News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SimplyDeLovely

SimplyDeLovely Profile Photo
Member Name: SimplyDeLovely
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Darren Criss sings
 Sep 29 2011, 12:09:02 PM
Though out of curiosity, since I'm still not quite clear, would that be musical theatre or just theatre? haha

It's just theatre. Musical Theatre has a separate BFA program, and is it's own department (the two departments are the Dept. of Theatre & Drama and the Dept. of Musical Theatre). Students are welcome to audition for university productions in the other department(s), but quite often, students in the musicals are musical theatre majors, and the plays (with the exception of

Darren Criss sings
 Sep 28 2011, 08:50:52 PM
I thought Darren Criss was a musical theater graduate from U. of Mich.?

He definitely majored in theater at U of Mich, but I'm not sure if he specifically trained in musical theatre or not :)

To clarify, his program was the BFA Theatre - Performance program. And needless to say, as a student at the university we like to all laugh a bit to ourselves when we see his photo/a feature on him on one of the bulletin boards in the theatre building. And the comment about the stu

re: RENT video from U of Michigan. Amazing!
 Aug 22 2011, 10:44:33 AM
Having seen the production itself of this show, I can testify that it was equally as moving and amazing as this video, or more so. While I haven't seen a production of Rent in NYC, I have seen the filmed (stage) version with the original cast, and I can honestly say many of those kids live up to the roles.

When it comes to the attitudes of UMich MT students, I must say that perhaps you've seen a few that have spoiled your opinion of the whole. I have several friends in the program righ

Anything Goes stage door?
 Aug 12 2011, 03:07:44 PM
When I saw the show back in July, all but Joel and Sutton came out of stage door. I was told later by a friend that Sutton uses a different door post-show.
Book of Mormon Cancellation line
 Jul 8 2011, 11:12:27 PM
I arrived at 5 pm last Saturday (July 4th weekend) for the 8 pm show and was fourth in line. I ended up with Orchestra row L, center. As a fun extra, I saw that Jane Lynch was at the show as well, Orchestra right, down front.
re: who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Aug 25 2010, 01:49:27 PM
Does anybody know where I could send something to Kelli O'Hara now that she is no longer in a show?

I had the same question. There are addresses for both her manager and agent on her website, but I was not sure which was better to send to.

For those who care, Leigh Ann Larkin is great about returning fan mail. I wrote her during Gypsy and received a nice letter and signed photo in return.

Katie Finneran Leaving PROMISES, PROMISES?
 Aug 24 2010, 02:58:28 PM
Congrats to Katie! She has been one lucky lady this year.

And I love the idea of Susan Blackwell in that role.

A little night music stage door
 Aug 23 2010, 11:01:45 PM
Elaine did not come out on Saturday night, and I heard from others she has been slipping out another door more frequently lately. However, everyone else was fantastic and stopped to sign for everyone.
Promises Promises Today
 Aug 22 2010, 11:07:30 PM
I was at the show today, with Megan in as Fran and Kristen Beth Williams in as Marge. I had seen Megan in Curtains and was hoping for a good show from her, however I was a bit disappointed. She did a great job, but unfortunately does not have the same strength in voice and presence as Ms. Chenoweth. On the other hand, Kristen Beth Williams was fantastic as Marge, although I missed Katie Finneran (who was apparently out getting married today, according to one of the bodyguards at stagedoor), and
Please Tell Me That Not All Younger Musical Theatre Fans...
 Jul 26 2010, 08:20:02 PM
As a member of this so-called age category of "Younger Musical Theatre fans", I can honestly say I would take tickets to a Sondheim or golden-age revival over something like Legally Blonde or Wicked any day. I was raised in a household where my mother went around singing R&H all the time, so classic shows were my introduction to musical theatre. My tastes tend to be varied; I like everything from Porter and Gershwin to more contemporary scores. I can't count the number of times I'm listening to
Todd Buonopane is Lord Farquaad in SHREK Tour!
 Jul 26 2010, 08:02:58 PM
I have to say I agree with theaterbear. I just don't believe anything about Todd being anything but sweet and dedicated to what he does. I had the opportunity of doing a week-long workshop last summer, and anything demanding from him would seem out of character to me from what I got to know of him.
re: Have you been to the Tony's: I've got questions!
 May 2 2009, 09:32:41 PM
I went last year, although I was third row from the top of the theater. For general ticket holders, there was no access to the red carpet (unless you want to be behind the barricades on the opposite side of the street), and you enter Radio City on the opposite side of the theater as the red carpet.

Pretty much the same thing uncageg said. Also, I have a camera phone, and they did not take that away, in case that was a question anyone wanted answered.

I, too, definitely recomme

Creel v. Jackson, Esparza v. Broderick
 May 2 2009, 02:43:23 PM
Raul Esparza - 39
Matthew Broderick - 2

Gavin Creel - 22
Cheyenne Jackson - 21

re: The Greatest Musical Actor of This Generation - Qualifiers
 May 1 2009, 09:51:12 AM
Raul Esparza - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Gavin Creel- 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Brian D'Arcy James - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Norbert Leo Butz - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Michael Cerveris - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Alan Cumming - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Hunter Foster- 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Marc Kudisch- 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Neil Patrick Harris - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Norm Lewis - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Cheyenne Jackson - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Hugh Jackman - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
Jonathon Groff - 4 (DO NOT VOTE)
John Gallagher Jr. - 4

re: Patti/Mandy set list?
 Apr 27 2009, 05:56:19 PM
Also, Oh What a Circus was cut at NJPAC... don't know if it's out of the act permanently or just that night.

There was no "Oh, What a Circus" at the Fisher in Detroit either. That was a little more than a week ago.

re: Pittsburgh CLO's 'Into the Woods' to Star Foster, Cody and Leavel
 Apr 15 2009, 07:35:20 PM
I can say I did hear of Brynn O'Malley as Baker's Wife...
But I guess since there's no official release I can't say for sure.

re: Toni Braxton is Beauty and the Beast
 Nov 26 2008, 09:21:01 AM
Does Susan Egan's recording use the show orchestrations?

I'm not really sure. I have it, and there is a full orchestra, but for a large part of the beginning of the song is accompanied by mostly guitar. Something about the percussion part doesn't like it's the orchestrations either.

re: Emma Zaks is the new Dainty June understudy in Gypsy
 Oct 9 2008, 05:25:01 PM
I simply have to wonder what Ms. LuPone thinks of this.
re: Brynn O'Malley to Join WICKED
 Oct 8 2008, 08:41:27 PM
Congrats to Brynn! She's terrific and I was hoping she'd get another Broadway gig soon...although Wicked would'nt have been my first choice.

edit: So, Cristy is to be out all of February?

re: Emma Zaks is the new Dainty June understudy in Gypsy
 Oct 8 2008, 08:39:31 PM
Please, God, no.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You