News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DrTom2

Member Name: DrTom2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

In defense of Barry Manilow
 Aug 22 2019, 07:22:45 PM

I like Barry and his music and have seen him live several times. It is a shame that he's had to tour again after retiring, but that's finances for you.

I did see his UK tour earlier in the year and his voice just isn't there any more, unfortunately. You can see and hear such a difference between the songs he's singing live and those he's miming. But people still had a great time in one of the largest arenas in the UK, the music sounds good and the band and backing s

OKLAHOMA! Previews
 Mar 24 2019, 09:02:25 AM

I'm hoping to see this when I'm in New York next month.

Could someone post spoilers about the gunshots, please? I know they're loud and they're blanks.

I get edgy when guns are waved randomly around, particularly towards the audience and I imagine it's unavoidable in the round. Plus, I get the impression they've added a few extras for this darker version, so having seen Oklahoma! before won't even help.

So, if anyone knows when and where,

Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dead at 21
 Aug 29 2015, 06:11:05 PM

So tragic. I was there on Thursday and Kyle gave such a polished performance. I had no idea he'd only been on as JVJ a few times. Standing ovation at the end and Kyle looked so happy with how this went, as he deserved to do. My thoughts go out to everyone who knew him.

anyone seen it yet?
 Nov 30 2014, 11:08:05 PM
I saw this tonight without having seen any previous stagings and thought it was quite enjoyable.

The venue looked to hold about 150 and I would say it was slightly over half full. Based on attire and the conversations going on, the vast majority of the audience were Jewish - and a lot of people knew one another, so it may have been an organised event. Running time was about 100 minutes, starting slightly late and without an intermission.

The hall itself is very different to a t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You