News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for footlights2

footlights2 Profile Photo
Member Name: footlights2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BEASLEY'S CHRISTMAS PARTY ?
 Dec 17 2008, 01:57:29 PM
If you have seen this - please let me know what you thought. THANKS!

Beasley's Christmas Party
THEATRE ROW
Clurman Theatre
410 W 42nd Street

re: Great Score, Shame About The Book
 Jun 19 2008, 08:42:00 PM
Recently?

Passing Strange
In The Heights

I don’t know how In The Heights won best book over Xanadu.

What Is Your Favorite Broadway House?
 Jun 8 2008, 06:44:52 PM
Of all the theatres on Broadway – which one is your favorite? This has nothing to do with the shows that have played there. Just wondering which theatres you prefer. Of course, a true theatre buff respects any theatre, but is there Broadway houses that you dislike? Why?

For me – my favorites are:

The Biltmore and American Airlines Theatre (these two theatres have undergone an amazing restoration and are so comfortable with soft seats, more room in the isles and higher raked

Melissa Gilbert in "Prairie"
 May 29 2008, 01:16:36 AM
I am excited and scared at the same time. I love Melissa Gilbert - but a Little House on the Prairie musical? Sounds pretty risky to me. Can she even sing? I am sure it is mostly for the marketing aspect of the production.

I guess they had Patrick Swayze at one point https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=16701 , but I figure he had to back out due to his recent medical condition? http://uk.reuters.com/article/peopleNews/idUKN2729081520080528

re: What is your LEAST favorite musical ever?
 May 20 2008, 11:24:10 PM
I doubt anyone hear would be voting CATS or Phantom of the Opera as least favorite if they had been asked this same question in the 80s. Just because these shows are out of fashion with the hip Broadway crowd and it is popular to be down on Webber, doesn’t mean they are anywhere near the bottom. It makes me think that the folks on here don’t see much theatre – because come on people! There have been FAR worse and annoying shows that should be on everyone’s list before cats or phantom. Don’t
re: Miss Saigon vs. Titanic (March Madness, Round 3, game 3)
 Mar 26 2008, 08:53:09 PM
Are we voting for which was the better production (meaning the actual Broadway version onstage) or are we voting for which is better simply in book/lyric/music in general? I guess the actual Broadway show, hu? I think Titanic had so much potential that was messed up with some of the design and choreography choices in the Broadway production. So, sadly I must choose Miss Saigon if we are comparing the two Broadway versions side-by-side.
'Your' first broadway cast recording
 Mar 26 2008, 08:33:49 PM
First Cassette- ShowBoat
First CD- Grand Hotel

re: Famous people who you saw at a broadway show
 Mar 22 2008, 05:57:02 PM
Jerry Seinfeld at Monty Python's Spamalot.
re: Theater Etiquette-GRRR
 Mar 14 2008, 09:32:18 PM
“Dressing up” for the theatre is a tradition that goes way back to the days when an evening at the theatre was just as much a social occasion as a form of entertainment. Sometimes the show was second to the opportunity to see and being seen. I mean, why were box seats invented? Box seats do not provide an improved view of the stage (quite the opposite and a reason why we rarely use them anymore). They served the sole purpose of showing off important and rich people to the rest of the audienc
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You