouts were Elyse Beyer and Christopher McCabe. Props to Mac's mom who didn't totally suck. It's gotta be an experience to play yourself, especially when you are reenacting your own abusive marriage. I talked to a cast member later and this particular cast member even admitted that
Hilarious Comments...
 Aug 28 2008, 09:25:30 PM
at Gypsy this past Sunday, I saw a boy (about 10 or 11) in ROLLERBLADES just tromping through the theatre to his seat. I saw him before the show and when we were leaving. RIDICULOUS!
re: Katie Thompson and Cast of RRed The Musical Manifesto
 Aug 28 2008, 09:14:26 PM
I was in the New York showcase of R.R.R.E.D.! Go go see this! I love Katie and Patrick- so talented and hilarious. Tell them I said hi!
Broadway Stands Up for Freedom
 Jul 22 2008, 09:14:47 PM
Was anyone at the ACLU Broadway Stands Up For Freedom concert last night? And if so, can someone please tell me what is the name of the song that Darius DeHaas sang? It was flippin gorgeous and so captivating. And for that matter, what is the song that Todd Buonopane sang? It was all "I hate you, I want you to die", etc. It was really funny.
re: Unusual Way from Nine - What is the Context?
 May 3 2008, 02:14:43 AM
ooh, I'm in Nine right now...

It's at the top of Act 2, Guido has brought Claudia (one of his three loves) to a beach and is trying to convince her to be in his movie. He wants her to play the same sort of part she has played in all his other movies, but she is tired of it. But he doesn't listen to her.

"Guido, you have invented me. No such person exists."
"In my mind, she exists. On the screen, she exists."

She admits that his wife brought her there to inspire h

re: What's the best show on Broadway right now ???
 Mar 15 2008, 11:26:44 PM
sunday in the park. no doubt.
re: History of American Musical Theatre
 Mar 7 2008, 01:19:00 AM
I actually took a History of American Musical Theatre class last semester in college, and our textbook was Our Musicals, Ourselves: A Social History of the American Musical Theatre by John Bush Jones. I LOVE this book. He basically takes each decade of America 20th century and writes about what was happening in that decade and how that translated to the stage in musicals. Which sounds like exactly what you want. There's World Wars I and II, Depression, Roaring Twenties, Cold War, Black and Jewis
You have misunderstood
 Mar 4 2008, 02:26:56 AM
Yeah, smeone finally said it, she was in the movie on ABCFamily Queen Sized. Seriously, give her a break, or rather, be proud of her. The girl was a nobody and in two years, she's shot three movies, and is performing where people know her. I think she's doing pretty well.
re: Have you ever fallen asleep in a Broadway show?
 Feb 25 2008, 08:01:00 PM
I fell asleep during Sweeny Todd. That's right. I was not a fan.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You