News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#1.......
Posted: 11/25/08 at 1:04pm

Apologies if this was already posted---

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/123681.html

Very excited !
Updated On: 12/21/08 at 01:04 PM

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#2re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 11/25/08 at 7:22pm

me too.

:)

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Testing1232
#2re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 11/25/08 at 8:14pm

I cant wait to hear the set list !!

Holiday classics and Broadway ! Really need to hear
"I Can't Recall" again live !

madscientist
#3re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 11/26/08 at 3:46pm

I'm excited too! Do you guys think this will sell out quickly? I'm trying to figure out my holiday travel plans, and right now I'm not sure when I'll be able to go. Also, does anyone know how big Sardi's is or approximately how many people they can seat? Thanks in advance.

Testing1232
#4re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 11/26/08 at 5:10pm

Interesting read, with a few of the songs from the set listed:

http://hilton.broadway.com/James-Barbour-Plans-Holiday-Concert-Run-Upstairs-at-Sardi-s/broadway_news/5016291

Now even more excited !! Brandi Burkhardt singing "Santa Baby" !!

Testing1232
#5re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 8:58am

Deborah Gibson special guest on Dec 27th !

Cool !!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#6re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 9:02am

Deborah Gibson? As much as I like her I was hoping for Natalie Toro on Dec 27.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Testing1232
#7re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 9:57am

I am hoping for Toro as well, but there is expected to be a guest each night, so still a chance- going on the 30th as well.

Gary Indiana
#8re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 11:43am

Has the special guest been announced for the 26th yet?

FindingNamo
#9re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 11:44am

Is Sardi's 18+?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#10re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 12:19pm

Sardi's is a restaurant so I would imagine they don't keep people from entering. You just can't order a drink.

I didn't see anything about an age limit on the ads so I'd think you'll be okay. But, the ads didn't say anything about a $25 food and drink minimum either and they have that.

Testing, Natalie will be at one of the concerts. At her CD release party she said she'd be joining him but just didn't know when.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Testing1232
#11re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 12:30pm

Thanks, Eris !!! Hope to see her one of the dates !!

So far, the special guests have been announced for 20th, (Brandi Burkhardt ), 24th (Derek Keeling), and 27th (Gibson)

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#12re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 12:37pm

I was wishin' and hopin' for Natalie on Dec 27 when I'll be there. But I loved Deborah Gibson during my elementary school years so I'm glad she'll be there. But I'd gladly trade her for Natalie or Derek (I admit that I'd trade Deborah for Derek a bit faster than I'd trade for Natalie lol)

Updated On: 12/12/08 at 12:37 PM

bwaylvsong
#13re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 1:36pm

While on the topic of 18+, is The After Party 21+? I'm 19 and would love to sing there.

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#14re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 2:49pm

Eris, I think the 18+ thing was a sly joke in reference to James Barbour's... personal history.

In any case, it sounds like a great lineup.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

Testing1232
#15re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 3:34pm

<< Eris, I think the 18+ thing was a sly joke in reference to James Barbour's... personal history >>

I missed have missed the "joke" as well.

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#16re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 3:43pm

Eric: there is a $25 food and drink minimum per person.

http://jamesbarbour.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html

if you go down to the note: The Holiday Concert, he's written that there is.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

ifuweregay93
#17re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 3:58pm

Great lineup.
Updated On: 12/12/08 at 03:58 PM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#18re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 4:45pm

Yes, I'm aware there is a $25 food and drink a minimum. My point was that it's not printed on the ads or listed at smarttix. So someone who doesn't read his blog might not know about it beforehand.

Testing1232
#19re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 6:04pm

<< Great lineup.

I hate to admit it, but I was gonna post this "And the teenage girls (under 1 get in free!!"
>>

You just did. The jokes are really getting stale.

PiraguaGuy2
#20re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 6:12pm

I would like to live in a world where someone could mention James Barbour without being immediately interrupted by a pedophilia jokes.

It's one of my dreams.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#21re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 6:36pm

oh me too. They are getting old, no matter how they are phrased.

-Dre-

~Curtains~

~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Matthewjames Profile Photo
Matthewjames
#22re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 6:56pm

"The After Party" is not 21+
but if you're not in a show you most likely dont get to sing until aout 3am
that is unless, you buy the host a shot

Once upon a time I used to play with toys, but now I'd rather play around with teenage boys

Testing1232
#23re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 7:28pm

<< I would like to live in a world where someone could mention James Barbour without being immediately interrupted by a pedophilia jokes.

It's one of my dreams.
>>

AMEN !!! Unfortunately, people STILL think they are funny.

Move on.

bwaylvsong
#24re: James Barbour To Perform @ 'Sardi's'
Posted: 12/12/08 at 7:39pm

Thanks, Matthewjames!

Videos