News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jim3

Jim3 Profile Photo
Member Name: Jim3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ASL Extreme Side Tickets
 Aug 4 2022, 05:20:52 PM

Don’t consider box seats.  In my opinion, they’re lousy , and your view will be noticeably obstructed.  

Unpleasant theater audiences
 Jul 23 2022, 11:34:23 AM

I went to see A Strange Loop on July 1st.  It was my third time. Box seats are terrible and really are a good example of obstructed view.  Ok.  It was my third time.  No problem.  The show begins with the wonderful Usher Usher opening number.  The young woman seated in front of me then decides to put her hair in a ponytail with her arms and elbows extended. I tell myself, “Let it go. Let it go”.  The show continues.  Then she decides to fuss

PARADISE SQUARE reviews
 Jun 27 2022, 08:16:07 PM

I agree also with the last two messages. I had no desire to see Paradise Square until I saw Joaquina Kalukango’s performance on the Tony Awards. I might still not have gone with all the negative comments and so-so reviews that I read. But then I won the lottery to last Wednesday’s matinee (Orchestra Row F seats 9 and 11) and of course I went. 
In my opinion, there are wonderful things about Paradise Square. Besides Joaquina, who basically stops the show with her Jennifer

Which Digital Lotteries Have You Won Since Broadway Has Been Back ?
 Jun 25 2022, 10:55:23 AM

This past Wednesday I won the lottery for the matinee performance of Paradise Square.  Great seats in row F seats 9 and 11. I was so happy that Joaquina Kalukango was not out   Lord, she was just amazing! (a Jennifer Holliday moment). I wasn’t expecting much from this show after reading the negative comments, but I loved it!  Don’t thumb your nose to it   The exuberance and talent of the cast, the inventive choreography, and Joaquina make this show a memorable

A Strange Loop Rush/Lottery
 Jun 12 2022, 08:14:29 AM

Jaquel was not in the show Friday night. I was really disappointed.  But I have to say, Kyle Ramar Freeman took my disappointment away. He was phenomenal. 

Jun 10 2022, 11:59:18 AM

There was no need for me to be second in line at 8:15 this morning.  There were about 11 people in line when the box office opened at 10 am.  I got an Orchestra A 2 obstructed view.  I saw a preview back in April, so I’m happy to see it again up close.  
I love this show.   

May 20 2022, 08:59:51 AM

Is Jaquel back in the show yet?

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 May 20 2022, 08:53:30 AM

Does any know if Jaquel Spivey is performing tonight, Friday, May 20?  I’m in the rush line.  I’m sure the understudy is great, but..

May 16 2022, 07:34:13 PM

I had a great seat in the mezzanine when I saw the show in April.  I’m 71 years old and my hearing isn’t so great anymore.  I got a hearing device, and I’m so glad I did. Everything was crystal clear. Maybe this might be a solution. 

May 10 2022, 07:17:59 PM

Can anyone tell me if the tickets sold at TKTS for A Strange Loop are decent seats?   I’d rather not bother going there if the seats are only in the balcony.  

Fairy Cakes
 Oct 26 2021, 04:12:07 PM

Obviously I thought this show was going to be a hit. That’s the way the ball bounces. I wish it would close so I could get a refund.

Merman Autobiography
 Aug 20 2020, 05:40:26 PM

Check out buy and sell if interested.

Lea Michele Back To Broadway?
 May 4 2018, 08:06:31 PM

I sort of feel sorry for her. She made some choices furthering her career that made her come across as a prima donna. But she's got talent, and I'd love to see her make a comeback on Broadway or Off Broadway, especially in a smaller role.   She was so good in Spring Awakening.

I have to hope that she doesn't get wind of some of the comments here. I'm sure she'd be hurt. 

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LIVE Discussion Thread
 Apr 1 2018, 08:39:23 PM
This production has the quality and excitement of Hamilton. I'm absolutely loving it.
Great Comet Coffee Table Book - $2 @ Barnes and Noble
 Mar 12 2018, 07:20:51 PM

Thank you so much for the heads up. I just bought two copies here in Albany, NY. Unbelievable price!

THE BAND's VISIT Reviews
 Nov 10 2017, 09:30:13 PM

Yep, after Once won best musical, anything is possible these days on Broadway.  It might even be SpongeBob!

THE BAND's VISIT Reviews
 Nov 10 2017, 09:14:56 PM

Not normally looking to see razzle dazzle anymore when I go to the theater these days. There are plenty of wonderful revivals to provide me with that. But, with a new work, I hope to see something creative and spellbinding. Didn't see that in The Band's Visit.

THE BAND's VISIT Reviews
 Nov 10 2017, 07:50:43 PM

I've been living in Manhattan and attending the theater here in the city for over 40 years. That critic, Christopher Kelly, from Jersey was spot on about The Bands Visit. I saw more walk outs and yawns than ever before than the night when I attended the show.

TKTS Great Comet Tix
 Mar 27 2017, 12:03:56 PM

Where are the TKTS Booth tickets for Great Comet normally located?  

Michael Riedel's NY Post Column Cut To Once A Week
 Sep 29 2015, 09:08:48 PM

I've been reading the print edition of the NY Post for over 40 years. It's a good read going home on the train.  I will miss Michael Riedel's two weekly columns, but, I get it, times have changed. I always enjoyed reading the arts and society columns in the newspapers. I enjoyed reading columns by Earl Wilson, Ed Sullivan, and Suzy Knickerbocker.  I'm glad Cindy Adams is still writing her column.  I know I'm hanging on to the past, but newspapers were so good back then. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You