News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Grief

Member Name: Grief
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Jun 12 2023, 02:19:28 PM

Random question that I hope someone can answer:

If I buy a resale ticket to Funny Girl on SeatGeek, and Lea Michele happens to be out, will the box office honor a refund just as if I had purchased directly?

(I have already seen Julie Benko three times and she's wonderful!)

1776 Previews
 Oct 2 2022, 01:17:23 PM

DELETED

1776 ticket for sale - 10/5 matinee - box seat
 Oct 2 2022, 08:27:41 AM

I have a 1776 ticket for sale:

Wednesday 10/5 matinee at 2pm.

It's a partial view orchestra box seat. Asking $67 which is exactly what I paid (ticket + fees).

Please message me if interested!

Jokes, allusions or references that you didn't get until years later?
 Sep 18 2022, 10:09:31 AM

The Music Man: "I hope and I pray for Hester to win just one more A." Despite loving The Scarlet Letter in high school, I didn't understand what that lyric was referring to until I was an adult.

Also, The Wizard of Oz: "Oil can what?"

Sep 11 2022, 03:19:32 PM

Did Ramin have Covid in late August or was he out for other reasons? Seems like if he didn't have it, he's definitely at risk of getting it – again. I'm worried about Tovah Feldshuh too, if both Mrs. Meeker and Mrs. Strakosh are out. 

Sep 10 2022, 03:09:26 PM

If Lea continues to be out, what's the process for changing a ticket? Call the box office? Contact SeatGeek? (I've seen Julie three times and she's wonderful, but I need to see Lea.)

Sep 7 2022, 08:28:32 AM

BCfitasafiddle said: "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOt6KFXp2tI

Ah. all is right in the world.
"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Thank you, whoever fixed this. 

Julie Benko as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Aug 4 2022, 08:59:55 AM

The "how dare Julie announce her performances on social media?" viewpoint and the fact that Beanie felt unsupported when Julie went on (according to the Daily Beast article) is very odd to me, considering the fact that the production did nothing to support or acknowledge Julie in those early performances, even in her first scheduled weekend, while all other Broadway shows were heavily supporting and applauding their standbys/understudies. I believe the production's soci

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 11 2022, 01:33:14 PM

Anyone know why the website says this? Lea isn't performing seven days a week if Julie is performing on Thursdays...

NOTE - Lea Michele is performing seven days a week. Julie Benko will be performing Thursday evening performances in her stead.

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Jun 8 2022, 01:16:09 PM

Interesting – Julie has only announced her performances through Sunday, right?

Jun 7 2022, 02:47:24 PM

Julie has just posted that she's going on tonight and isn't sure about anything beyond that. I guess she hasn't been given official word?

May 31 2022, 02:46:20 PM

I felt a lot of joy and excitement from the full cast when I saw the show with Julie in it. It is a completely different show. Ramin seems absolutely delighted by her, and whether he's delighted to be playing opposite her, or delighted as Nick falling in love with Fanny, it works. 

Julie Benko plays FB tonight in Funny Girl
 May 29 2022, 08:15:45 AM

Will Julie's comedy timing get better - this seems to be a sticking point - and, tbh, expected. Likely, although she may not be gifted in that area to the extent Beanie is.

I've seen Beanie once, Julie twice, and Julie is very funny. I'm curious who sees her performance and feels she isn't funny. Beanie's comedic acting is obvious and one-note, while Julie's is more mature and subtle. Her Fanny is a multidimensional human being, not just a face mugging

Julie Benko plays FB tonight in Funny Girl
 May 28 2022, 12:05:25 PM

I believe this is Julie's 10th performance since April 28.

A Little Night Music
 Jan 16 2010, 02:30:39 PM
Why is Katherine Doherty leaving? I thought she was a great Fredrika.

Does anyone know why they lowered the key for her solo in A Glamorous Life? Was it for the Fredrikas, or for Catherine Z-J?

The New Billy Elliot Love Thread
 Oct 3 2009, 01:55:30 PM
Just noticed on Twitter that Kiril has performed every evening performance this week since Tuesday! That's awesome that they give him extra performances in his final week. I'm seeing his last show tonight!
The New Billy Elliot Love Thread
 Sep 16 2009, 04:11:00 PM
Hmmmm...something inaccurate about those measurements. He's definitely not 4'5" right now.

"Alvarez was a four-foot tall cherubic boy when he first started playing Billy, a little English boy from a working-class mining town who has dreams of dancing ballet. Today, he is in full-blown adolescence and those awkward growth spurts are happening on the set and behind the scenes.

"I grew 5 inches from the first day I started playing him," he says. "One morning I woke up and said ?Whoa, what happened??" he says, chuckling."

The new Billy Elliot love thread
 Jul 30 2009, 05:31:53 PM
Has anyone seen the show from the Orchestra Right Partial view seats up close, like in Rows A-C? I'm looking at some tickets for next fall, but I wonder how much onstage action is missed from these far side seats.
I have seen the show before, so I don't mind missing too much, but I'm bringing a friend who has never seen it.

Jul 29 2009, 08:37:02 AM
No, I completely disagree. I've seen the show 5 times and seen three of the four Billies. (All but David.) I think part of what keeps the show fresh is having four boys playing the title role, so each boy brings something fresh and different to the show. Also, the new Tony recently started, so that's another change.
Regardless, I last saw the show two weeks ago and it was fabulous as usual. I already want to see it again!

Jul 11 2009, 11:09:54 AM
Is Trent still on vacation? Anyone know when he comes back, or if any of the other boys are going on vacation this month? Thanks.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You