News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 4getmenot

Member Name: 4getmenot
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bright Star in LA
 Dec 8 2017, 02:26:21 PM

Saw the show with rush tickets Wednesday evening.  Seats were Orchestra left right on the aisle.  Fyi - rush seats are assigned randomly so there is no advantage to buying or picking up early.  Also, there were quite a few empty seats in the back row.

I agree with most of the sentiments posted here already.  Carmen Cusack and the two male leads were phenomenal.  The show definitely closed too early on Broadway.

LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
 Nov 5 2017, 10:04:09 PM

h6p8gv said: "Are you going? If so please report back on how he is"

Just got back, he was good but the voice was a bit weaker than Bronson Norris Murphy and of course I have not seen Garoar Cortes.  Meghan Picerno was outstanding although her voice seemed more strained relative to her Tuesday evening performance.

Nov 5 2017, 06:21:36 PM
Michael Gillis is on tonight.
 Oct 31 2017, 08:25:58 PM
It's opening night here in Durham. Curtain was scheduled for 7:30, got pushed back to 8 a couple hours before and one of the producers just came out for the second time to announce that they still haven't sorted out the sets yet. Sounds like they should not have scheduled the tour with only a one day turnaround between Detroit and the next stop.
Bandstand or Miss Saigon
 Jun 21 2017, 11:12:59 PM

"
Um, can't believe I'm jumping into this

"

I can't believe I'm jumping into this either.  I am aware of the general issue about Asian stereotypes that GeorgeandDot is referring to but for this Asian-American woman, it's mostly an abstract issue rather than one that has a practical effect on my day-to-day life.  What I mean is that the average Broadway audience member who lives in New York or other big city would be exposed

Miss Saigon Alternate Schedule
 Apr 6 2017, 08:47:26 AM

Saw Liana last night after already having seen Eva a couple weeks back.  I saw the criticism in another thread about Eva being too "American Idol-ish" but I would much prefer that to what I saw.

Her belt really wasn't there, the high notes came out either so hoarse and screechy that it was jarring.  It was especially obvious at the end of Last Night of the World and I Still Believe, you couldn't hear her at all anytime Chris/Ellen were singing.  There w

Miss Saigon Broadway
 Jan 10 2017, 05:17:24 PM

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Kim alternate?  I was not particularly impressed by Eva N. so I am considering catching this when the alternate is on.

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Jan 5 2017, 02:27:08 AM

ChairinMain said: "The criticisms leveled at Seth and Mandy on this form are not quite, perhaps, indicative of their performances but of just how hard the score is and just how good Renee and Daveed were in these roles. 

"

I am not sure I agree.  I have a hard time imagining a world where you can't put professionally trained actors together with a dialect coach to come up with a French accent that would convince a lay-pe

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Dec 20 2016, 07:02:58 PM

I just saw the NY cast (all replacements except for Oak) and also saw the Chicago cast last month.  I agree with most of the sentiments above that the Chicago cast blows NY replacements away.  If I go down the list of characters:

Hamilton- Cervantes much better than Luowye.
Burr- Henry slightly better than Dixon.
Washington - Kirkland lightyears ahead of Treco (s/b).  The physical height disparity between Kirkland and Cervantes was so striking and effe

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Dec 19 2016, 08:36:41 PM

ellingjt said: "I wanted to share our line experience here because I learned a lot from this thread and wanted to give some info back. My wife and I went to the 2pm show on Saturday, 12/17. 

We had a very limited time in the city, so we wanted to hire a line sitter. Over a month ago, I PM'd HamiltonObsessed and set it up. I had plane tickets purchased, and was at the airport on Friday, on my way to NYC, when I got a text that he was cancelling because it was

Phillipa Soo to Lead AMELIE on Broadway
 Dec 2 2016, 08:50:30 PM

I saw it at Berkeley with Sam Barks and I will be in LA later this month to see it again.

I am planning to see a Thursday matinee so I'm a little worried that Phillipa might be out.  I know she was absent quite a bit towards the end of her run in Hamilton but does anyone know what her attendance was like when Hamilton was in previews last year?  The show isn't too vocally demanding and it would literally be the 3rd week so barring illness, etc, I am thinking I should

SF - Orpheum woes contd.
 Nov 21 2015, 10:50:01 PM

Some tips on the lottery:

I entered 10 shows in a row and won 5 times (exactly once every other day), although I only went once.  

The box office said that there were exactly 15 or 50 lottery winners every show, I couldn't hear exactly.  If it's the former, I assume that he means 15 people times 2 tickets.

It appears the lottery tickets are distributed based on the inventory of seats that have not been sold.  In my case, I saw there wa

Amelie at Berkeley Rep
 Sep 6 2015, 08:31:09 PM

I definitely don't share fantod's extreme opinion, but it is hard to put a finger on exactly how I feel about the show.  It definitely captures the essence of whimsical.  

The book felt a little off and it didn't help there was no intermission.  I couldn't keep up with some of the plot and the narration was confusing.  The score, while not catchy, was lush and deeply moving.  Even without fully getting what the full context of the plot was(I did

Beautiful in San Francisco
 Sep 25 2013, 05:47:04 AM
Just got back from the first show.
To answer the previous question, Carole King sings a soulful ballady arrangement of Will you Love Me Tomorrow, with Gerry Goffen joining in for a few bars. And then the shirrelles do the presumably original version.
Here is my mini-review (may contain spoilers) :
I didn't know any Carole king songs going in, they were a little outside my age range. The only exception was "Natural Woman" only because it's been covered to death by singing compet

Beautiful
 Sep 16 2013, 02:49:46 PM
Got tickets for opening night in SF. I will post an update with my thoughts.
re: Topol In Fiddler tour
 Oct 8 2009, 03:50:23 PM
Is the tour worth seeing? Is Topol's u/s any good?
re: Rod Gilfry And Carmen Cusack Will Lead SOUTH PACIFIC Tour, Launches At
 Jul 31 2009, 06:11:17 PM
Kate Fahrner is in the ensemble, hope this means she will be a Nellie u/s?
re: Why Standbys?
 Jul 30 2009, 11:14:00 PM
Also, occasionally an understudy will be permanently promoted to standby or a standby promoted to principal, but it doesn't go the other way...at least as far as I've ever known. Principals don't get demoted to standby and standbys don't become understudies.

Just wanted to leap into the fray - this is not true either. Just noticed Karmine Alers used to play Mimi in Rent and now she's Mimi, Maureen u/s on tour. The principal Mimi must be really good, because she looks awfully y

re: the 'Notebook' musical
 Jul 23 2009, 02:56:18 PM
Is it common for producers to not pay anything to the actors performing for readings? Seems like it's a long way from Broadway...
re: Adam Lambert and The Rocky Horror Picture Show
 Mar 12 2009, 07:19:50 PM
snl89 - Do you have a source for those comments? If you did, it would completely change my objection to him.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You