News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mels3192

mels3192 Profile Photo
Member Name: mels3192
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
 Dec 20 2008, 11:44:41 PM
omg no that's terrible!

a 15-year-old girl does not understand the ramifications of something like that. she probably was really excited that someone she looked up to liked her and she wanted to act like a adult so he'd like her...

Dec 20 2008, 11:19:23 PM
what??

my facts are QUITE straight. i read several different legitimate sources(including the new york times) stating exactly what i said. do the research and you'll see.

why did you say "such a comment" i didnt attack anyone on here, on either side, or say anything so outlandish. the man is a talented performer, but he committed a crime. the first statement is my opinion, the second is a fact, what's so incendiary?

also, what on earth did you just say? who are the "u

Dec 20 2008, 04:08:45 PM
hey testing-

im also really confused by what that comment meant? clarify please! thanks =)

also, im a big fan of james barbour. i saw in him concert at a small theatre in west palm beach while i was in high school and have just been obsessed with his voice ever since. that being said, i'm not going to chastise people for making jokes at his expense. he's had two separate charges, one in CA, brought against him for sexual acts with a minor. he knew full well that the girl in nyc

re: Stage door - what am I in for?
 Mar 20 2008, 04:37:12 PM
keen - thank you!! and yes it was a great performance!
re: CRY-BABY - Dreadful
 Mar 20 2008, 01:50:26 PM
^ i couldn't agree more. there are SO many factors that go into determining how a piece of work will effect one person versus another...

i have the utmost respect for those who don't like the show, but are interested in hearing why some people do, and having a real discussion about... but the posters on here who are so narrow minded that they treat any opinion that doesn't align with their own as "bad taste"...well that's just ludicrous!

re: Stage door - what am I in for?
 Mar 19 2008, 07:14:41 PM
i saw the matinee of the homecoming today for my birthday!

only michael mckean came out

re: comedic monologue
 Mar 18 2008, 11:12:25 PM
what is the audition for?
re: Cry-Baby Preview
 Mar 18 2008, 10:30:42 PM
^ even I have to admit that is pretty hilarious

Mar 18 2008, 03:18:34 PM
glad im making a few friends on here lol

oh and also..SueleenGay, i don't have "inside info" about next to normal, i was at an audition with a cast member who told me that. it't not a secret. i asked, they answered.

Mar 18 2008, 02:38:28 PM
B3TA07 - im not critic, im a fan. so you taking my opinion seriously or not is really not of great concern to me. i just think its worthwhile to post an opposing view.

while i obviously disagree with a lot of the opinions about cry-baby, that does not mean that i think they are invalid or that i don't respect them. so i think i deserve the same courtesy.

for example, for the life of me i will never understand how people like Legally Blonde. i felt my IQ being lowered as i wat

Mar 18 2008, 02:21:58 PM
thanks for the kind response!

im sorry you didn't like it! i think there is a lot that needs to be worked out during previews, but i think they know that too (at least i hope they do!)

you are right, seeing a first preview is probably too risky when you have a limited time in the city. i'm pretty lucky that i live here! and being a (currently unemployed...but hopefully not for long ) actress means i have tons of free nights, so i treat myself to lots of theatre!!

re: S. Epatha Merkerson should win the Lead Actress Tony!
 Mar 18 2008, 02:17:39 PM
^ i agree! i was so overcome with emotion by the end of Sheba. Actually, i was an absolute mess. Granted, i cry a lot during emotional shows but i looked like i had been in some sort of an accident after the show. merkerson's performance was so sweet and sad. i was completely heart-broken for her. during intermission i was just praying that the damn dog would come back bc this woman deserved SOMETHING good. right at the end of act one when she's calling for sheba...omg i wanted to die

o

re: Churchill's TOP GIRLS - Burning Questions
 Mar 18 2008, 02:09:23 PM
i was in this show a few years ago and the reviews were very mixed. even my own opinion is pretty mixed. sometimes i thought the show was brilliant and somedays i hated it. it's not your average show...it's interesting to say the least. the character i played is, by far, the furthest thing from my own personality ive ever played, so that was a great deal of fun. but i can't say i loved the show.

it's worth seeing though!

re: 39 Steps moves to the Cort!
 Mar 18 2008, 02:03:22 PM
let me start by saying i thought the acting was friggin fantastic in this show...and that im a huuuuge hitchcock afficianado...but i didnt find the show THAT funny. there were definitely moments that made me chuckle...but the audience was laughing as if it was the funniest thing to ever happen on a broadway stage. is it maybe just funny to audiences of a certain age? or maybe it just wasn't my kind of humor.

im glad i saw it because the performances were so good, i just didn't love it

re: Next to Normal... OMG! with spoilers
 Mar 18 2008, 01:53:59 PM
the first time i saw N2N i thought the same thing about adam , but i saw it again last week and really enjoyed his performance. he seemed a little more tender that time.

ps brian darcy james is a god. i thought half way through the 1st act, ok there is no way i will cry as much this time as i did the first time i saw it....until he cries at the beginning of let there be light. i was sobbing! it is impossible not to cry when this man cries. i think he's my new favorite. after the show

Mar 18 2008, 01:50:12 PM
my name is melissa, i am an actress and recent graduate of nyu. i have never worked for a theatre producer. im obsessed with next to normal which is why i posted about it, but other than that i have never posted on here but have been reading posts for a long time. i post a lot on a spring awakening blog on a different site. i decided to post about cry-baby bc its the first time ive REALLY disagreed with the majority of posters. (grease, legally blonde, etc)

i just had so much fun at thi

Mar 18 2008, 01:16:25 PM
i did not just join and i dont work for anybody connected to the show. i just loved it!

i post on lots of theatre blogs and am a theatre lover, i had a wonderful time at this show and can't stand all the negativity you people are spreading.

re: Crybaby vs Hairspray
 Mar 17 2008, 01:10:54 AM
see cry-baby bc it will be Original Broadway Cast! You DO NOT want to miss Alli Mauzy, she is FANTASTIC
re: CRY-BABY - First Preview - 3/15/08
 Mar 17 2008, 01:08:25 AM
i am dumbfounded by the reactions on here.

the audience LOVED the show. on the way out people were RAVING about it. literally dancing in the aisles. this show is FUN!

haters, get over yourselves. the show isn't perfect yet but its better than a lot of the crap that tries to entertain and fails miserably. i truly had a great time watching cry-baby. DON'T BE DISCOURAGED FROM SEEING THIS SHOW!!!!

if you want an entertaining evening that will leave you laughing and wantin

re: CRYBABY the Invited Dress.
 Mar 15 2008, 01:49:36 AM
I had a great time, i was thoroughly entertained, the show was very clever, the cast was fantastic, the choreography was amazing.

it may not have been about minorities or pregnant teenagers but that doesn't make it bad! sure its a splashy musical, but it was a well done splashy musical. i dont know what theater curtainpulldowner was in... but i, along with the most of the audience, had a great time.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You