Fiyero13
#2A little night music stage door
Posted: 2/10/10 at 4:02pm

BUMP!

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#2A little night music stage door
Posted: 2/10/10 at 5:29pm

I was there after the Sunday matinee and there were maybe 30 people waiting, if that.

focusingonmoviesmatt Profile Photo
focusingonmoviesmatt
#3A little night music stage door
Posted: 2/10/10 at 9:56pm

i didnt make it to the stage door the night i saw it cause i was up in the mzz and by the time i got there it was like 5 people deep. i went back a other night and waited for the show to end and got right up to the front.

Fiyero13
#4A little night music stage door
Posted: 2/11/10 at 12:23am

do angela lansbury and catherine zeta jones both sign?

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#5A little night music stage door
Posted: 2/11/10 at 10:26am

Catherine always does, Angela never does.

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#6A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/26/10 at 2:43pm

BUMP. How has it been lately? Angela still doesn't come out?

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#7A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/26/10 at 2:54pm

Angela never does.

rjm516
#8A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/26/10 at 9:56pm

I went last Friday night, and there were lotsss of people there, but I got to the front. Catherine came out right away, still in makeup. She was so nice and gracious, stopping for pictures, signing everyone's playbill. Seriously, people called out from the back of the huge crowd (things like we love you or we're from x-far-away-place) and I heard her say to her bodyguard "Will you go get their playbills so I can sign them?" How nice is that!

Will42 Profile Photo
Will42
#9A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/27/10 at 12:36pm

Did she stop signing autographs or she never does so for A Little Night Music? I saw her twice during Blithe Spirit run and both times she signed as much playbills as possible. I wonder why she stopped and let Catherine Zeta-Jones do all the work.

isntitromantic Profile Photo
isntitromantic
#10A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/27/10 at 12:52pm

Angela's arthritis has been very debilitating of late, so she can't really hold something and sign it. One of the perils of aging.

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#11A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/27/10 at 12:57pm

"I wonder why she stopped and let Catherine Zeta-Jones do all the work."

COMPASSION FAIL

Give her a freakin break. She's 84!

Will42 Profile Photo
Will42
#12A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/27/10 at 1:09pm

Oh, I didn't know that. Very sorry to hear. I hope she gets better. It was very generous of her to sigh as much playbills as possible considering her age. Not to mention her incredible performances that she is giving 8 times a week.

rjm516
#13A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/27/10 at 10:00pm

She didn't come out when I saw Blithe Spirit. Each time, she sent out signed playbills with the guard to give to those who were waiting. I didn't know she ever came out; I assume that she did what she could handle then, and now thinks it smarter to rest herself.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#14A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/27/10 at 10:59pm

Angela's arthritis has been very debilitating of late, so she can't really hold something and sign it. One of the perils of agin

I am not trying to be snarky. But she holds props in ALNM. Is that somehow different?

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#15A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/27/10 at 11:01pm

She seemed just fine signing hundreds of CDs on April 6th. I'm sure she is fine...she just wanted someone else to do the stage door thing for this show, since she was carrying BLITHE SPIRIT on her shoulders.

Yankeefan007
#16A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/27/10 at 11:41pm

Well, I mean, she does drop the cards at the end

BroadwayBound17 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound17
#17A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/28/10 at 10:52am

I think that just the fact that she is in her mid-80s is a good enough excuse for now.

2011: In The Heights Tour 1/16/11, The Color Purple Tour 2/11/11, West Side Story Tour 3/18/11

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#18A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/28/10 at 10:16pm

although I'd love her to come out, meet her, and get her autograph, the women is 84! We should be lucky she's still on broadway and accept that she doesn't sign playbills, regardless of the reason.

musicman_bwayfan
#19A little night music stage door
Posted: 5/31/10 at 2:17pm

If anyone needs anything signed by Angela + most of the cast, I have some stuff available. I will only respond to private messages.

musicman_bwayfan
#20A little night music stage door
Posted: 6/6/10 at 4:04am

"dondihom" - you sent me a private message around 1am tonight. Your private message capabilities are turned off so I cannot respond to you. Either turn on your private messaging (and let me know that you have done so) or send me your email address privately and I will respond ASAP.

tim10086 Profile Photo
tim10086
#21A little night music stage door
Posted: 6/6/10 at 7:01am

"Well, I mean, she does drop the cards at the end"

LOLOLOLOL.

I guess she DOES die every night. So of course she can't come out. She's...dead.

I will climb back up that mountain!

defygravity24
#22A little night music stage door
Posted: 8/23/10 at 9:10pm

BUMPP!!!

do elaine and bernie come out of the stage door? and at matinees or just evening performances?

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#23A little night music stage door
Posted: 8/23/10 at 9:35pm

They both do, but Elaine just comes out and waves

I went to their opening earlier this month, so Barbara Cook and a bunch of people went in to see Bernie, so it took her about an hour to come out, but she signed and took pictures and chatted with everyone and was very gracious and extremely sweet. She took the time to sign my playbill, my moms, our tickets, take a picture with me, my mom, and talk about how she recognized me from the front row. Best stage door encounter I've ever had.

(Mind you this was a Sunday matinee and they were going to their party afterwards, stage door experience is subject to change, please consult your doctor before taking StageDoorian, results vary from day to day.)

defygravity24
#24A little night music stage door
Posted: 8/23/10 at 10:00pm

does anyone think they would come out after a sunday matinee on a normall occasion with no after party?