News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Wicked_fan

Wicked_fan Profile Photo
Member Name: Wicked_fan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I'm Amanda, I'm in my junior year in college and theatre is in fact, one of my greatest passions. My favorite musicals consist of RENT, Wicked, The Last 5 Years, Tick, Tick...BOOM!, Little Women, Batboy, Wild Party, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Aida, Little Shop of Horrors, Merrily We Roll Along, Chess, Reefer Madness, 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Sweeney Todd, Urinetown, I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change, The Drowsy Chaperone, The Apple Tree... etc. etc.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Official 'fANADUs ' love thread to Xanadu the musical on Broadway !
 Jul 26 2007, 01:39:35 PM
ok, so I have one more stupid question that's probably been answered...

I notice that the onstage seating is right behind the actors...
do they play to the people behind them, or do you just see the back of them for the whole show?

Jul 25 2007, 11:46:17 PM
FANTASTIC!

How is Kerry at the stage door?
she's still a broadway star you can take pictures with right?
I've run into a lot of "in demand" stars who don't have time to take pictures with people.

re: Who Will Leave Spring Awakening in November?
 Jul 25 2007, 11:35:51 PM
I'm a little slow on the spring awakening news... but when does Lea Michele leave? or is her contract just up soon?
 Jul 25 2007, 11:34:12 PM
Alright, so don't stone me if this has been asked many many times... I tried the search button... believe me.
but do we know when Kerry Butler leaves?
I'm planning on seeing the show in October and I really REALLY don't want to miss her.

re: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I love Amanda Bynes
 Jul 23 2007, 01:31:54 PM
Taboo,
I'm with you 100% with this...
especially about the whole... Allison Janney had few lines and practically stole the movie for some people... and clearly Amanda Bynes didn't.
I couldn't forget her after the movie cause I was so pissed that she did an awful job and couldn't sing...
and SERIOUSLY... WHY WAS SHE SO TAN? It's 1962 Baltimore... and she lives with a mother who locks her up all the time... I'm pretty sure Prudy would never allow Penny to be tan, it would be a si

re: Hairspray is SOOOO good!
 Jul 21 2007, 12:40:09 PM
I absolutely ADORED IT!
I was one of the ones who were skeptical at first too...
John Travolta... though I don't believe he sung the part very well, I thought he was absolutely ADORABLE! I can see why people wouldn't like him though. Christopher Walken was incredible! Nikki Blonsky... absolutely no words for how AMAZING this girl is!
I was very impressed with most of the cast...
except Amanda Bynes... not the strongest singing voice... and it was hard for me (as a big Kerry Butle

re: Poll: Will you go see Lea Michele in Wicked?
 Jul 6 2007, 02:04:37 PM
is she supposed to be in Wicked?
re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
 May 21 2007, 02:55:09 PM
I want Hugh back!

does anyone else think it would be REALLY fun if Officer Lockstock and Little Sally did it?

re: MOST OVERRATED AND UNDERRATED BROADWAY STARS
 Jan 9 2007, 01:37:30 PM
Maybe it's just me but I think that Sutton Foster is rather brilliant and that she deserves all the hype that she gets.

and also... Kerry Butler... overrated? Really? I don't agree, because I'm sure not many people even know who she is and she is a fantastic talent. I've never seen someone have so much energy on stage.

but as for underrated... Jen Cody. Get that girl out of ensemble!

re: dumbest song lyrics
 Jan 6 2007, 06:18:01 PM
"we've all got our junk, and my junk is you"

"where I go....when I go there..."

both from Spring Awakening.
don't get me wrong... I absolutely adore the music and fully intend on seeing it on broadway... just those lyrics make me cringe a bit.

re: What show(s) rekindle your love of theatre?
 Nov 28 2006, 03:21:53 PM
I never lose my love for theatre...

but just today I remembered how head over heels I'm in love with theatre when I rediscovered the show "The Children's Hour".

ugh. brilliant BRILLIANT play.

re: A Chorus Line Parade Performance
 Nov 28 2006, 09:51:15 AM
Well damn, stepkickkickleapkick...

I guess I haven't been living up to the stereo type... I knew I shouldn't have seen Spelling Bee or Sweeney Todd last time I was in the city... and most certainly won't see The Apple Tree, Les Mis or A Chorus Line next time I'm in the city... because... MAMMA MIA'S ON BROADWAY! so is BEAUTY AND THE BEAST! and I, being from the heartland, only care about THOSE TWO shows!

Thank you, thanks for making it clear.

re: What show are you currently obsessed with?
 Nov 22 2006, 12:40:00 AM
I just discovered the greatness of "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change!"

also "Merrily We Roll Along"... but that's been an obsession for the past few months...

re: Broadway look-a-likes
 Nov 22 2006, 12:37:30 AM
There's this girl on my campus that looks alot like Michelle Federer...

also a girl who graduated last year that had the same nose and eyes as Celia Keenan-Bolger... I did a double-take the first time I saw her.

re: What if Sondheim wrote greeting cards?
 Nov 15 2006, 03:32:44 PM
Yay for Merrily references!

"Best Thing That Ever Could Have Happened!"
Happy Divorce!

"There's a hole in the world, like a great black pit
and it's filled with people who are filled with ****
and the vermin of the world inhabit it...
but not for long
THEY ALL DESERVE TO DIE"
Happy Valentines Day!

re: You know you're a B'way geek when...
 Nov 10 2006, 10:50:41 AM
Whenever someone says the name 'Cathy' it's quickly followed up with "I'll be there soon, Cathy, I'll finish up this chapter and be oooout the door".

And along with the sondheim moments... for anyone who knows the show Merrily We Roll Along... anytime someone says "How's it going?" I always follow it up with singing "Opening Doors".

re: 'On Her Own' - NYTIMES audio/photo slideshow with Celia Keenan-Bolger
 Nov 10 2006, 10:41:01 AM
AAAH! This made me immensely happy!!!!

Celia is so amazing! I can't wait to hear or see her as Eponine!

re: Katie Clarke
 Nov 8 2006, 01:29:11 PM
maybe she's waitressing......
re: 'Light in the Piazza' is all sugar and fluff
 Nov 5 2006, 12:25:06 AM
RentBoy, I completely agree with you.

It took me awhile to fall in love with the music, but now I think it's captivating, and after seeing the televised production I thought it was absolutely brilliant (though I wasn't very fond of Katie Clarke). And I'm sorry, what's wrong with "Spelling Bee"?

A critic for a local paper, no doubt.

re: What movies would make good plays NOT musicals
 Oct 12 2006, 10:07:39 AM
Whoever mentioned Mean Girls...

I disagree... I think it would work so much better as a musical than a play. It would be so campy and fun, if done right. Obviously nothing deep, I know everyone's seen the movie... I'm actually surprised, what with the success of the movie, that it hasn't been turned into a musical yet.

The whole bus thing would be a bit tricky on stage though...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You