News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for IThespis

IThespis Profile Photo
Member Name: IThespis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

replacements
 Jun 16 2017, 10:16:20 PM

Well there's Lauren Bacall … Raquel Welch filled in for Lauren Bacall during her two-week vacation from 1981's WOMAN OF THE YEAR and later replaced her in the run.  She dazzled all as a more animated musical personality and  her performance in all respects was marked by show-business know-how.

Jayne Houdyshell or Terri White: Who deserved that Tony nom more?
 May 6 2012, 05:03:02 PM
Jayne deserved the nom ... returning the role to the original concept. She is just bigger than Ethel Shutta was. It's not a song for a star-turn, or lots of jumping up and down and shouting; in the show it's part of a medley.
Miss Saigon on Broadway - Closed on January 28, 2001
 Feb 26 2011, 09:55:08 AM
It was a grand Broadway show! In time we'll see a big Broadway revival. Many in the business feel the score is far superior to Les Miz. I'd agree.
re: You're first broadway cast recording
 Mar 21 2008, 01:17:12 PM
Phantom.

Company was the first ever given to me.

Since, I painted the apartment hallway ceiling "red-orange" because of a The Fantastics lyric.

Then, I've bought back through the repertoire to learn shows and roles. Earliest is Pal Joey.

Somehow, disks & tapes of movies of Broadway shows don't seem to count, no matter how good some turn out. I like only the Original Cast recordings. It's just a thing.

I keep the vinyl/tape/cd collection in chronolo

re: Jerry Herman's Best Score
 Mar 21 2008, 12:49:09 PM
Interesting that about five posters say they don't know much of his work, yet have an opinion ... which is why Jerry Herman's music is attractive, just a bit of it can charm.

Me? Hard to choose a "best" but I about fell down at seeing MISS SPECTACULAR mentioned, and enjoyed DEAR WORLD not being forgotten.

Note for Jerry Herman fans: get PARADE and hear how it all began.

(There's a newspaper interview with him, back when his notice was happening from MILK AND HONEY

re: Any bad stage-door experiences?
 Mar 18 2008, 02:49:04 PM
My folks took us to see Hepburn in COCO and we had to wait at the stage door. There was this rag-bag lady who kept talking to the group about the movies Miss H. had been in and the trials and tribulations of them, as if those characters were real and were actually Hepburn! Scarey!

But making bad good, Miss H. came out and the crowd surged, thrusting LordKnowsWhat at her; she held forth and said no in the most kindly way, explaining she'd done two shows that day, please understand, s

re: david hyde pierce
 Mar 18 2008, 02:38:33 PM
A thought on DHP ... late in previews and early in the run, a couple of times I watched the cast leave. I was impressed with the way he handled the crowd when he came out. He did smile, he did look as if he was listening to what people said to him, he was most agreeable about posing for photos. The people felt better for having waited; he rewarded them with the giving of his time.
re: Stage door - what am I in for?
 Mar 18 2008, 02:31:26 PM
You're going to get yourself an education!

Yeah, you're in for a lot of time standing around amid about 20 to 30 fans either side of the door. When they come out most might stop and sign 10 or more each side, the things thrust at them. They will NOT engage you in any conversation, just saying "thank you" over and over to all those gushing about how they enjoyed the show, how wonderful is the actor, et al.

From your list, they all seem the good sort and probably -- probably

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You