pixeltracker

Unusual Way from Nine - What is the Context?

Unusual Way from Nine - What is the Context?

defscott627
#1Unusual Way from Nine - What is the Context?
Posted: 5/2/08 at 11:20am

Hi Guys-
Does anyone know the context of Unusual Way from Nine? I tried looking for it somewhere, but I couldn't seem to find anything.
Thanks!

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#2re: Unusual Way from Nine - What is the Context?
Posted: 5/2/08 at 11:52am

Unusual Way comes right after Claudia has a semi-confrontation with Guido. She says that he holds her on a pedestal and doesn't see her as a person, and that he's too absorbed in his films to see how she really feels.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#2re: Unusual Way from Nine - What is the Context?
Posted: 5/2/08 at 3:02pm

The revival's version is one of my favorite songs currently...

nyc_etoile2 Profile Photo
nyc_etoile2
#3re: Unusual Way from Nine - What is the Context?
Posted: 5/3/08 at 2:14am

ooh, I'm in Nine right now...

It's at the top of Act 2, Guido has brought Claudia (one of his three loves) to a beach and is trying to convince her to be in his movie. He wants her to play the same sort of part she has played in all his other movies, but she is tired of it. But he doesn't listen to her.

"Guido, you have invented me. No such person exists."
"In my mind, she exists. On the screen, she exists."

She admits that his wife brought her there to inspire him, but she realizes it's wrong of her to have come. He tells her he loves her, and she doesn't know what to think. She loves him, but it's just a bad situation for her to get caught up in.

And SONG.

www.krisroberts.350.com

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#4re: Unusual Way from Nine - What is the Context?
Posted: 5/3/08 at 11:45am

Basically, she admits she loves him and he's made her who she is today and that she's grateful for that, but she has to let go, for her own sake.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5re: Unusual Way from Nine - What is the Context?
Posted: 5/3/08 at 1:48pm

Love that song, love the musical. (Antonio Banderas was suprisingly wonderful and Jane Krakowski was unbelievably wonderful. That was one of the most deserved Tony wins ever.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos